Default Gulf Coast Race Tracks??

So I know there are plenty of race tracks in the south GA, north FL, southeast AL area, but I’m not very familiar with their actual locations. Anything in the Gulf Coast area like around the panhandle, etc? Headed down there on vacation and thought about looking for a race if there were any tracks around that area that run weekly shows.

Deep south in think gulf shores Alabama. Know its between mobile and Florida line. Not exactly gulf coast but not bad drive is Hattiesburg in Mississippi. Baton Rouge speedway in Baton Rouge Louisiana was pretty cool track.

Southern Raceway in Milton, Fl
    Northwest Florida Speedway in Baker, Fl
    Deep South Speedway in Loxley, Al
    Flomaton Speedway in Flomaton, Al
    Tri County Speedway in Pollard, Al
    Hattiesburg Speedway in Hattiesburg, Ms
    Pike County Speedway in Magnolia, Ms
    Outlaw Motor Speedway in Perkinston, Ms

Check out "hunt the front" YouTube channel and you'll see Southern and deep south. It'd give ya idea if wanted to visit or look around more

Some of those are desert tracks so beware
    2021 race count
    6 events

Deep South has what looks to be a little local “series” coming in there this Saturday night...running 604 late models. About an hour from where we’re staying in Gulf Shores. Worth the trip?

I gotta say it. Five Flags speedway may be a great option (great paved track). https://www.5flagsspeedway.com/
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 05-26-2021 at 06:48 PM.

5 Flags is great.

Flomaton, I’d like to see what this once very primitive facility has become.

I’d say it definitely would be worth the trip since you’re going to be in the area. Hope y’all have a good vacation and see a good race. Be safe and have fun.

Unless something changed that I am not aware of Flomaton is shut down and Southern is terrible. Deep South added new dirt during the off season and they are still learning to prep it but I heard the last couple of races were good. Five Flags is some of the best asphalt racing anywhere if they are racing when you are down but car counts are pretty low these days of course the same is true at the dirt tracks.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame the track in Biloxi/Gulfport closed. Think was called southern miss speedway. Looks like now part of construction or wrecker property.

More of us need to start YouTube channels and make enough to buy some of these tracks like that you tuber did in Florida with Desoto speedway

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
    Unless something changed that I am not aware of Flomaton is shut down and Southern is terrible. Deep South added new dirt during the off season and they are still learning to prep it but I heard the last couple of races were good. Five Flags is some of the best asphalt racing anywhere if they are racing when you are down but car counts are pretty low these days of course the same is true at the dirt tracks.
    Flomaton closed at the end of 2019 I believe. Southern Raceway is always packed with fans but the racing is pretty bad. Never seen a good race there, always one lane. I'm sure there have been some though.