Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I doubt DLM teams are getting their parts from third world suppliers who are low on stock. Those teams are run by men who do things themselves. The real answer is probably money. Either Sheppard wants more and isn't getting it, or Richards doesn't want to spend any extra on the car. They may have had a record setting season last year but I imagine the costs are close to what they won. He's already pumped out 1000 of the things and doesn't have anything left to prove.
    http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?403...arts-shortages

https://insidedirtracing.com/more-th...rts-shortages/

I doubt DLM teams are getting their parts from third world suppliers who are low on stock. Those teams are run by men who do things themselves. The real answer is probably money. Either Sheppard wants more and isn't getting it, or Richards doesn't want to spend any extra on the car. They may have had a record setting season last year but I imagine the costs are close to what they won. He's already pumped out 1000 of the things and doesn't have anything left to prove.
    Didn't think the answers could get dumber but here we are

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    You gotta remember there’s only about 6 users on here that know anything about dlm racing.

How about providing some then.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Very true👍 I think your analysis is spot on although Rocket is up to just shy of 6000 chassis. Yes that many. Last I heard it was around 5600 chassis built. Incredible success up there off I 79 in West by god Virginia.

Wow,...................
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Everybody seems to forget how far off the 49 was last year, now look at'em.
    Or the Rocket stable’s dwindling performance before unveiling the XR1.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

They say mark makes posts disappear. I sure as he** hope this one gets booted. Give it up, not one person knows if rocket 1 is trying something new or what's going on. I will say this, Mark Richards has always been a guy to change things up. It's how and why he has sold so many cars. How many color choices was there for a chassis not that many yrs ago ?
    Oh let's please not forget, the team is leading the points.

They will win. No doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    They will win. No doubt about that.
    Its already beenWon... 👍😉

Madden grew up racing on dry southern tracks and Sheppard grew up racing in the Midwest. This Spring has been drier than normal. Madden is in his element now and has the wins to back it up. Once the Midwest tracks get more moisture in them I am thinking Madden will not win so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Access to material to make blocks, cranks, pistons, rear end housings, etc is not a third world problem right now
    I think DROOP is in short supply these days....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Very true I think your analysis is spot on although Rocket is up to just shy of 6000 chassis. Yes that many. Last I heard it was around 5600 chassis built. Incredible success up there off I 79 in West by god Virginia.
    Rocket just built their 1100th XR1 chassis this month. https://twitter.com/Rocket_Chassis/s...398515714?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They say mark makes posts disappear. I sure as he** hope this one gets booted. Give it up, not one person knows if rocket 1 is trying something new or what's going on. I will say this, Mark Richards has always been a guy to change things up. It's how and why he has sold so many cars. How many color choices was there for a chassis not that many yrs ago ?
    Oh let's please not forget, the team is leading the points.
    How dare anyone question the great Mark...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Madden grew up racing on dry southern tracks and Sheppard grew up racing in the Midwest. This Spring has been drier than normal. Madden is in his element now and has the wins to back it up. Once the Midwest tracks get more moisture in them I am thinking Madden will not win so much.
    You actually think that tracks get more tacky during the months where it may go weeks without rain, as opposed to the months on the spring where it rains more frequently and still has water in the ground from snow melting?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Access to material to make blocks, cranks, pistons, rear end housings, etc is not a third world problem right now
    Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I just talked to an guy you know the other day. They have broken 2 rear ends lately, and winters had told them 2-3 month wait on a new one. So that just goes to show ya, it's starting to roll down hill slowly.
    Most definitely. There’s a shortage on pretty much everything right now. Take a look in a lot of dealerships lots, no vehicles. And used ones are at a premium.

Plastic pipe for utilities, price has went up a lot. And the raw materials for rear ends, blocks, etc, definitely a shortage.

It’ll shake out, but it’ll take six months to a year I’d guess. Well, that is unless people start whittling blocks and rear ends in their back fukin yards.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.