Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hudson O’Neal wins at Eldora

Followed by Lanigan and Moran.

Didn’t like seeing Moran stuff Hawkins in the wall with a terrible attempt at a slider.

Doesn’t surprise me Moran did that.

Yes, bad slider!

Anyone else think the grandstands looked a little on the thin side attendance wise?

Seems like the Hawkins bunch are always on the bad ends of those
    2021 race count
    6 events

well when you charge $24 to get in and kids 12 and under is $9 I wonder why lol. If it wasnt for Lucas canceling you would have had 15 late models to go with 17 mods and 18 stocks lol. Seems like taking last year off was a bad decision when all other tracks were running with fans and all. The state hurt them bad.

One other thing Oakshade had 23 Super Lates and Atomic had 23 Super Lates as well and other tracks had around 24 to 32 mods as well. On myracepass I counted around 45 cars that normally go to Eldora in the Mods and late models that were not there that ran there weekly in 2019.

Let's just think about when Eldora actually announced a schedule....it was like 3 weeks ago. Not a lot of time to plan a trip as a fan or race team. These shows clearly don't pay the bills, but allow guys track time for sure. I bet we see a smaller than normal crowd for the Dream in a couple weeks for sure as not everyone is as anxious to get into crowds and the border with Canada/US still being closed

You really did not see many cars coming from Canada in 2019 maybe 1 or 2. Also May 30th is their normal race date for the Appleseed so lets see if we see 28 to 35 Supers and 30 or so mods and 24 stocks like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    well when you charge $24 to get in and kids 12 and under is $9 I wonder why lol. If it wasnt for Lucas canceling you would have had 15 late models to go with 17 mods and 18 stocks lol. Seems like taking last year off was a bad decision when all other tracks were running with fans and all. The state hurt them bad.
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

I do agree, if there wasn’t cancellations, the count woulda been lower.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Let's just think about when Eldora actually announced a schedule....it was like 3 weeks ago. Not a lot of time to plan a trip as a fan or race team. These shows clearly don't pay the bills, but allow guys track time for sure. I bet we see a smaller than normal crowd for the Dream in a couple weeks for sure as not everyone is as anxious to get into crowds and the border with Canada/US still being closed
    Honestly, I think it’ll be packed. People are so ready to get back to “normal” that I think they’ll be good all around.

Only thing that sucks is that with doubling up, the World, I’ll have to sell them mid week tixs.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Some places no matter the prestige just aren't worth going to unless they are running their biggest event(s) of the year. Unfortunately my local track is that way. I only go probably once or twice possibly the rest of the year. They just don't get enough cars
    2021 race count
    6 events

Good points.

On Flo it looked like the Fairbury race was thin also on attendance.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-16-2021 at 03:04 AM.

Eldora is hard on equipment, hard on motors etc. If you don’t have the resources to basically run a $5,000 test session you’re probably skipping the lidlifter and saving it for the Dream.

Let's also not forget, covid left some people out of work. Was that a factor in the thin crowd ? Who knows.

Default Boro/00

I don’t usually see Devin be that way. But that was awful, if not intentional, just zero chance of being a decent pass.

It will be interesting to see how many cars enter the DREAM. Will it be over 80 or under 80? I doubt we see 85 or more entered. I say 75 will be max.

Just watched the replay on Flo. There couldn't have been more than 500 or 600 fans in the stands. When was the last time Eldora had that small of of a crowd that wasn't weather related? Last week's Let's Race Two did not look like much of a crowd either?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Just watched the replay on Flo. There couldn't have been more than 500 or 600 fans in the stands. When was the last time Eldora had that small of of a crowd that wasn't weather related? Last week's Let's Race Two did not look like much of a crowd either?
    Last week was reduced capacity. Don't know if that was a factor or not?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Is the replay not available? I see the replays available on Flo for all the other races from last night, but not Eldora.