Thread: 2006 Lazer

Default 2006 Lazer

Hey everyone,

Been racing for 15 years. About the only car I've never been in is a Late Model. Local late model racing is the IMCA stuff. Thinking id like to get into it and see if I like it. Im fully aware of what it takes to be competitive. I currently run a 2020 Victory IMCA stock car.

Local person has a 2006 Lazer. I know its old, but I dont want to spend a lot before I know if I like it or not. My thought is, get a top quality set of shocks and springs, run a 604 on alky with a good drive train and good bolt ons. But get this cheap car at first just to see what its like. Then if I do like it, get a better chassis.

My question is, whats everyone's thoughts on a 2006 Lazer? Worth $2k for a basic roller? I'm sure it doesn't have a raised rail, can that be done? Can it be mildly competitive? What else could/should I do to this car to help it be competitive?

Thanks!

I've got a 2017 Lazer and am very impressed with the quality of it overall. I'm sure Bernheisel paid just as much attention to detail on the older ones, too. They've always been helpful when I call out there as well (and I bought it used, not from them directly). I don't think they've changed too drastically over the years, either. But I can't say I've seen one that old up close.

I had an 09 Laser very well made cars. The problem you will have with that old of a car is the right side frame rail is not raised in will dig into the track.

Not knowing what you decided on, I believe I saw the add for that one...she's had a rough life.