Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essex & DJ

Default Essex & DJ

Alright! Place your bets! How many orgasms during the call tonight? The mark was set last night at 77. You taking the over or the under? And who will have more? How many will they have at the same time? Think hard and bet carefully now. It’s a 100 lapper tonight. ……..OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

LMAO! We were talking about the same thing while watching the racing last night. I understand trying to sell a little excitement, but come on now.

I thought the broadcast was excellent. I could listen to the two of them call a race all day.

All day? Cus you could do that with Lucas oil tv. Do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    All day? Cus you could do that with Lucas oil tv. Do you do that?
    Don't be the village idiot. There's enough of them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I thought the broadcast was excellent. I could listen to the two of them call a race all day.
    I agree........I guess some prefer the old silent movies.......roll eyes!

I like both of em. But they climax every lap. DJ is young, but Essex might vaporlock before the checkers Saturday night.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I like both of em. But they climax every lap.
    Love em or hate em, you can't argue this point.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I like both of em. But they climax every lap. DJ is young, but Essex might vaporlock before the checkers Saturday night.
    Count me as a fan of announcers of any sport allowing the action, players, drivers sell the game/race. Too many think fans tune in for them and their call more than the race/game and they ruin the thing. Canned enthusiasm isn't entertaining. Every lap, every pass, every home run is the greatest ever is condescending and gets old quick. ..... And Essex fighting back tears as his voice cracks cuz they went 3 wide on the 2nd lap of the 3rd heat in Farley, IA I reach for the mute button.

And it's tv, the viewer can see the 2nd place guy is not gonna throw a slider as Essex wonders aloud cuz he's 6 car lengths back.. And when a guy goes into the corner hot he almost slid all the way to Schenectady, Slippery Rock or whatever city is in the state is like a comedian telling the same joke for 29 yrs straight..... Same with Heartbreak Hotel every time something bad happens to a driver is beyond old.

For this fan as I listened last night I came away thinking of the national guys Rick doing the WoO is best by a long shot. Sure there's no bigger fan of Rick than Rick but there is a lot of nonsense a fan does not have to deal with and the guy knows what he's looking at. ...........Throw Shelton into the solid guys. Knows his stuff and no canned enthusiasm.

And no Rueben, Bloomy didn't show up late thereby not allowed to qualify and have to start at the back of his heat to "play mind games" with the 70 other drivers. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 06-10-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Sprint car fans have it so good with Johnny Gibson... Johnny let's the racing create the excitement.

Last year Essex had a cough for while and would kinda cough laugh after sayihng things. DJ immediatly started copying him.

I'll take them 2 over any duo in the sport, yes they get excited but they do an outstanding job.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    i'll take them 2 over any duo in the sport, yes they get excited but they do an outstanding job.
    please stay green........................

I thought the announcing and the pit guys did a great job.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I thought Danica did good announcing the SRX series

Reuben seemed to be somewhat calmer. Is it finally sinking in ? As for the bloomer comment, who cares, we thought team zero had issues before ? They are a mess, all the time away from the track and they show up with a performance like that ? There was not one good reason for there even showing up. Was it Arizona shirts that bought the rights ? They better dump them fast.

Announcing for the Dream was excellent. Essex is the best dirt announcer.

Essex got game. He does a great job. “Buhrrrrrrandon Shuhhhhhep-a-red”

I think James and Dustin are the best duo in dirt late model racing. No one else is close.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons