Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Blaney

Default Dave Blaney

I’m sure it’ll get moved to no mans land of the sprint forum. I did not post it there because no one is on there. And plenty of junk gets left here.

Anyhow, how awesome was it for Dave to get an Outlaws win at his home track after over 20 years? And with a last lap pass. And I’m from that area, grew up half an hour away tops down State Route 305. That family is well liked, at least in my eyes up there. My childhood race car driver was Blue Blaney, never could figure out why anyone named their kid Blue. Ha ha. Lou was an amazing dude, who gave me one of his trophies at Raceway 7. Not sure if we still have it at my Mom’s.

So happy for Dave, a guy who shows no emotion, like his Dad, did there. And for the driver Ryan has become.

Check out the replays, on Sharon Twitter and you need no account. Just something very cool and a feel good moment in a World that sometimes doesn’t feel that way. And an excellent crowd. Guy that won the crate wingless race was a no slouch 410 driver too. Rod George(61)Dave(58)
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I saw that one. It was great. I’m a late model fan but watch the outlaws on dirtvision. Honestly their quality of racing especially on the bullrings is at a very high level. I thought the crowd might burn the place down at Sharon. They were seriously excited.

doesn't matter the type of race car. it is moments like this that make old race fans like me keep going to races. never know when something really special might happen.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Default C&B

Yea that was great to see dave win along with his last lap pass.

The Buckeye Bullet. One of favorites along with his father before him, and now his son

From the Dave & Dale show from years ago to present day Ryan, nothing but class from that family. Good to see Dave can still get er done.👍
    8/13/16

Exclamation

I was a big fan of Lou back in the day. A smooth driver. 118 wins at Lernerville alone !

That was one of the best racing stories of the year. Dave was so low key about it when he got out of the car. So cool to see all the congratulations he got. How about Johnny Gibson's call on those final two laps. His excitement calling that race was epic!

But Dave was a WVU traitor 😜😁. No. It was good to see he won an outlaws race

Yes that was awesome. Congratulations to the Buckeye Bullet Dave Blaney

Thumbs up

Been a Dave Blaney fan since back in the old Vivarin Ford WoO sprint car days.

Great to see him up front again.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

I loved the news! I was a Vivarin fan also. I still have a t shirt with a Kenny Woodruff autograph.

back in the mid 90's i was at the kings royal and blaney's heat race started. he was mid pack and coming out of turn 2, someone checked up in front of him. he hit them and his front end went up on about a 30 degree angle. he stayed like that down the entire back stretch and then dropped it at the pit gate. drove under the car in front of him and to the outside of the next car coming out of turn 4. i still have an autographed shirt from then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    But Dave was a WVU traitor . No. It was good to see he won an outlaws race
    Cough cough. That was Dale. Dave is about 5’9”, probably played, but almost 100% racing.

Dale is about 6’5”, played for WVU on scholarship, was drafted by the Lakers, and blew his knee out. On a team with Worthy, Jabbar, and I think Magic. While he wasn’t comfortable coming from small town Ohio, he had made it. After rehab he went back, and I don’t think he got cut, I think he just decided to not play anymore. Can’t remember. Dave talked about it some on Jr’s podcast. And he started racing.

In the mid 2000’s he was at Sharon helping run it quite a bit, till he went back to driving full time. Now he works for the All Stars.

I’ve watched him play ball at the Vienna Air Base. Dude has very good skills. Wears a knee brace, so I’m sure it still bothers him. Now this was 15 years ago or more, just saying.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Me sorry. Yes it was Dale. For some reason I thought this thread was about Dale. I did not know NASCAR Dave was running sprint cars again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    Been a Dave Blaney fan since back in the old Vivarin Ford WoO sprint car days.

Great to see him up front again.
    Agreed. That 10 car was a sharp looking ride. He was probably my favorite sprint driver, along with Jac Haudenshield.

I was at Sharon Saturday. The crowd was going nuts the entire race with Sheldon ripping threw lapped cars and bouncing off the wall and I didn't think it could get louder but it did when Dave took the lead. It was just a regular woo show but it had the vibe of a huge event. Was a standing room only crowd. Cars parked for a good mile down the road headed south and they had to rope off most of the pit area to park cars. Rod George is Gregg satterlees father in law too.

Blaney family are class acts. Would love to see Ryan in a open wheel car, I wonder if he's ever strapped into his dad's sprint car ? I wonder if Ronnie Trevis had anything to do with the building of that car ? When Dave first got into a sprint car he ran a Treviso craft.

Forgot to mention Dale too. Quite an athlete. I may have actually seen him race a little more than Dave. Great family

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Blaney family are class acts. Would love to see Ryan in a open wheel car, I wonder if he's ever strapped into his dad's sprint car ? I wonder if Ronnie Trevis had anything to do with the building of that car ? When Dave first got into a sprint car he ran a Treviso craft.
    He did say it was built by them. Meaning Dave and his crew, whoever that entails I have no idea.