Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

An Illinois race track is like a box of chocolates.......you never know what ya goin get

They finally got the track prep right, then they go back to the old farmer city. Time management has always been a problem here go to the track 45 mins to the and figure out hows it done.

I think the B5 is quicker than Rocket 1 . Congrats to RocketShepp.

Just solidifies what I've been saying. Rocket 1 is trying something different. BS shows up in the family ride and puts a whooping on everybody.

Thanks again Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    How could this happen? Spent a long time reworking the track.
    All they actually did was scratch the top layer. They didn't apply any water to the surface and didn't pack it or dust it off before the feature. It was also "funny" to me that track prep was done at exactly 11:00...

Where did the 94 Ausin Retig finish

Wow, I stayed up for that? Reminded me of slot cars from when I was a kid.

I'm with you, John Boy. Driving back to Indianapolis and getting home at 2:45am, I had plenty of time to say exactly the same.....I drove over and stayed up for that? Really disappointing. No one would move off the bottom grove. The modified feature was more entertaining than the late model race.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Where did the 94 Ausin Retig finish
    Last.......
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Just solidifies what I've been saying. Rocket 1 is trying something different. BS shows up in the family ride and puts a whooping on everybody.
    I'm sure DoD will have him #1 in the polls next week
    2021 race count
    6 events

First time I've ever left a race only half complete. Sux but it happens.

Thx for the updates. Fell asleep watching the 4 wide and woke up with Bshep in victory lane.

No need to watch the DoD recap!

I still can't believe Feger had to use a provisional and Spatola didn't make the show...at Farmer City!

Does anyone know if Sheppard has someone from the Rocket house car crew that wrenches on his family owned ride too, or does Brandon know the set-up side of things well enough to transfer or relate things himself? Either way, always impressive. Congrats to him!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I still can't believe Feger had to use a provisional and Spatola didn't make the show...at Farmer City!

Does anyone know if Sheppard has someone from the Rocket house car crew that wrenches on his family owned ride too, or does Brandon know the set-up side of things well enough to transfer or relate things himself? Either way, always impressive. Congrats to him!
    I'm thinking Jason changed something up on that MB. Was fast, now out to lunch.
    Those Mars cars are hot right out of the box. Probably need to leave them be. Head scratcher indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I still can't believe Feger had to use a provisional and Spatola didn't make the show...at Farmer City!Does anyone know if Sheppard has someone from the Rocket house car crew that wrenches on his family owned ride too, or does Brandon know the set-up side of things well enough to transfer or relate things himself? Either way, always impressive. Congrats to him!
    Would love to see a promoter's choice and let Spatola tag the tail of the feature. I know some people don't like that, but seems like good will to do that sometimes for a quality racer in a good car.

Farmer City should be embarrassed after that show. Have they ever started on time? No need for street stocks, super slo-mo track scratch at 11pm.....the list goes on and on. I think the loudest cheer of the night was when the tractor finally pulled off the track.

Am an anti time trial, so far be it from me being objective. With time trials the need is there to start earlier, waste some of the allotted time, and use up some of the better track conditions while tt’ing. I don’t get it.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Caution with 61 to go as Babb abruptly stops and now heads to the infield.
    Yea just so he could make an adjustment to right rear. Should be a rule about that.Leader was in heavy lap traffic and might have been some racing if not for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Yea just so he could make an adjustment to right rear. Should be a rule about that.Leader was in heavy lap traffic and might have been some racing if not for him.
    Track is locked down and rubbered up, and Sheppard was spanking them. But if Babb didn’t cause a caution, there might have been a race.

No. Once it’s rubbered up, they will not move outta the rubber. It’s infuriating and boring as he!!, but that’s it once that happens. They’ll barely pass the lappers once it rubbers up. Just too risky. Hang back from the lappers and just make sure no one is real close. Watched it at Atomic, PRP, and can’t remember where else.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.