Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deleware Double FIle Restarts

Personally not a fan.

Do we really need to give the leader that big of an advantage anymore?

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Personally not a fan.

Do we really need to give the leader that big of an advantage anymore?

What are your thoughts?
    What do you propose as an alternative? Single file? Or all double?

Two row restarts help the surface a lot. I like them for that reason.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Normal double file restart. The leader does not need an advantage.

if u have a big lead that is erased by whatever reason the caution comes out. I don’t feel like u have an advantage by being bunched back up in the field, and starting with 2nd and third in tow. Of course it would be better for the fans, but it’s not the guy in the bleachers battling for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Normal double file restart. The leader does not need an advantage.
    The leader earned that advantage on the track, he should keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The leader earned that advantage on the track, he should keep it.
    He may have. Or, if you are down south, he may have just ran 1 good lap early in the night.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Go double file but give leader the choice of inside or outside,third on back line up where they were before caution.

The biggest advantage leader has on these restarts, is having a signal guy that tells him where to go. Sometimes that's not even an advantage. I watched it happen last night.

The guy in the front is the fastest already with the aero dependency, sticking him in the clean air doesn't make for better racing, it makes for boring racing. Most of the passing is done on restarts anyway so why should the leader get special treatment? Make him fight for his spot too. If he's the best driver and fastest car, prove it.

I like Delaware double restarts but I like straight up double file restarts no leader out front better

Fan of true double file. I’d even say use the cone rule last Nascar. Can’t remember if they adopted it from somewhere. Bowman Grey is the place that introduced me to it. Pick inside our outside when it’s your turn.

Also a bigger fan of track/series were the flag man starts the race instead of the pole man. At least on the initial start.

my opinion, the Delaware double file restart is the only way any race should go. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He may have. Or, if you are down south, he may have just ran 1 good lap early in the night.
    That sounds like more of a "racing down south" problem than the restarts. Who the heck ever heard of qualifying & lining straight up???that is a non racing as it gets. if I wanted follow the leader, I would go watch freight trains pass by STUPID AS HELL

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    That sounds like more of a "racing down south" problem than the restarts. Who the heck ever heard of qualifying & lining straight up???that is a non racing as it gets. if I wanted follow the leader, I would go watch freight trains pass by STUPID AS HELL
    Completely agree, I will throw in my vote though-'Choose' restarts....Pick your poison!

the cone has been around local paved racing for as long as I can remember. The delaware file start is a lot like qualifying vs pill draws. The fans want to see passing and the drivers want to start on the pole and lead every lap without having to pass anyone. Fans want action drivers don't want action lol

Straight up double file works for me. Driver chooses inside or outside!

Well they raced and put on a lot of good shows without the double file for years a lot of tracks are so poorly prepared they can't even do the double file restart it really doesn't matter to me.

I wonder how many people on here r saying it’s too big of an advantage nowadays, r the same people that still like the 6 invert at Eldora... DDF is a reward for that leader, he was out front, he should get to stay out there. And the 6 car invert is ridiculous at Eldora. These cars r too close nowadays to penalize someone for unloading fast.

In my mind, they should all be single file restarts. Drivers have earned the right to start ahead of cars that they were ahead of when a yellow flag is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    The fans want to see passing and the drivers want to start on the pole and lead every lap without having to pass anyone. Fans want action drivers don't want action lol
    Bingo! That’s the paradox of it all.
    I hate time trials.