Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora LOST its Luster

Has Eldora lost its Luster or Magic? I mean 27 late models, 27 mods, 19 stocks for $24? Thats not good. Thats why I did not go. Used to get over 100 cars in 3 classes.

Did you think about cost for teams. Not as many late models around as there where years ago either.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

There's not enough meat on the bone for anymore than what cars than what showed up. The days of seeing 50 late models for 5k are very rare anywhere. Paying 1000 to win in mods is also a joke.

They had a very solid field for 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Has Eldora lost its Luster or Magic? I mean 27 late models, 27 mods, 19 stocks for $24? Thats not good. Thats why I did not go. Used to get over 100 cars in 3 classes.
    You don't suppose they need to generate revenue don't you. They are in business to make money.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    That’s not bad at all. Nowhere is getting 50-70 cars for $2-$5k.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Car counts are low everywhere. And there’s many more races paying the same or more to choose from these days. No real point for anyone with a long drive to go unless they just want some practice before Dream week. I would pay $24 anytime to watch the field of drivers that did show up tonight. Just my .02 cents.

I think they did ok?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Kryptonite17,

Opinion and opinion only ----- The races really weren’t that good, other than Moran’s move from the back. My other comments are in the other Eldora thread.

Unfortunately Rice and Strickler breaking tonight probably also led to your disappointment. Even on a top dominant track they would’ve put on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    There's not enough meat on the bone for anymore than what cars than what showed up. The days of seeing 50 late models for 5k are very rare anywhere. Paying 1000 to win in mods is also a joke.

They had a very solid field for 5k.
    If late models are only $5000. to win, mods should not be anymore than $1000. to win. The higher purses in mods is one of the reasons a lot of drivers do not move up into the late models from the mods.

The sad fact is there just arent that many dirt late models in existence anymore compared to the glory years of car counts you always mention latemodelman. That ship sailed a long time ago. Here is what I see on Dirtondirt from last night's late model races across the country. I thought it was fine. Not sure what more really expected?

Merritt had 28 cars for 10,000 to win.
    Cherrokee had 22 cars for 7,500 to win
    Eldora had 27 cars for 5,000 to win
    SPoon River had 27 cars for 5,000 to win
    Tyler County had 18 cars for 5,000 to win
    Wythe had 27 cars for 5,000 to win
    Rome had 23 cars for 4,000 to win
    Tazwell had 20 for 3,000 to win

It basically amounted to an Eldora weekly show. The car counts were better than most weekly shows everywhere else.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

[QUOTE=dirtracer12m;2395691]The sad fact is there just arent that many dirt late models in existence anymore compared to the glory years of car counts you always mention latemodelman. That ship sailed a long time ago. Here is what I see on Dirtondirt from last night's late model races across the country. I thought it was fine. Not sure what more really expected? Merritt had 28 cars for 10,000 to win.Cherrokee had 22 cars for 7,500 to winEldora had 27 cars for 5,000 to winSPoon River had 27 cars for 5,000 to winTyler County had 18 cars for 5,000 to winWythe had 27 cars for 5,000 to winRome had 23 cars for 4,000 to winTazwell had 20 for 3,000 to winGreat post also duck river 4000 to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    If late models are only $5000. to win, mods should not be anymore than $1000. to win. The higher purses in mods is one of the reasons a lot of drivers do not move up into the late models from the mods.
    I disagree... Costs are huge to run up front in a modified right now and they are running for significantly smaller purses than late models.

Shut for a year. I’m sure that didn’t help Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I disagree... Costs are huge to run up front in a modified right now and they are running for significantly smaller purses than late models.
    We can't help it guys turned a claimer engine class into a LM with junk tires.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We can't help it guys turned a claimer engine class into a LM with junk tires.
    Racers will go broke to win if they are allowed to. Always have and probably always will...

Racers will go broke to win if they are allowed to. Always have and probably always will...
    A lot have bigger wallet than capacity to learn.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Always been that way, in racing and lots of other so called “hobbies”.
    I hate time trials.

LM have a lot of options where to race now. Costs of traveling are part of it. Also this Sunday night race was two weeks before the dream weekend in stead of one. Many teams would travel in for this race and stay the week for the dream.

Simply put, there are a lot of LM's out there, but there is also a lot more options for races. To a certain degree its cost of travel vs racing closer to home. LM racing is in fine shape. I could care less if a race gets 70/80 cars vs 40/50 as long as they have top guys coming to the show