Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cirf

Default Cirf

It's race day!! The greatest Spectacle in Sports!

You both enjoy the race, and the day. Heading out to a grill-out, then to the races.

Thanks and you do the same

Hate that the day didn't start with Monaco.... I miss the trifecta!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It's race day!! The greatest Spectacle in Sports!
    Thought that was in September at Eldora?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

For some it might be for some of us it's not. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Only if you're a tunnel vision dirt late model sectarian with a little jealousy thrown in. They allowed only 40% spectator capacity and they still put 135,000 in seats. That's with no one in the infield. Some ill informed creatures may consider some joint in nowhereville, Ohio that max's out at something just over 20,000 is the embodiment of the golden calf of all of racing. However, there is a big auto racing world out there and at the top of the list is an event that is far and away the largest single day sporting event in the world and it ain't held at Eldora Speedway.

For some it might be for some of us it's not. Sorry
    Just got back, Kid. On our way to Indy with the camper we stopped Wednesday night at Terre Haute for the Hulman Classic USAC National Sprint Car race. Was disappointed that the Sumar Classic USAC Silver Crown 100 lapper at Terre Haute was rained out by mid afternoon on Thursday so we left TH and went on to Indy, got parked and set up Thursday night. Went to Carb Day at The Speedway on Friday and drove up to Anderson, IN from Indy on Saturday night for the Little 500.

The Little 500 wasn't as exciting as it usually is but it had it's moments, nonetheless.

The 500 was a very, very good race and it was great to see a nice guy like Castroneves win his 4th 500. As usual we were pulling for the dirt guys, Eddie Carpenter and Conner Daly to win but they both had bad luck so we'll wait 'till next year!!

I watched or streamed all that Cirf......even watched the bubble day at little Indy, and my wife was sitting beside me when bacon went up and out at the action track.....hadn't heard her say holy sht in a while, lol.
    I haven't seen much of that style of open wheel racing but I do like it better than the winged stuff.

Your annual trek is cool, thanks for sharing the visuals in your posts.....it's nice for those of us that still have it on the list but haven't made it yet.....my Memorial Day Indy tradition is still strong though, can't recall missing to many even as a youngster in front of the rabbit eared tv with the tin foil for better reception.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Just got back, Kid. On our way to Indy with the camper we stopped Wednesday night at Terre Haute for the Hulman Classic USAC National Sprint Car race. Was disappointed that the Sumar Classic USAC Silver Crown 100 lapper at Terre Haute was rained out by mid afternoon on Thursday so we left TH and went on to Indy, got parked and set up Thursday night. Went to Carb Day at The Speedway on Friday and drove up to Anderson, IN from Indy on Saturday night for the Little 500.

The Little 500 wasn't as exciting as it usually is but it had it's moments, nonetheless.

The 500 was a very, very good race and it was great to see a nice guy like Castroneves win his 4th 500. As usual we were pulling for the dirt guys, Eddie Carpenter and Conner Daly to win but they both had bad luck so we'll wait 'till next year!!
    Yeah I figured you was there and figured I wouldn't hear from you until tomorrow to be honest.

Yes it was good to see Helio get his 4th win. He is a fan favorite that's for sure. Dailey had a good run going and I believe led the most laps for the day until the misfortune with Rahal who I really thought they was in the greatest position to get P-1 but, when tire came off and Dailey hit it that pretty much ended his chances.

It was a good fun race to watch. I thought it was entertaining that I will try and find a replay somewhere and watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I watched or streamed all that Cirf......even watched the bubble day at little Indy, and my wife was sitting beside me when bacon went up and out at the action track.....hadn't heard her say holy sht in a while, lol.
    I haven't seen much of that style of open wheel racing but I do like it better than the winged stuff.

Your annual trek is cool, thanks for sharing the visuals in your posts.....it's nice for those of us that still have it on the list but haven't made it yet.....my Memorial Day Indy tradition is still strong though, can't recall missing to many even as a youngster in front of the rabbit eared tv with the tin foil for better reception.
    BBQ, I don't remember ever seeing a car as high in the air as Bacon was Wednesday night. The wingless 410 sprint cars on Terre Haute's big ol' 1/2 mile can produce some epic racing but it's a little scary in a Belleville High Banks kind of way!

I too like watching the wingless cars much more than the wingers but that's just me and I'm in no way putting down the winged cars. I've been told by a couple of guys who have won both WoO's/All Star's Sprint Car races as well as USAC Sprint Car races that it takes equal talent, skill and stones to win in both but those aforementioned attributes are applied in much different ways.

In regards to this years' Indy 500, anyone who didn't enjoy that race is either not a true race fan or have some kind of bias going on because THAT was a dam good show on Sunday, especially from 1/2 way on!

Since there were only 135,000 allowed in the grandstands it was the most comfortable we've ever been setting in our seats. There were at least 2 empty seats between each group. We had some folks from chitcago behind us that usually have a dozen seats but could only get 8 due to crowd downsizing. They were disappointed the 4 of their regulars couldn't attend but were happy with not being shoulder to shoulder.

Yeah I figured you was there and figured I wouldn't hear from you until tomorrow to be honest.

Yes it was good to see Helio get his 4th win. He is a fan favorite that's for sure. Dailey had a good run going and I believe led the most laps for the day until the misfortune with Rahal who I really thought they was in the greatest position to get P-1 but, when tire came off and Dailey hit it that pretty much ended his chances.

It was a good fun race to watch. I thought it was entertaining that I will try and find a replay somewhere and watch it again.
    I felt bad for Rahal even though he's not one of my favorite's in Indy Car. I felt REALLY bad for Conor Daly since he was the unwitting recipient of horrible luck precipitated by someone else's pit crew.

Time is beginning to run short for our guy Eddie Carpenter to win it. Carpenter is a very nice person to talk to. We have spoken to him several time after the Silver Crown races at both Springfield & Du Quoin and he's very gracious. Guys like me love the guy 'cause he actually strapped his ass into a Crown car at the dirt mile's and threw it sideways getting into #1 & #3 at over 150 MPH. Gotta' love those guys!

Kid, if you find a replay somewhere let me know. I forgot to set the DVR before we left.

Watched some in the middle of it from the tube at our motel room in Yreka, CA. Lost most interest as our local boy, Alexander Rossi, was already down a lap. Was bummed for both Daly and Rahal with that scary wheel deal of Rahal's.
    Had to head to the local track for the 2nd day of our 2 day Pro Stock tour's trip so I missed the end but was happy to see later that Helio get his 4th 500.

CIRF, I will be watching to see if it will be on youtube after today

Hello. Drama queen. 3 time winner. PT won one of those 4. That’s my 2 cents. Yep. I’m mean to the bone.

No matter whether it's #3 or #4 Helio won a fantastic race. The record will forever show 4 wins for him whether it's legit or not is all in the eye of the beholder. The pass for the win was made directly in front of where we were setting at the end of the front straightaway and the crowd noise was louder than the cars on the track despite the fact that there was only 135,000 souls in the stands. Special moments at a special place. What precious memories are made of!

BBQ, I don't remember ever seeing a car as high in the air as Bacon was Wednesday night. The wingless 410 sprint cars on Terre Haute's big ol' 1/2 mile can produce some epic racing but it's a little scary in a Belleville High Banks kind of way!

I was at Knoxville for this one. I think it was a little higher than Bacon's wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKGxbamz9k

No matter whether it's #3 or #4 Helio won a fantastic race. The record will forever show 4 wins for him whether it's legit or not is all in the eye of the beholder. The pass for the win was made directly in front of where we were setting at the end of the front straightaway and the crowd noise was louder than the cars on the track despite the fact that there was only 135,000 souls in the stands. Special moments at a special place. What precious memories are made of!
    Lapper cars helped Helio in my opinion. Palou let him by knowing a last lap draft was probably the best shot at winning. Off to Detroit where drama queen will fall quickly off the leader board.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Lapper cars helped Helio in my opinion. Palou let him by knowing a last lap draft was probably the best shot at winning. Off to Detroit where drama queen will fall quickly off the leader board.
    Castroneves drove a great race. His pass for the lead was at the right time with 2 to go and yes the lap cars did seal the deal for him but, his move with 2 to go was the move of the day.

This years 500 was an ass kicker in my book, really enjoyed it, bummer for Rahal, there is nothing like the 500, still in my view the biggest race in the world and the crowd sure showed some emotion for helio, great race.

Late Model Mark

I thought wheels were teathered to the cars after the Charlotte mess years ago? They were lucky that wheel didn’t go into crowd.