Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fairbury speedway

Well what's everyone thoughts of the racing there? I really think it was really bad...It has never been this bad since Matt curl took over hope he gets track fixed fast...I heard alot of drivers in pay out line mad about how bad track was..Please Matt get track fixed man..

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcarfan80 View Post
    Well what's everyone thoughts of the racing there? I really think it was really bad...It has never been this bad since Matt curl took over hope he gets track fixed fast...I heard alot of drivers in pay out line mad about how bad track was..Please Matt get track fixed man..
    I bet you are a lawyer/state cop, aren't ya? 😉

No just a local racer who spends alot of money to race and dont enjoy a one lane track thank u

Didn't they do a bunch to the track over the offseason? If that's true I didn't understand it. Why mess with a good thing?

Don't forget they put new dirt down earlier this year. It will take time to get it settled in. Just as a fan and have went to many tracks the first year of new dirt is hit in miss on racing.

I will get it fixed for next race
    THE ORIGINAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS

Now thats a blast from the not so distant past of great 4m threads.

It was a bad night for sure, didn't get out until 1 o clock. The memorial race at Fairbury has taken a long time the last few year. Idk why you have a Crate special and a street stock special on the same night. I think if it wasn't so late they would of prep the track that probably would've helped.

Ya I dont understand matt in the infield watching every race and sees that it's one lane on the bottom u sure think they whould of tried to do something to get the top to come in to make it a 2 lane track....The problem is not that they put new clay in it they took banking outta of the top so there is nothing on the top side to lean on to have a 2 lane race track...

Ya I dont understand matt in the infield watching every race and sees that it's one lane on the bottom u sure think they whould of tried to do something to get the top to come in to make it a 2 lane track....The problem is not that they put new clay in it they took banking outta of the top so there is nothing on the top side to lean on to have a 2 lane race track...
    On purpose, or did it just kinda work out that way with shaping the clay?
    "The Wise One"

Pretty sure this is false. They shot GPS measurements with a drone before they put new dirt to ensure they get it right everytime

Saturday night for FALS was a catastrophe. Yes, there were 161 cars in the pits. That is the only good news. For some reason FALS decided to include the Crate late model class on top of a special street stock special. That not only brought in about 90 more cars but cost the fan $8 more dollars at the gate. With that being said, the temperature was cold and I am sure they tried to get the program in as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, that is just not possible with that many cars. Because of this, there was no track prep throughout the night. I have never seen that happen in my life at FALS and have been going there for 52 years. That accounted for the one lane track features that was anything but getting your moneys worth. Some would say highway robbery was committed but I wouldn't go that far. I got a pretty good nap in my truck during the six street stock heat races. Now for the real issue. It is the track. FALS brought in dozens of truck loads of dirt early this fall and although the track is smooth, there is no longer any high side. I don't know why. With all their lazers, GPS and so-called wizardry they screwed it up. Lap times are slow, even on a perfectly prepped track. That says something isn't right. Unfortunately, it is too late to change this year. The banking is jacked. Fix the banking and throw the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) lazers away. Please.

Very well said....what ever lazers they used are junk..u can see where they took the dish out of the middle to where before u could run the top and have a cushion up there to have a bottom grove and a top since they took the dish out of the midde u cant..The clay they got us garbage I've never seen fairbury so dry slick and rubbed up..I was looking at guys tires and they were completely junk and they were new tires for the feature never seen that from fals...Very said to see this from the best track in the midwest...Come on FALS And to say u will get fixed for next race that's not good u had prolly 1500 people in the stands that paid good money and saw a boring race and 161 cars in the pits this was ur night to shine not to have a one lane track and not even try to do something to make the top better I dont care about time because if it was a late Model show u whould of done something to make track better stop favoring the late models and think about all the other classes they got alot of money in there cars too...Just people being careless and lazy....
    Last edited by Dirtcarfan80; 05-31-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Very well said....what ever lazers they used are junk..u can see where they took the dish out of the middle to where before u could run the top and have a cushion up there to have a bottom grove and a top since they took the dish out of the midde u cant..The clay they got us garbage I've never seen fairbury so dry slick and rubbed up..I was looking at guys tires and they were completely junk and they were new tires for the feature never seen that from fals...Very said to see this from the best track in the midwest...Come on FALS And to say u will get fixed for next race that's not good u had prolly 1500 people in the stands that paid good money and saw a boring race and 161 cars in the pits this was ur night to shine not to have a one lane track and not even try to do something to make the top better I dont care about time because if it was a late Model show u whould of done something to make track better stop favoring the late models and think about all the other classes they got alot of money in there cars too...Just people being careless and lazy....
    Oh I’d say one thing FALS ain’t is careless and lazy.

Is the dirt from a different source, who knows? The whole throw the GPS away. Well, everything is graded based on GPS now. You create a model, load it into the dozers and graders, and go with it. It’s matter of changing the shape back to what it was originally, and you grade to that. I’m sure they have the benchmarks of where they were. They probably were trying to improve it, and evidently it is not working.

Mess with the dirt, and the grade, and go from there. FALS will get it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

One should probably take the problem up with Matt Curl instead of complaining on this forum. Who's gonna come to your rescue? Rajiflytrp?
    If it's that bad you could go race somewhere else🙄
    8/13/16

Hang on... They have one (one!) bad night and everyone goes nuts. By that logic, Farmer City should be completely scrapped about twice a month... Everyone step away from the ledge...

No one should have to go to matt...He standing in the infield watching every race if he cant see that his race track is bad then there is a problem...That's every promoter saying if u dont like the race track go race somewhere else then they whine and cry when they have no cars or fans by saying that not real smart on the business side...And it's not been one night it's been one lane all year....

And it's not been one night it's been one lane all year....
    I've only been there once this year so far, for the MARS race. Wasn't the best race I have ever seen, but if was far from one lane. Especially after the way Farmer City was the night before... Why are you not complaining about that race?

Cause I dont go to farmer city cause I know how bad that place is

Cause I dont go to farmer city cause I know how bad that place is
    Good luck finding a track to suit your needs...