Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That was a bobby slider gone wrong on Hawkins. Super Stocks had a good race

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nqelCxsrRrg&t=435s
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 05-16-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I always lmao when I see the words slider and booby in the same sentence........ What lil booby is doing isn't SLIDING, it's SLAMMING!! The kid wouldn't be able to pull off a dam "slider" like the pros do... 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Is the replay not available? I see the replays available on Flo for all the other races from last night, but not Eldora.
    Type in Eldora on Youtube, it’s the first video. And there’s footage of the “slider”.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    That was a bobby slider gone wrong on Hawkins. Super Stocks had a good race

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nqelCxsrRrg&t=435s
    I was thinking that, just didn’t want to say it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Then how come ya did?☝😁🤘

Looked like a racing deal to me. The difference between a successful slider and one like this is often times a matter of getting lucky or not. Once you commit, a lot of times you’re just hoping it works. We see it pretty much every weekend. It’s dirt racing. It happens.

^^^^ Gotta agree. With these containment seats visibility is at a minimum for sure. Understanding why some of them don't turn out to well.
    8/13/16

Last week the world of outlaws sprint series basically sold out both nights. They have a huge following. I realize the world and dream are there, but lets face it. Tony has done little to nothing to grow the sport in that region, sadly most of the people in the area really dont like Tony making Eldora a special events track only. Thats his choice and thats his track, but along with that came a lot of favor from the locals and law enforcement. Lets see what happens, Even Steve Casebolt drove past the Eldora exit to go 75 miles further away to Atomic. And lets face it, 24v dollars for that weak of a show is very expensive, he should have brought in the 360's also. I know the boos are coming with my next statement but I think Eldora needs to reduce its banking like they did before the NASCRAP trucks came in, especially in 3 and 4. Lets face it, when Eldora is face the racing sucks, its one fast groove all the way around. Speed sells, but competitive racing keeps fans coming back.

Anyone who thinks the Dream crowd is gonna be light has lost their mind ! That place is gonna be packed!!! 2 complete $127k shows in 4 days! And it’s the 1st big race at Eldora n a year and a half!

Default Terry

But it’s all in where you execute them. You gotta dive down and make yourself seen and that way this guy knows you are committing and going for a slider. When you do what Devin did or what someone else is famous for, you give the person zero options. When they know you are committing to it, you give them time to make a decision so contact won’t be made. A little different angle and Devin is getting turned straight into the wall. The just below them and stuff him move rarely works, and eventually it will not. In the form of payback later or right then.

So many of these guys do them perfectly and know how to counter them also. Some, just are terrible at it. Shame it ruined Hawkins night.

Default 79

Exactly how I see it.

The car count at the dream and world will be down because of now 4 nights of racing. The small teams just can't afford tires let alone wear on engines and equipment ! The 50th world might be the only saving grace for the car count !

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    The car count at the dream and world will be down because of now 4 nights of racing. The small teams just can't afford tires let alone wear on engines and equipment ! The 50th world might be the only saving grace for the car count !
    If you're racing a super late model and can't afford tires, you're probably racing the wrong class. Just sayin.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    I've kinda wondered about this all along. I can see some guys that don't do qualify or race well on Wednesday, plum skipping out on Thursday and try their luck for the Friday and Saturday portion.

The World and the Dream will have huge crowds, I never said anything about samll crowds for those events. Besides the World and the Dream is more about the event than the racing. Thats a given! I bet youll hear the term hallowed grounds the Dream week at least 20 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you're racing a super late model and can't afford tires, you're probably racing the wrong class. Just sayin.
    If the racers can't afford the tires, perhaps there is something wrong with the division??

What wasn't shown in the clip from this thread is that Hawkins suddenly went low at the other end of the track, then drifted back in front of Moran. Moran swung to the inside to avoid running into the back of Hawkins. He was then trapped to the inside and I think he just mis-judged what his car could do in that groove.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    If the racers can't afford the tires, perhaps there is something wrong with the division??
    Something wrong with the division? Really?
    40g motors, 40g chassis, 1/2 million dollar hauler, and you say tire bill? Yer kidding right?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What wasn't shown in the clip from this thread is that Hawkins suddenly went low at the other end of the track, then drifted back in front of Moran. Moran swung to the inside to avoid running into the back of Hawkins. He was then trapped to the inside and I think he just mis-judged what his car could do in that groove.
    Hawkins suddenly went low because he was catching Bronson in lap traffic, Bronson was boxed in so he tried the bottom to try to close in even closer, which ended up being the wrong decision. That doesn’t take away the fact that Moran threw a half azz slide attempt. After the feature Moran knew he messed up.

Yes, he messed up. But, I don't think he was throwing a slider. You lift, it takes 10 laps to catch back up. He was just trying to keep his speed up through that 2 second course of events.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1