Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Lame excuse! How many cars at the Dream will walk away with 25k in one night?

I miss the days when racers were men!
    Lame? Go pay what the cost of a car today is and see what you come up with. I can easily see why some would skip that race and save their stuff for way more money the following week.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

So why didn't guys like Tmac, O'Neal, Owens, Bronson, Madden, Overton etc go? Surely they have the funding to run WVMS and a double dream week.

Isn't there like a tire shortage also?
    2021 race count
    6 events

WVMS is just too big, and too hard on engines. Corner entry also seems a bit narrow due to the speeds. The local car draw is terrible. Shortening the track would put it into competition with Tyler, I-77, Ohio Valley, Hilltop (Marietta), and to a lesser extent Skyline/Elkins. That said, a wide 1/4-3/8 that only ran specials would at least draw local cars, and stand a higher probability of drawing more regional/national cars.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Tire shortage, engine part shortage. It's only gonna get worse in the next couple months

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    So why didn't guys like Tmac, O'Neal, Owens, Bronson, Madden, Overton etc go? Surely they have the funding to run WVMS and a double dream week.

Isn't there like a tire shortage also?
    They dnt go to save on there equipment

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    They dnt go to save on there equipment
    Exactly. Even Ritchie knows.
    2021 race count
    6 events

It is 2021, not 2001, 1991, or 1981, times have changed, the cars as we all know cost bu-coo bucks to run. There were shows all over the frigin' place last week. Did the author of this post see the amount of heads in the seats(hillside) ? Nope focus on the negative and mention the car counts. We should be thank full that there are still a semi-decent amount of cars with the cost involved. Would 10 more cars placated the author of this post?

Please be thank full of what we have post covid people.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

It says that nobody else wants to show up to run an unsanctioned race because the cars never get anymore than a weight check and a magnet to the block to determine the minimum weight. Tires never get checked for dope, so the only ones that show up are the ones that can get away with murder because of their name or they’re paid 3rd place money to show up. Nobody wants to race against anyone who they know they can’t beat, it’s too expensive to take a stab against the pros. This isn’t your dads 90’s DLM racing where everybody could put a car together for what it takes to build a limited car to race for the same money back then as we do now. The sport is broken and the only people doing it are rich rednecks who need a tax write off because their businesses gross over $30,000,000 a year in sales or their way of life depends on the on track product they produce.

Have a race paying 30k to win and only allow anyone who isn’t committed to running a national touring series show up if you want quantity. Or only allow the pros to run cars provided by locals that likely aren’t xr1’s, or Longhorns.

The Dream this year is four straight days with two 100 lappers. You don’t want to kill your big track motor or your backup big track motor before the highest paying race week of the season.

Also, WVMS is a motor killer of a track in a sea of 1/4 miles. They tried to shorten it last time it was open because car counts fell off a rock. Reopening it as the big track was always going to end up like this. Carving out a solid 1/4-3/8 instead of the “old” configuration would have somewhat better car counts, because then they might actually attract some of the area locals who then wouldn’t feel so outgunned.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Personally I'm not buying it's to big. Anymore. Cumberland (rock), Bedford, and Port Royal are very similar in size. Port royal had 30 late models Saturday. All the locals from WV saving for Eldora. Like they have a shot of winning. Beside that all that racing at Eldora. How is that gonna affect them long term? Kudos to WVMS for trying.

I expected maybe 30-32 cars, so it wasn't too far off, but I really don't think Eldora had anything to do with it. Eldoras car count will be drastically down this weekend too, just wait.
    I think if WVMS had Lucas sanction the race weekend, there would have been 30+ cars. Unsanctioned shows bring pitfalls that not all drivers want to deal with. Unsecured purse, inconsistent tech, varying rules (just to name a few).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    Personally I'm not buying it's to big. Anymore. Cumberland (rock), Bedford, and Port Royal are very similar in size. Port royal had 30 late models Saturday. All the locals from WV saving for Eldora. Like they have a shot of winning. Beside that all that racing at Eldora. How is that gonna affect them long term? Kudos to WVMS for trying.
    Pennsylvania and WV are 2 completely different sets of racers with very different expectations.

WV has lots of LMs. A tremendous number for the small population. Maybe 10 are legit supers. There are plenty of small slick tracks where a poor boy can survive. The guys in PA have big tracks and they know that going in. You put a big engine in it or you run a crate.

One of the better known super drivers from WV is 0/2 being there this year. One of the better known steel block racers in the country skipped his series race there. The first time he ever missed a series race.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 06-07-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    You mentioned Bedford and Cumberland. Neither of those tracks ever get much in the way of cars either. Neither did Selinsgrove, which is the biggest of the lot. They dropped supers as a weekly division.

Port Royal is an anomaly. It does help that it pays 3k to win weekly.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

To me, WVMS is motor racing instead of car racing. Also, it's not just motors that can get hurt. Blowing a tire at over 100mph into the corner is gonna break some stuff. Hitting walls at those speeds can put a serious hurt on things...way more than your typical short track.

After watching all the WVMS races this year on Flo, there’s no way I’d take my car there as a team owner. The high speeds coupled with the terribly rough racing surface are enough to stop many teams from ever going. Especially right before one of the highest paying weeks in DLM history discounting the Eldora Million etc. If that’s the same car JD is using at Eldora this week you can bet they’re going over every inch of it before Wednesday. To me the bigger surprise was 20 cars at Brushcreek. Nearly paid the same to start as WVMS, much easier on motor, much smoother racing surface.

It was the same car they ran at the Show Me the week before.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Late models have succeeded in what they wanted to do by putting the little man out so he will not destroy his car while racing, so know it's all about big money.

Buster you nailed it! Until the Lucas and WOO reign in these guys willing to spend a million to make a dime, the sport is going to struggle, something has to be done with the AERO packages, once a car gets out front, they check
    out!

Default Kryptonite

That is not his Dream car. They left it at the shop or in the trailer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Ha ha

Boy, when ole dirty boy starts paying these guys bills, he can dictate whose men or not.

Many reasons to not go to WVMS:

1.)Hard on motors
    2.)Hard on everything else car wise
    3.)Track has been rough
    4.)Shortage on spare parts
    5.)Eldora is coming up with a chance to make darn good money. So risk destroying stuff at WVMS or stay home and be ready for Eldora? Be ready for Eldora.

Look how many flats etc there was. Place is just hard on stuff.

Only positive I seen was the amazing crowd.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.