Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    To me the bigger surprise was 20 cars at Brushcreek. Nearly paid the same to start as WVMS, much easier on motor, much smoother racing surface.
    There would be no turn around time for guys that wanted to run Brushcreek and Eldora. Casebolt will be the only one that goes out of the guys that were there, and that's because he's not far from Eldora.

I'd say a few guys like Moran and Dohm would've came if they didn't have to be at Eldora later tonight. I know Dohm was there, but not in his own car.

I've never personally understood the obsession with huge car counts from a fan's point of view. Sure, it's great for the track's wallet and can be viewed as a stat that shows how healthy or unhealthy the current state of the sport is. Most tracks and races are only going to start a certain number (24 in the vast majority of races). So what if there's 30 or 75 cars. With the amount of traction these cars can lay down these days, the tracks usually go to sh!t faster with the bigger car counts. At most races, only 4-5 of the cars that show up really have a legit shot of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I've never personally understood the obsession with huge car counts from a fan's point of view. Sure, it's great for the track's wallet and can be viewed as a stat that shows how healthy or unhealthy the current state of the sport is. Most tracks and races are only going to start a certain number (24 in the vast majority of races). So what if there's 30 or 75 cars. With the amount of traction these cars can lay down these days, the tracks usually go to sh!t faster with the bigger car counts. At most races, only 4-5 of the cars that show up really have a legit shot of winning.
    I feel the same way..right at a full feature field is perfect for most tracks and events. The only time its not good is when theres a lot of squirrels that are in the mix. Tracks are made or broke by the fan income, anyway. As long as you have something that will draw them in..you don't need quanity other than for bragging.

You don't have to worry about low car counts next year as the race will be Lucas sanctioned for $50k to win on the second night. So much for cutting back on the schedule and them not wanting to add more tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    You don't have to worry about low car counts next year as the race will be Lucas sanctioned for $50k to win on the second night. So much for cutting back on the schedule and them not wanting to add more tracks.
    You're an idiot if you think they don't want more big paying shows.

$15,000 to win Friday night and $50,000 to win Saturday next season with a $5,000 bonus up for grabs.

Should get 30 cars with Lucas series and longer turnaround to the Dream

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    They may get 30
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They may get 30
    Friendly wager that they get 30 cars?

Am I the only one here that's not a Nascar fan? Am I the only one that finds a race on a monstrous track like WVMS indistinguishable from a NASCAR race?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You mentioned Bedford and Cumberland. Neither of those tracks ever get much in the way of cars either. Neither did Selinsgrove, which is the biggest of the lot. They dropped supers as a weekly division. Port Royal is an anomaly. It does help that it pays 3k to win weekly.
    It also helps that Port Royal normally races 410 sprints on the same nights. Most of the time the sprints help to make a smooth and slick track so LM’s only need to rely on those big motors to qualify. When the track is smooth and slick the drivers don’t need to spend the night with there foot never leaving the floorboard bouncing off the rev limiters. I would be willing to bet that the reason people like Mcreadie(who races for a living) don’t show up to a good paying job is more about the expected track prep then it is about the size of track...Now that Lucas is sanctioning it next year I guess we will see a few guys who weren’t there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Friendly wager that they get 30 cars?
    Sure. 30 or less, I win. Lucas brings 12. You'll get some woo guys. Shuman, Conley, Conley, etc will be gone.

I'll set the wager at $100.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Sure. 30 or less, I win. Lucas brings 12. You'll get some woo guys. Shuman, Conley, Conley, etc will be gone.

I'll set the wager at $100.
    The WoO raced that weekend this year, it’s very possible they do it again next year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    You're an idiot if you think they don't want more big paying shows.
    My comment has nothing to do with big money shows. I'm all for it. But they did say 2 years ago they were cutting back their schedule. They dropped some popular tracks off the schedule. Now, they're adding more races. Or are other tracks going to get the axe to provide a place for this one?

Schwallie was on with Rigsby lately and said they turn tracks away every year. But when someone wants to have a race with crown jewel pay I suppose they will make an exception.

This race was lacking more than about 7 competitive cars. I think it was a $25,000 disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    This race was lacking more than about 7 competitive cars. I think it was a $25,000 disaster.
    Tell that to the packed house that was there. I don't get the majority of you race fans. It's obvious that dirt racing fans are some of the most ignorant of all fans. (see facebook comments on racing related posts for confirmation).

You get a promotor to resurrect a track from the dead in a time where racing is dying. (car counts, tracks going away, etc.) and you want to sit on internet forums and complain because there weren't a ton of cars there. Your comment about 7 good cars in general wasn't incorrect but to call it a disaster?? Anyone who knows anything about this sport knew their backs were against the wall with Eldora running just a few nights later. The guys at WVMS have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the place in a matter of 6-8 months, they're still working out the track surface kinks among other things. I knew from the get go that getting cars was going to be a tough deal, especially holding an unsanctioned event. Give them time, Cody and crew have made several upgrades to Tyler County Speedway, I have no doubt they'll get WVMS on the right track as far as getting guys to come. I saw a lot of family's having a ball, they didn't care who showed up to race. We're just glad we have another track to go to watch, and if a good race happens, then all the better.

Car counts have been hit or miss this year. Im nervous about the SNs this year. They made a heck of a rebound the last few years. Wasn't too long ago the series seemed like it was on life support. Another part of this over the years is the drivers and teams. Ive questioned their logic when it comes to traveling and scheduling! “ Like really you didnt show up to this higher paying race to drive even further for a 5,000”

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Tell that to the packed house that was there. I don't get the majority of you race fans. It's obvious that dirt racing fans are some of the most ignorant of all fans. (see facebook comments on racing related posts for confirmation). You get a promotor to resurrect a track from the dead in a time where racing is dying. (car counts, tracks going away, etc.) and you want to sit on internet forums and complain because there weren't a ton of cars there. Your comment about 7 good cars in general wasn't incorrect but to call it a disaster?? Anyone who knows anything about this sport knew their backs were against the wall with Eldora running just a few nights later. The guys at WVMS have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the place in a matter of 6-8 months, they're still working out the track surface kinks among other things. I knew from the get go that getting cars was going to be a tough deal, especially holding an unsanctioned event. Give them time, Cody and crew have made several upgrades to Tyler County Speedway, I have no doubt they'll get WVMS on the right track as far as getting guys to come. I saw a lot of family's having a ball, they didn't care who showed up to race. We're just glad we have another track to go to watch, and if a good race happens, then all the better.
    How big a ladder do you use to get on the horse?

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Schwallie was on with Rigsby lately and said they turn tracks away every year. But when someone wants to have a race with crown jewel pay I suppose they will make an exception.
    I caught that too. Dont get me started on “ can a race be truly a crown jewel if it needs a touring series”