Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Issues

The explanation was for anybody who might not know. Are we also going to ignore NA losing his mind with that other disaster of a post?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    And I may add, some of your one liners make me ROL. Plus, all of the guys here are wonderful, and a lot of knowledge, even yourself, and even the lefties, ideals and postings allows us to learn new things and share even if we disagree peacefully. It makes us think.
    I’d agree with all of that!!!

Oh didn't even see that post. I too would agree to an extent. I try to keep things civil so long as others do as well. I do like to argue, but I also do so to find new things to educate myself on. When I ask about sources and other things of the like, I am genuinely trying to see what makes you think the way you do and expand my horizons. I care far more about historical accuracy than political correctness.
    Last edited by Osiris1241; 07-06-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    The explanation was for anybody who might not know. Are we also going to ignore NA losing his mind with that other disaster of a post?
    I think we are just going to remember how you claim that it never ceases to amaze you how little NA looks into anything he says…..and then you explain to him what AME means.

So nobody is ignoring anything….especially the part where you are full of crap when you get called on something.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    Oh didn't even see that post. I too would agree to an extent. I try to keep things civil so long as others do as well. I do like to argue, but I also do so to find new things to educate myself on. When I ask about sources and other things of the like, I am genuinely trying to see what makes you think the way you do and expand my horizons. I care far more about historical accuracy than political correctness.
    Didn’t see, lol…….yeah, let’s go with that.

I'd be more inclined to believe you if you could actually argue any of my actual points.

It’s not about believing anything….it’s about dealing with your own denial.

You said the words homer….just own them.

And ps, I don’t argue with idiots that forget what they wrote…..I take that opportunity to teach them.

You’re welcome.

That's just a name for the book!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

[QUOTE=Confederate soldiers abandoned their posts in rebellion against the United States. [/QUOTE]

Since you are such a history buff, some additional reading might bring you to the fact that practically all of the Confederate officers RESIGNED from their U.S. military branches. I don't think I would bring up the word abandoned either since that seemed to be the SOP of the Union forces throughout the war. Most Confederate AWOLs were to check on the family's livelihood, the crops. Most came back on their own accord. The Union side, not so much.

Back when the war started there were 22 million in population the north and 5 million in the south along with an additional 4 million blacks.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Since you are such a history buff, some additional reading might bring you to the fact that practically all of the Confederate officers RESIGNED from their U.S. military branches. I don't think I would bring up the word abandoned either since that seemed to be the SOP of the Union forces throughout the war. Most Confederate AWOLs were to check on the family's livelihood, the crops. Most came back on their own accord. The Union side, not so much.
    Shhhhhh........liberals have a hard time collaborating the truth and words from CNN!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Union soldiers that abandoned their posts wouldn't fall under Veteran's Day either. The reasons for going AWOL aren't relevant to the discussion either. I do think there could be a discussion about officers who resigned before turning trait-I mean- joining the CSA as falling under Veterans Day for their prior service. I'm not so sure if that would work for vast majority of CSA troops considering the US Regular Army had about 17,000 soldiers pre-War. With about 1.08 million men serving in the CSA Army, I'd say the vast majority never even served in the US Army before or after the war (the US army shrunk to about 57k post-war).

If anyone gets to watch 'The Black Church', a PBS documentary do so, it is very interesting and shows that it is about civil right for blacks (AfricaMERICA), not about YHWH........ Remember AME Obama's preacher, " G.. D.. America". George Floyd had angle wings at a AME church, he got a free express pass to Heaven bypassing God's wrath. Al Sharpton loves the AME where he speaks his love for you, the white man, "Get your knee off of our necks".....I don't agree with the Meth church, they are anti hanging criminals. I'm not, for we need to put fear of YHWH back into the unmoral minds, otherwise, they go back to being an ape again.........'Googling can give you knowledge, but you must pray asking Yahweh for wisdom'.

^^^^^^OMG! The best one liners that I have ever did and almost didn't catch it..........To add: My D-i-c-k and Jane 1st grade story to explain 'arrived' did not work out correctly because the name D-i-c-k is a dirty word. But if one reads it anyway, I think the point gets across what 'arrived' is, with a twist of humor at the end.
    Last edited by NorthAlabama; 07-07-2021 at 11:20 PM.

When Blacks push the Civil Rights button on films, you have to know certain things. They have an agenda and are NOT telling you the whole truth. Example: ......Blacks had to pick cotton. I picked cotton when I was 7 or 8 in Mississippi with my Grandfather to make spending money. I got a whole quarter. I think they fudged the scales and I really was to be paid 22 cents (2/3s of a pickin' sack full of cotton which took me over 2 hours to pick)......Blacks had to take their children out of school to work and help make money for the family. All schools let out of school for planting days and harvest days, everybody worked..........Blacks did slave labor work and got paid little to nothing......My ancestors worked mostly as farmers and some as share croppers and in cutting timber, hard work, everybody worked hard with little pay........Certain radical (the R word) Black film makers are the worst thing that can happen to America, the goal, pity.

When Blacks push the Civil Rights button on films, you have to know certain things. They have an agenda and are NOT telling you the whole truth. Example: ......Blacks had to pick cotton. I picked cotton when I was 7 or 8 in Mississippi with my Grandfather to make spending money. I got a whole quarter. I think they fudged the scales and I really was to be paid 22 cents (2/3s of a pickin' sack full of cotton which took me over 2 hours to pick)......Blacks had to take their children out of school to work and help make money for the family. All schools let out of school for planting days and harvest days, everybody worked..........Blacks did slave labor work and got paid little to nothing......My ancestors worked mostly as farmers and some as share croppers and in cutting timber, hard work, everybody worked hard with little pay........Certain radical (the R word) Black film makers are the worst thing that can happen to America, the goal, pity.
    I'm sorry but I just do not see what you working on a cotton field and how much you were paid to do so has to do with slavery. What does that have to actually do with films covering civil rights issues/history? The issue of slavery wasn't just about the non-existent wages, but the fact that it was forced labor. Other people working hard doesn't diminish the fact that there were other people physically forced into hard labor on top of all the other horrors of slavery.

I also must ask again what sect of Christianity you follow. I have some guesses but your use of the name Yahweh just adds to the mystery for me.

Most of my ancestors bartered (non-existent wages), even working for food when share cropping and not getting paid but allowed to stay in one of the field worker shacks (maybe with a dog trot), even my mother spoke of eating cold corn bread for breakfast. I use to play under my Grandfather's house (with the chickens) looking up at the cracks in between the floor boards. On cold nights, kids slept 3 to a bed, and adults wrapped a warming brick from the fire place to put in the foot of the bed, no running water. Everybody was forced to labor, even the kids to help out doing their chores. This ideal of horrors of slavery is not so true, many servants had it far better than free whites and blacks begging for food, no housing and no wealthy white nor black Master providing essentials. Do you think if you paid a large sum of money for the services of a labor source, that you will not provide and take care of your investment? Get real. Someone has been watching to many radical black director Hollywood films; while doing their bun hair and nails, is that what I read?

Most of my ancestors bartered (non-existent wages), even working for food when share cropping and not getting paid but allowed to stay in one of the field worker shacks (maybe with a dog trot), even my mother spoke of eating cold corn bread for breakfast. I use to play under my Grandfather's house (with the chickens) looking up at the cracks in between the floor boards. On cold nights, kids slept 3 to a bed, and adults wrapped a warming brick from the fire place to put in the foot of the bed, no running water. Everybody was forced to labor, even the kids to help out doing their chores. This ideal of horrors of slavery is not so true, many servants had it far better than free whites and blacks begging for food, no housing and no wealthy white nor black Master providing essentials. Do you think if you paid a large sum of money for the services of a labor source, that you will not provide and take care of your investment? Get real. Someone has been watching to many radical black director Hollywood films; while doing their bun hair and nails, is that what I read?
    The whole reason the slave trade was so massive in the United States was because it was so much cheaper compared to even the poorest, low wage white farmers. Your experiences are terrible but assuming you aren't 116, you're at the earliest talking about the late 1800, a time where the vast majority of African Americans were living in the exact same conditions. Despite how poor those conditions were, the vast majority STILL preferred that life to one of forced servitude. Hell, the fact you even knew your mother and she knew her father is a drastic difference to the lives of many slaves who were forcibly separated from their parents. Can you name more than two popular films by black directors about the slave trade that aren't Roots, a program that only had 1 black director out of a total of 4? The "narrative" I speak of is not based on films or my own personal experiences. It's based on the thousands of historical sources available that show the slave trade as the horrific evil that it was. I'm sorry if your life was that difficult, but that doesn't negate the experiences of people just because you didn't see those experiences personally.

"Your experiences are terrible", my experience were NOT terrible, it is real life...... "majority STILL preferred that life to one of forced servitude", my great (old maid) aunt said one time, "you don't miss something that you have never had". Hard work makes a humble Godly man outta of one, if one did not work, they probably got an attitude adjustment or went without food, no matter who you were.