Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris125 View Post
    Again, if you have an article to back up your claim, I am willing to see it and take it into consideration. I can't guarantee that it'll change my mind, but I am always open to seeing new information.
    The fact you think you're important enough that anyone would care or make the effort to change your mind about anything is laughable.......narcissist much?

Most of us just state our own opinions on 4m based on life experiences, facts, observations , reading books,and just good ole common sense.....rarely has anyone changed my mind on an opinion I have based on what I read on 4m.

Being said, it won't ever stop me from making a post to challenge something if I think it's incorrect or loaded with absolute bias.....like many of your posts so far are.

Doesn't mean I'm trying to change your mind in any way, just means I think your full of sheet.....hope that clears it up.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Lurker guess who else won. Sleepy Joe Biden. The majority of voters quit buying into the lies that Trump was telling. Is amazing how many gullible fools are still believing in the lies. The republican senators voted against a bipartisan commission on the insurrection. They fear the consequences of the truth knowing it would destroy the chances for the 2022 elections. Party over country. They only care about themselves and not what good for the citizens of the USA. Trump has destroyed the republican party and all of the good principles they once had.

Have a great Memorial weekend!
    It's been widely reported that he won, but when does he clock in and officially start?

Have fun yourself with the grands this weekend.....we plan on doing exactly the same.

He's started... and as the Merle Haggard song says "like a snowball headed for he!!", that's where the country is headed under his "leadership".

I like Joe as a person , he seems kind, compassionate and caring. He really really does.

I think he means well but just isn't qualified to make the decisions he needs to make and is trapped and beholding to make the decisions his handlers and planners tell him to make.
    Mama says Kamala is the debil.

Lurker I will say the articles I have read do not specifically say they're fleet orders or by individuals. By reading them it sounds like individuals because, of the 100.00 deposit but, I realize that means nothing. It could be just a ploy to get individuals interest in them.

I just can't remember how I worded it the first time I looked it up and now can't find the article I was reading.

Its all good kidrock. I understand your true sincerity, and that counts for something in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Lurker I will say the articles I have read do not specifically say they're fleet orders or by individuals. By reading them it sounds like individuals because, of the 100.00 deposit but, I realize that means nothing.
    For what its worth kidrock, furthering your comment above.

If a local trucking delivery company was to go to a Ford dealership and put a total of $1000 down ($100 per truck) as deposits for 10 new “order” trucks, to be used as say service vehicles of some kind, those trucks, that order, would qualify (and or be considered) as a Fleet or Commercial sale, with the proper U.S. Fleet Identification Number paperwork submitted to Ford corporate. As well as the needed 15 current and verifiable Fleet vehicles in/on-hand in the applicable business operations daily use of 20K miles or 12 months of in service in the calendar year. Government and Federal Agency sales wise qualifiers are similar. Only 1 current and verifiable lease Fleet vehicle, in the calendar year, and or 3 current and verifiable other Fleet vehicles in the calendar year, State and local 12 months of in service in the calendar year with 25K miles. Federal is 6 months in service, verifiable.

Lets just say I have personal firsthand experience that lets me know, what I stated is a fact. And easily verifiable by visiting your local Ford commercial sales dealership.

But like you said, “that means nothing”
    Last edited by lurker; 05-29-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Its all good kidrock. I understand your true sincerity, and that counts for something in all of this.
    Hitler's cat was truly sincere! hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Most of us just state our own opinions on 4m based on life experiences, facts, observations ----
    While some would rather not ask the right furthering questions, thus choosing to drone on debating and opining endlessly.

While your Dogs might hunt --- The EV Ford Don’t Hunt.

Yes it does..........a charging station! lol

Doesn't mean I'm trying to change your mind in any way, just means I think your full of sheet.....hope that clears it up.

Most liberals are........but the sad fact is they dont even realize it!

And kidrock ---- If passed, the “Tax” credit on 10 new Ford Lightning EV trucks is last estimated at $75K, or $7.5k per truck, last I looked. That’s huge to say a local lawn service company the qualifies for Ford Fleet or Commercial sales. That’s like 1 or 2 trucks savings that don’t cost you a penny in the end.

JMHO, from past “gut” experience ---- I’d say a secondary amount (small) of the published Ford sales numbers on the Lightning EV truck are Ford Fleet or Commercial sales, as well as Local and State Government. Again, that’s past experiences and my personal opinion.

Ford Lightning EV truck verifiable sales number (who bought them) should be public at some time in the future, so we’ll all know at that time. Until then, it’s a stalemate for the debaters. lol-haha

Lurker that makes sense. The debate is on hold lol............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Hitler's cat was truly sincere! hehe
    Think about that for a minute. A cat more sincere then you will ever be. lmao!!!!

Lurker I'm not doubting what your saying and if your past experiences tell you that then I would go with that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Lurker I'm not doubting what your saying -----
    I know that, knew that all along.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    While some would rather not ask the right furthering questions, thus choosing to drone on debating and opining endlessly.
    Opining.....lol.

Wonder if oisis will google that one so he can dispute it like he did judge schmales nephew Spaulding?

Maybe if I changed it around a little and said it this way.......When ford ev trucks are readily available for the road does anyone want to wager that out of the first 250 thousand of them sold over 1/2 of them will be to government municipalities and federal agencies?

I'll take the over on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Maybe if I changed it around a little and said it this way.......When ford ev trucks are readily available for the road does anyone want to wager that out of the first 250 thousand of them sold over 1/2 of them will be to government municipalities and federal agencies?
    A couple of points here, Barbecueboy ----

1) The total number of ALL EV’s sold in the USA was just a minuscule 326,664 in 2019. And knowing the overall sold EV number have been trending downwards since 2019, I’d say your 250,000 number is off, quite a bit off. You can search this site for the total units sold per manufacturer as it has a user friendly scrollable graph https://afdc.energy.gov/data/

Now knowing that.

2) Anyone want to do the math to see how long it will take the Ford Lightning EV to reach “your projected bet” sales number of 250,000 --- knowing the most popular EV, the Tesla Model 3 only sold 154,840 units in 2019. With the Toyota Prius PHEV being second at only 23,630 units sold in 2019.

To your point.

I say IMHO, that out of the first 250,000, those will be to government municipalities, federal agencies, local and state, and coupled with fleet and commercial sales ---- I say your ½ number is in the ballpark but will take much-much longer than a year using the 250,000 number. Honestly, I’d be shocked if Ford builds more than 250,000 in the first 3 years as EV sales have been spiraling downward.

As of 2019, the U.S. Government had 645,000 vehicles in service, and all of those will be replaced under the Biden administration, Biden said --- so maybe the Government will step in with a big Ford Lightning EV contract for Ford to boost bottom line numbers so those numbers look good.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-30-2021 at 12:01 AM.

With all the ev chatter on here and gas powered vehicles soon to be a thing of the past I would have though the number of actual ev on the road in the US would have been exponential larger.

I just threw that 250k number out as a baseline......thanks for that info.