Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Ford electric F-150

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jptUPEpxN0I

On line order was 48,000 in 45 minutes.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

As much as the gas powered versions get plugged in to check for bad codes, they should have the whole plug in portion of the program perfected for these electric ones.

Are these constant awd and have to be picked up with a flatbed or can they be towed with a regular hook truck like the rest of them are?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I was shocked that sleepy joe could even get in it , much less drive it , surprised me .....

Electric Trucks = robbing Peter to pay Paul

Ford, electric, and Bumbling Biden.........no thanks!

I wonder how many of those 48K were, fleet purchased vehicles and government fleet purchased vehicles?

Remember, Biden said he would replace 650K government fleet vehicles with EV’s.

Very very good question ?

From an article I read about the truck sales it's individuals and not companies or the government. They did this to see how it would be accepted by the public.

I'm not sure on that number since Ford's CEO tweeted that they had 44,500 orders within the first 48 hours. As for how many of those are from Biden, I'd put it at around 0. 48,000 is actually fairly low for pre-orders when compared to Cybertruck (200k within 72 hours). Government orders would also be bulk orders. Ford has been reported to have 44,500 orders, not units. I do agree that if Biden follows through on his promise, he will do so through Ford

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    From an article I read about the truck sales it's individuals and not companies or the government. They did this to see how it would be accepted by the public.
    Yes and the articles you read say FAUCCI is a genius ! Here kitty kitty !

They have focus groups for that....this is a play for Joe money right now.

Thought I read somewhere the majority of these pre sell vehicles were indeed fleet, company and govt. vehicles.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    They have focus groups for that....this is a play for Joe money right now.

Thought I read somewhere the majority of these pre sell vehicles were indeed fleet, company and govt. vehicles.
    https://www.fleetowner.com/resource-...nce-bev-pickup

Maybe it was this electric truck.

If this nation ever has a major blackout how is anyone or company going to use these F-150's?

I predict that after the hoopla and fabricated build up and praise for these trucks by the politically controlled media, that they will wind up flopping like Orisis's tongue!!!! hehe

I myself, and Junior are going to pass on these juice wagons!!! hehe
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 05-26-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    If this nation ever has a major blackout how is anyone or copmany going to use these F-150's?

I predict that after the hoopla and fabricated build up and praise for these trucks by the politically controlled media, that they will wind up flopping like Orisis's tongue!!!! hehe

I myself, and Junior are going to pass on these juice wagons!!! hehe
    Nobody cares chucklehead lol............................................... .............

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jptUPEpxN0I

On line order was 48,000 in 45 minutes.
    Hey ss12, how's that Tesla running these days?

Nobody cares chucklehead lol............................................... .............
    Speak for yourself knucklehead.... hahahaahahaa
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Speak for yourself knucklehead.... hahahaahahaa
    To funny............................................. ..

https://www.realclearenergy.org/arti...le_773429.html

Joe Biden’s EV Dreams Are Just Another Government Boondoggle

No one’s surprised to find President Biden’s $2.3 trillion infrastructure package brimming with special interest pork, but his green dreams may be the biggest government boondoggle yet.

Included in the infrastructure bill are $174 billion toward vehicle electrification, provisions for 500,000 new electric car charging stations, and plans to electrify the entire federal vehicle fleet.

While electric vehicles (EVs) are a strong symbol of climate activism — a clear statement declaring concern about the fate of the planet — as things stand today, they make little difference in terms of curbing global greenhouse gas emissions.

The United States’ energy grid is still largely reliant on fossil fuels. Adding millions of federal electric cars to the road and spending billions on charging stations without solving the problem of establishing reliable, zero-emission energy puts the cart before the horse. And though renewable energy like wind and solar are in vogue with the Democratic administration, the impracticality of scaling these technologies is an inconvenient truth that can’t be ignored.

Solar and wind are impractical sources of energy because of their intermittent power generation and low power densities. Any energy grid reliant upon these two carbon-free energy sources must be supplemented by baseload energy such as natural gas or nuclear. Biden’s plan would punish utilities, forcing them to phase out fossil fuels and embrace solar and wind via a clean energy standard, and would extend the renewable investment and production tax credit, a program that the notorious Solyndra once benefited from. Biden might be able to coerce the adoption of these technologies, but their underlying shortcomings aren’t going away.

Mandating a less reliable energy grid by pushing for solar and wind while at the same time incentivizing more electricity use by encouraging the adoption of EVs is a recipe for disaster. It’s destroying supply while jacking up demand. Even if the energy grid challenges could be overcome — a tall order — EVs remain a luxury good for the more affluent among us and are therefore impractical for the average driver.

For example, the most popular EV sold in 2020 was Tesla’s Model 3 at $38,690 on the low end with another $9,000 needed to obtain the long-range model. Tesla’s Model X was another top seller, ringing in at $91,190. Even with the $7,500 federal tax break, those prices might be a bit too steep for many Americans. Ultimately, the EV and green tech provisions in Biden’s infrastructure plan will only further subsidize wealthy Americans.

Furthermore, Biden’s plan to ramp up EV infrastructure by spending billions to build 500,000 charging stations across the country is entirely unnecessary. In 2019, 17 million new light-duty vehicles were sold. That same year, fewer than 363,000 EVs were purchased. Clearly, current demand doesn’t warrant such a massive government investment.

The reality is, true all-electric vehicles represent less than 2 percent of cars on the road today. That’s because for most drivers they’re simply unaffordable and impractical.

Yes, major car manufacturers, spurred by government fuel regulation, have pledged to invest more to develop their own electrified vehicles, but this doesn’t warrant government spending.

In fact, if these moves are driven by genuine anticipation of a spike in consumer demand, then this signals a need in the market for more charging stations to accommodate the coming surge in EVs on the road. Again, the government need not step in. As demand rises for EVs, so too will demand for EV infrastructure. Private entrepreneurs motivated by the desire for profit will rush to meet that demand. Growing national debt and raising taxes in order for government, rather than private industry, to meet that demand is not necessary.

And all of this spending comes on the heels of having already spent $5.4 trillion throughout the Coronavirus crisis. We’ve saddled the country with a debt so large even Keynesian economists typically favorable to the Democratic agenda have warned about the risk of inflation and growth stagnation. To spend another nearly $2.3 trillion on projects that won’t meet their stated aim is simply reckless. And remember, this package is only phase one of two.

The Congressional Budget Office predicts that if we continue under the current spending status-quo, per-person income will be $6,300 lower than it would be otherwise. That’s because, despite what proponents of the convenient Modern Monetary Theory might theorize, incurring massive debt does have real-world consequences.

Large government deficits hurt the economy in part because that debt represents money that could be circulating privately in the economy as capital to be invested in enterprises that would actually create wealth. The money the government spends has a short-term consumption benefit but a long-term growth cost. In short, increased spending will have the effect of throwing a weighted blanket on the economy.

Ultimately, consumer demand doesn’t warrant massive government spending on EV infrastructure. Further, EVs that plug into a grid reliant upon fossil fuels accomplish little in terms of curbing global greenhouse gas emissions. What we need are real solutions to climate change not ideological posturing and handouts to special interests. And most importantly, we must weigh the cost of government programs against other priorities, like long-term economic health.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I did too. That’s why I was asking ss12. But he’s disappeared since his drive-by posting.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hey ss12, how's that Tesla running these days?
    The tesla has been nothing but amazing. No engine, transmission oil to be changed. Less maintenance than any car I have owned. The first electric car in USA was back in 1890-91.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.