Default Best device for streaming races?

Which device is best for streaming races on Mavtv, Flo and DirtVision, with the least amount of buffering, a PC or some type of Android box ?

Are you sure your issues are because of device? Do you have fast, reliable internet service? Most times that is going to be the issue.I’m assuming you dont have apple products because you mentioned Android, but I use Apple TV for everything and have basically no issues.

I use PC, Roku, Smart Tv, and my android phone. All work well...He's right, it's mostly a question of your service.

Phone, fire stick, PC, all work for me
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Wired ethernet, Desktop/Laptop HDMI to TV, and Chrome browser. I don't know if you can do much better.

Internet is good, seems that I have no buffering on my android phone but pc seems to buffer more? Not sure if other things on my pc slow it down. My computer is only 2 years old, but is there something that I should be looking at it for?

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Internet is good, seems that I have no buffering on my android phone but pc seems to buffer more? Not sure if other things on my pc slow it down. My computer is only 2 years old, but is there something that I should be looking at it for?
    Can you watch youtube videos without any problems or is when your watching any videos that it buffers

I got a roku express plus. It's a tiny little thing, it works great.

I’m no tech guy but i think a streaming stick plugged into tv is best. Those devices don’t devote any memory to other things like a computer does. I have a Roku and a fire stick and both work good. Right now dirtvision is only working on the Roku as it has a Roku app. Fire stick is supposed to be coming soon. Flo and mav tv plus work on fire stick fine.

Firestick for Flo Racing and Hockey. Works fine. And my highspeed internet is questionable at times with every device in the house, yet the Firestick works fine with no issues or buffering.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I am thinking that my computer may be the problem.

Do you clear the cache or run something like ccleaner often? If I'm having issues, I'll try ccleaner and rebooting. That usually does it. But that's on an always on laptop.

I have the fastest internet att offers and still had some buffering issues. I read on the net, where the Firesticks tend to get too hot when they stay plugged in. Now, i make sure to unplug it at least 30 mins before a race and I have had ZERO problems since.

for the one's that is using firestick, what are your settings other then what they say

Quote Originally Posted by dlmfan View Post
    for the one's that is using firestick, what are your settings other then what they say
    Mine are standard, but i clear the cache, close all apps, and restart it every time!

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Firestick for Flo Racing and Hockey. Works fine. And my highspeed internet is questionable at times with every device in the house, yet the Firestick works fine with no issues or buffering.
    These streaming devices are pretty sweet, I run Roku personally. They manage low bandwidth a number of ways so you can stay connected. The biggest is resolution control; they default to Auto which will stream at the highest resolution your connection can support at any given times. It will float between 480p and 4k depending on conditions. The other is live delay where you may think you are watching it live, but it "buffered" in the beginning and goes from there so you really don't know how "live" you are but unless you are talking to someone there or on a different stream. You could be seconds to minutes behind the live action. In the end it doesn't matter in 99% of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Picked up a Firestick late last week and watched the both nights of the Show Me 100 and didn't have a problem at all plus it was a lot clearer as I didn't have to adjust the bandwidth like I had to do on my computer. Thanks to everyone who replied for your help. Plus watched a couple of movies on there for free with our Amazon Prime account.