Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Donny Schatz making NASCAR Truck Series debut at Knoxville Raceway July 9.

🚨 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍' 🚨

10-time World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car champion Donny Schatz is making his NASCAR Trucks debut!

He’ll trade his Tony Stewart Racing #15 for the David Gilliland Racing - DGR #17 on July 9 at Knoxville Raceway.

More laps ahead of the Knoxville Nationals. 👀
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Awesome. Good for Donnie. He is an all time great 👍

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Awesome. Good for Donnie. He is an all time great 
    In only ONE form of race car, and only dirt. With Donny finishing 8th at Lawrenceburg, and Larson winning.

As of February he has 299 OUTLAW wins. 3rd all time. He has the math to back it up 👍

Those are weak wins, against weak competition. Donny will never be Indiana’s own Steve “the KING” Kinser ----- 20 Time WoO Sprint Champion.

Smile

690 WoO wins too!

I love Donnie Schatz but the overwhelming majority of his wins have come in winger cars. I don't give a dam what kind of math you want to apply he hasn't won much at all in any other type racecar. THAT is undeniable.

He tried his hand at The Chili Bowl a few years ago and wasn't all that impressive in a midget. I was there and he wasn't in a class with Larson, Bell or Rico.

Again, very impressive in a winger but other than that, not so much. Larson on the other hand.........

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    He tried his hand at The Chili Bowl a few years ago and wasn't all that impressive in a midget. I was there and he wasn't in a class with Larson, Bell or Rico.
    And if memory serves me correctly, it was a Dan Daum entry, sister car to Son, Zach. Good equipment.

I’m not a Donnie fan but his record is undeniable. A lot of his wins did come against top talent. Winged cars are the top level of dirt track sprint car racing. That’s how it is and how it will always be.

Not positive but I believe you're correct, lurker. I'm working on memory but I believe Schatzy missed The Chili Bowl A-main by a couple positions in the B.

Schatzy is undeniably a standout in the wingers just as bloomy is/was a standout in the dirt late models but when a driver wins races in virtually everything he drives against the best competition in the country that supersedes a one division stand out. I'm really not sure what is so difficult to understand other than a basic biased dislike you carry. Is it because Larson is 1/2 Japanese? Is it because he beats the best wingers and DLM guys while only running a handful of races? Gotta' be something like that because your rational is clearly skewed.

Chili bowl is just a filler event in the middle of winter when there is nothing else to do

Chili bowl is just a filler event in the middle of winter when there is nothing else to do
    More irrational bias.

The Chili Bowl is the biggest and best dirt race of the year, and you know it, and that's why you hate it, and that's why you're pissed!! LOLOL!

You still haven't answered the questions as to why all that irrational hatred for Larson. Do you have a deep seated dislike for Japanese people?

I have a Larson shirt and like him. He is exciting but the math doesn’t add up to him being the best ever race at driver at this point in time. For me the Chili bowl has always been a winter time filler event. Nice to have some racing in January.

Math does not enter into the equation unless it applies to the number of totally different types of racecars Larson has driven and won while driving.

Just admit it, Larson is the best all around dirt driver on the planet today. If you admit it you'll set yourself free! Try it, it will help, I assure you! LOL!!

You are convincing no one because your math BS not only doesn't fit the narrative but it doesn't apply in this case, at all! Here's some math for you, I count, off the top of my head Larson has won driving at least 10 different types of race cars/trucks on both dirt and asphalt. Now there's some math for you!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-04-2021 at 08:28 AM.

You nuts 😜

You nuts 
    Prove me wrong rajflyopenboy!!

Here's a list of the different cars Larson has driven and won. This list is off the top of my head, there may well be a couple more but I think you get my point or you're a hopeless dunderhead!

Again, prove any of this not to be the absolute truth!

I'll be waiting! LOLOL!

#1. Outlaw Carts
    #2. USAC/POWRi Midgets
    #3. USAC wingless 410 sprint cars
    #4. USAC Silver Crown cars
    #5. WoO's/All Stars winged 410 sprint cars.
    #6. NASCAR trucks (on dirt AND pavement)
    #7. NASCAR Infinity series
    #8. NASCAR Cup Series
    #9. Super Dirt Late Models
    #10. Daytona Prototype sportscars.
    #12. Asphalt late models

Hey CIRF please quit buying into FlyBoy's attempt to aggravate you and the rest of us that realize Larson is the best currently in any kind of dirt discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Hey CIRF please quit buying into FlyBoy's attempt to aggravate you and the rest of us that realize Larson is the best currently in any kind of dirt discipline.
    Sound advise and I thank you for it, JimBo. I should be embarrassed that I haven't wised up and stopped responding before now but a little part of me enjoys making rajflyopenboy look stupid but even that becomes insufferably tedious at some point!

CIRF, would not the IMCA week long Nationals at Boone considered to be the biggest dirt race of the year, car count wise, competition wise and the hardest dirt race to be in the A Main, just a question.

LMM

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    CIRF, would not the IMCA week long Nationals at Boone considered to be the biggest dirt race of the year, car count wise, competition wise and the hardest dirt race to be in the A Main, just a question.

LMM
    Shear numbers you're probably correct. Attention, notoriety, prestige and diverse participation? Probably not. The Chili Bowl commands the highest viewership of all live events carried on the network that broadcasts it. On non-covid years the stands are sold out to the tune of 15,000 spectators on all but Monday night. 15,000 doesn't count those who don't have seats and buy pit passes to watch the action on the jumbotron in the pit area.

Not downplaying the Boone event. It has to be one of, if not the, toughest accomplishments in dirt racing but it just doesn't seem to command the attention and isn't a career making portfolio win as is The Chili Bowl.