Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    You can't argue with any facts so you finally resort to attacks and accusations that have no bearing on the topics. It's so sad that this is the best you could come up with that isn't based on "I saw my teacher do a thing"
    Maybe you need to re-read your posts!

Looks like NA nailed it!

You only need to look at past threads to see me pointing out where you are wrong. However, I agree there are a lot of parallels between the Roman Republic and now. Though, I feel too many people don't realize that the entirety of the Roman Senate caused it's downfall, not just the Caesarians or the Conservatives.
    You pointed out in past threads where I was wrong????? HOHOHOHOO!!!! WIth a source such as Slate, or maybe the Young Turks (JURKS) No from this point on if you point out something I've said that is wrong, please ring the bell and provide actual valid, honest truth!!!

I have a sincere question for you? Are the policies, laws, and exec orders, etc that Biden is doing better than what Trump was doing.

Or do believe in walls that are there are just to be laughed at and ignored and that illegals invading the country is a GOOD thing!
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 06-18-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Wow, you can’t even be honest about the sources I’ve used. Never read or seen a Young Turks article/clip, so how could I use that as a source?

the civil war was a tax war to get the South to pay more taxes to the North letting the slaves lose was to make major advantage to the North to hurt the South in production fields to the mills it don't matter what side you was on it was a nasty war and the men that wore uniforms were all American soldiers it wasn't like they was from a different continent they were all from USA fighting for what they believed in family killing family.

And all should be recognized on Memorial Day for it……..American soldiers.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    the civil war was a tax war to get the South to pay more taxes to the North letting the slaves lose was to make major advantage to the North to hurt the South in production fields to the mills it don't matter what side you was on it was a nasty war and the men that wore uniforms were all American soldiers it wasn't like they was from a different continent they were all from USA fighting for what they believed in family killing family.
    Dam!! That's the longest single sentence I've ever seen! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    As far as the Confederate States of America were concerned, USA land ended at Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, etc. It doesn't matter what they fought for or if you think those reasons were right or wrong. They were no longer US Army veterans. That aspect is not a debate of morals. It doesn't matter if a CSA soldier had a brother in the US Army. That CSA soldier still renounced the idea that he was a US citizen. The CSA was not fighting for the USA, they were fighting to leave it, regardless of their reasons for doing so (the reason you gave is still wrong though)

And all should be recognized on Memorial Day for it……..American soldiers.

Yessir!

Whats the over/under he boo'ed the soldiers returning home from Vietnam?

That would be the exact opposite of my previous statements. It doesn't matter what my opinion on the Vietnam War is. Those troops were still members of the US military and would fall under Veterans Day or Memorial Day. They fought for the US, not against it as part of a separate nation. It's extremely simple.

That would be the exact opposite of my previous statements. It doesn't matter what my opinion on the Vietnam War is. Those troops were still members of the US military and would fall under Veterans Day or Memorial Day. They fought for the US, not against it as part of a separate nation. It's extremely simple.
    Kinda like your MIND !!!!!

They fought for the US,

.....just not the side you believed in!

No doubt you did not believe in that war. There just wasn't any reason to defend that nation worth the bother. Huh??
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    They fought for the US,.....just not the side you believed in!
    They explicitly fought against the US.

They explicitly fought against the US.
    Nope, they fought for what they believe in.......thats the American way!

Some history that I did not know: .........Who was the first American to own slaves? Anthony Johnson (colonist) Anthony Johnson (b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan who achieved freedom in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia after serving his term of indenture. He became a property owner that owned slaves, and was one of the first people in Virginia to have his right to own a slave legally recognized...........In Louisiana, 40% of the free blacks had slaves with Africans being 87% of the population in that state........Question? With the North claiming the badge of honor and being the hero of freeing all slaves, noting that most wealthy Northerners owned slaves themselves, why did they heehaw around for say a 100 years or more to take action? Why take so long? Answer: Whites up North could careless about the Negro and slavery. The North tried extra docking fees and excise tariffs to make up the lost income that the South wasn't sharing with them, the South was booming. Oh no, talk that D.C. was going to be moved to Mobile or New Orleans. The only way we can stop the South from gaining control and power, we have to kill the king, called cotton.

Ignoring Johnson because its an argument about semantics and what actually qualifies as slavery. 40% of Free Blacks would be at most around 3% of the the actual population of Louisiana before or during the Civil War. As for your question, historians have never shied away from the fact that the Union was not concerned with abolition at the beginning of the war. They changed the narrative and goal later on after the Emancipation Proclamation to pressure England and France out of directly assisting the Confederates. As for why they didn't do anything earlier... Southern States made up roughly half of Congress during the entire history of the US up until the Civil War. Not to mention the South literally seceded when Lincoln, a staunch anti-slavery candidate was elected. The North didn't WANT to force the South out and literally any action to get rid of slavery would have done just that. Can you even name the tariff that lost causers love to spout as proof that the Civil War wasn't over slavery? Either way, the vast majority of imports came through Northern ports, especially NYC and Boston. NYC alone accounted for over 2/3 of tariff-related income for the US government leading up to the Civil War.

Abraham Lincoln's Presidency, up until the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted, had a plan to either colonize an area in Central America or provide transportation to Africa for the express purpose of accommodating freed slaves. In fact there was a whole city in Liberia that had been settled and was home for freed slaves from the states. By the time Lincoln was martyred this plan was not fully supported by Lincoln's administration. The plan would have been imposed on a voluntary basis.

Think how different things would have been in this country had Lincoln's plan come to fruition. We'll never know what the overall effect of this would have been but it would have given options to people who ended up having none except to make their way in this country the best they could.

A while back while working out at a place, I met a young black male who was wearing a tee shirt of someone (another black male) that I did not know, so I asked. The young man told me who this person was, someone who is more radical than Malcom X, for I don't know these new radicals. This young man began to spill his knowledge of his extreme left Marxist views, I just listened. He was an angry male who blamed the white man for all of his problems and failures, the R word was everywhere. I finally asked him, "Do you have a pure heart"? He saw that I cared about him and he let down his guard and talked openly. He was from a broken home and took all of the bad directions in life. I got to testify about my spiritual experiences which shocked the crap out of him, not of this world, made him think twice about following the radical left. Then I told him, "just follow what Jesus says and you will be amazed how you will be awarded in life", then I asked for a hug, and he left in a positive manner knowing that one white person in this world does care about him.....I have testified to many young blacks hoping to assure them, if they take the narrow road, life will be wonderful, but is it not a party. And when I meet these wonderful young folks, they know to expect a hug, they are just lost souls in a dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Abraham Lincoln's Presidency, up until the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted, had a plan to either colonize an area in Central America or provide transportation to Africa for the express purpose of accommodating freed slaves. In fact there was a whole city in Liberia that had been settled and was home for freed slaves from the states. By the time Lincoln was martyred this plan was not fully supported by Lincoln's administration. The plan would have been imposed on a voluntary basis.Think how different things would have been in this country had Lincoln's plan come to fruition. We'll never know what the overall effect of this would have been but it would have given options to people who ended up having none except to make their way in this country the best they could.
    This is actually completely true. Lincoln and a portion of abolitionists saw this as a solution to preventing race wars or other conflicts after abolition. One of the issues with it was that there wasn't a good enough plan to actually support Liberia while it was being set up. If Lincoln actually lived to see this program happen, it really is a wonder if it would have been more of a success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Nope, they fought for what they believe in.......thats the American way!
    Just like the peaceful arsonists did last summer? I somehow feel like psoriasis wouldn’t agree that these folks were explicitly fighting against America.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????