Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

So, who would look better and who would it benefit more from propping up the numbers Ford or the Government?

Both........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Both........
    That's what I'm thinking.

Most companies I've seen (Stellantis, Ford, GM, etc.) vary somewhat on what they actually expect to happen, but generally have set 2030-2035 as the point where EVs hit substantial portions of new vehicle sales. For Stellantis (owners of Dodge/Jeep/Ram), they've announced that their plans involve American sales being about 35% by 2030 while in Europe, 70% of sales will be EV's. We still have 8.5 years to go, so it should be expected that EV usage is still low. Especially until better infrastructure is more widespread in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    With all the ev chatter on here and gas powered vehicles soon to be a thing of the past I would have though the number of actual ev on the road in the US would have been exponential larger.
    Just to clarify --- The EV sales number that I posted are for 2019 only. While the total number sold in the USA since 1999 are 1.4 million plug-in EV’s and 5.4 million hybrids. Still minuscule in the grand scheme on things all things considered.

This is interesting data also - https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So, who would look better and who would it benefit more from propping up the numbers Ford or the Government?
    I’d agree, both.

More electric cars will require both charging infrastructure and much greater electric-grid capacity. Utilities and power generators will have to invest billions of dollars creating that additional capacity while also facing the challenge of replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy sources.
    Also.

EV rollout will require huge investments in strained U.S. power grids - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AX18Y

Is the infrastructure ready for an electric vehicle future? - https://www.automotiveworld.com/arti...ehicle-future/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris125 View Post
    but generally have set 2030-2035 as the point where EVs hit substantial portions of new vehicle sales.
    By 2030-2035 the EV “new” will have worn off and EV boondoggle will be fully exposed. End game.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-30-2021 at 09:52 AM.

kazual, I think this was overlooked so I thought I would post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    If fuel consumption falls then states are in a revenue crisis with less taxes collected.

The Feds will know how to tax the charging stations per kWh.....they just won't need to.

Gas powered vehicles aren't going anywhere....anytime soon.

I wonder how many horse breeders thought the "new" of the automobile would wear off, how many at Nokia thought the "new" of full-touchscreen phones would wear off. The infrastructure will need overhauls, but that's the case when any new transportation is found. A lot of electric systems like in Texas already need to be overhauled anyways considering what happened this year.

And people still use horses to get around to this day....just like people will still be using gas powered vehicles to get around when ev has taken over the world.

If the American Horse Council is to be believed, there's somewhere around 7 million horses in the US, with around 5.6 million of those being for recreation, racing, or as show horses. I couldn't find if horses used in rodeos fall under recreation or another category, but even assuming all of the 1.4 million horses leftover are just used for transportation, that is still 0.5% as many horses as there are cars in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Hitler's cat was truly sincere! hehe
    And it had a much higher IQ than you do, chucklehead! Hahahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    And it had a much higher IQ than you do, chucklehead! Hahahahaaa
    Indeed it did lol, Ole chucklehead farted and that was it as far as brains go lol

Wink

I wonder how many horse breeders thought the "new" of the automobile would wear off, how many at Nokia thought the "new" of full-touchscreen phones would wear off. The infrastructure will need overhauls, but that's the case when any new transportation is found. A lot of electric systems like in Texas already need to be overhauled anyways considering what happened this year.
    You had me at ---

I wonder ----

Smile

----- but even assuming all of the 1.4 million horses leftover are just used for transportation ----
    The Amish have the rest of the unaccounted horses. Gas and Electric cars are the Devils work, silly.

Serious question.

A lot of electric systems like in Texas already need to be overhauled anyways ---
    With that stated, you WILL be contributing more on your personal Taxes to cover these “overhauled” costs? Yes?

The infrastructure required for widespread electric vehicle usage is at least a good 50 years away. It’s amazing how the electric car industry doesn’t want to admit that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They don't have to, people smart enough to pick up a book every now and then and think for themselves instead of being told how to think already know that.....just like you did.