Default Hand held English wheel

Anyone used one? How well do they work? $550 is pretty steep.

Not well enough for me to pay 550 bucks for one. When I could build one out of scrap square tubing, rubber casters and all thread for about 60 bucks. That's the most overpriced tool I've seen sold. Next to a spring machine.

Yeah good luck making one that works as well as the real one with cheap wheels. The real one works great. Real english wheels on it

I'm not trying to straighten the quarter panel of a 55 chevy. It's. 040 aluminum. Two inch wide hard rubber casters are just fine. I have a real English wheel at home to get it perfect. For at track improvements. I don't need to spend a shock rebuild on something I can build with mostly scrap.
    Last edited by Punisher88; 05-19-2021 at 07:38 PM.

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRA...-on-Iron-2RZC6 Guarantee you can find these cheaper somewhere besides grainger.

I have one we bought several years ago from harbor freight for under 300 bucks that works as good as any I have used

Funny this subject came up. Afew years ago a greeting mentioned getting one and i gave him a bunch of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) because he had raced for like 6 weeks with a shock shaft that had been bent and they "straightened" it but that was he was gonna spend money on over the winter. English wheels work really good no denying that but I feel like it's way down the list of things you should be spending money on for the average guy. We've always used a hammer and dolly our a block of wood and been just fine. The guy I grew up racing with used to say " the fat lady in the top row can't tell the difference"

We say, 100 mph in the dark, no one will see it...

Just say no...

No one cares what it looks like it winners circle anyway.