Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post

Wow! This is going to be interesting.

How did Strickler look at Port Royal ? Did he qualify well ? I am sure it will take some time in the car to get it setup for the way he drives. He should do better tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    How did Strickler look at Port Royal ? Did he qualify well ? I am sure it will take some time in the car to get it setup for the way he drives. He should do better tonight .
    From just watching on DirtVision, he looked like a fish out of water flopping all over the place.

He was trying really hard to throw it in on the top. He either changes his driving style completely or he mite as well stay on the porch. Granted first night, but every time I saw him on camera he was looking to run the top. Will see what happens with this deal ? But for right now, a bloomie chassis does not fit his driving style at all.

Lol as I posted on page 1, we have the high side tickler driving a bloomquist car. It just didn’t seem like a good combo although as people posted back at me drivers adjust. I guess they only adjust if they want to and Stricklers been on that high side his whole career thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    If Strickler did grab a longhorn the same weekend as he headed to Bloomers, I bet you Bloomquist is going over that thing as I type this , maybe that was part of the deal before heading over to the new ride.
    You're easily excited aren't ya? 🤓

I was surprised at the lack of sponsors on the car.

As it turns out, I was surprised about everything concerning that car, driver, performance/Smile

I like Kyle, I really do....going all the way back to his Northeast Modified days at my home track, Grandview Speedway. But his current situation has disaster written all over it...I know there are three sides to every story. But something just doesn't add up? I guess I will see with my own eyes at Port Royal tonight. I am still not sure where what cars he is getting, and will be driving, after this weekend from the Bloomquist camp????

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    As it turns out, I was surprised about everything concerning that car, driver, performance/Smile
    It was all I expected.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I like Kyle, I really do....going all the way back to his Northeast Modified days at my home track, Grandview Speedway. But his current situation has disaster written all over it...I know there are three sides to every story. But something just doesn't add up? I guess I will see with my own eyes at Port Royal tonight. I am still not sure where what cars he is getting, and will be driving, after this weekend from the Bloomquist camp????
    I feel (and this is just my opinion) that racing with Bloomquist this weekend was just because Kyle has a motor, and Bloomer camp doesn't at the moment. Personally I think Kyle will be in a Longhorn in a few weeks provided by his sponsors.

So this was a one time thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I feel (and this is just my opinion) that racing with Bloomquist this weekend was just because Kyle has a motor, and Bloomer camp doesn't at the moment. Personally I think Kyle will be in a Longhorn in a few weeks provided by his sponsors.
    That sure isn't the DoD story at all
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Recently, Bloomquist said he wants to get his cars to work on the high side of the track. I don't think you could find a better racer than the High Side Tickler to help develop a setup for a race car to run the high side. The Bloomquist team will need time to get the chassis to work on the high side. Hopefully all on the team will not get too impatient before they develop a winning combination. Winners will find a way to make it to the front. Both Bloomquist and Strickler know how to win.
    Last edited by Mod Runner; 05-22-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    It was posted somewhere that Bloomer has 3 motors and 2 cars, so it’s not that. I just dunno that it’ll last for a number of reasons.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Strickler starting 24th tonight. Needed a provisional to get in.

Kyle definetly looked terrible this weekend. I dont know how much I'm going to look into it. That is probably the worst I've ever seen Port Royal race.

A lot of really fast drivers and cars did not do very well at Port Royal tonight. I hope Bloomquist and strickler take consolation in the fact they finished better tonight than last night. They are making progress with the Bloomquist chassis. Just look at Boom Briggs , Cade Dillard , and Brandon Shephard and how poorly they finished and they are usually very fast. The track must have favored certain chassis combinations.

Boom Briggs and the words usually pretty fast don’t belong in the same sentence. Although he is ahead of Brent Larson in points I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    A lot of really fast drivers and cars did not do very well at Port Royal tonight. I hope Bloomquist and strickler take consolation in the fact they finished better tonight than last night. They are making progress with the Bloomquist chassis. Just look at Boom Briggs , Cade Dillard , and Brandon Shephard and how poorly they finished and they are usually very fast. The track must have favored certain chassis combinations.
    He finished pretty close to where he was running night 1, before dropping out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1