Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearson opinion

Default Pearson opinion

I am a die hard Pearson fan and will be as long as he is racing no matter if he is running good or bad. I would like to hear other opinions on him though. I know he has been doing some what better lately but he has not been a consistent top five and occasional winner very much in the last couple years. Is the equipment behind in technology the reason or is it the driver? I really believe he can still drive but that could be a bias opinion.

I mean if you go to their website you can see how many races the cars have won. Locally and regional. Crate or Open motor. But the car on the national tour? 👎
    2021 race count
    6 events

Its he!! getting old, and slow. I met Earl once, nice guy, hope to see him win more but time is not on his side.

I do think Stuckey is off, those Cars hasnt looked good in a couple years now.

Car or Driver? Probably a dash of both.

Just say no...

What I always think of with Earl is the apparent strength of his relationship with Lucas and vice versa. In this time of “what have you done for me today” it’s nice to see.
    I hate time trials.

I think his cars are good crate cars. You put the HP to them and they seem to struggle. Stuckley has been there on many occasions and the outcome doesn't change. Maybe some have found the speed but they don't seem like they have a good network of sharing information.

The cars are clearly off. Their are very few competing consistently on the higher regional levels and non on the national scene. Earl is definitely closer to the end than the beginning of his career but he can still drive. They have multiple things working against them. Earl has never been a real versatile driver he's very much like Dennis erb or Chris simpson he's gonna get in that bottom and ride problem is with the way racing is right now even when it's on the bottom its not your traditional park it next to the guardrail and drag race to the next corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    The cars are clearly off. Their are very few competing consistently on the higher regional levels and non on the national scene. Earl is definitely closer to the end than the beginning of his career but he can still drive. They have multiple things working against them. Earl has never been a real versatile driver he's very much like Dennis erb or Chris simpson he's gonna get in that bottom and ride problem is with the way racing is right now even when it's on the bottom its not your traditional park it next to the guardrail and drag race to the next corner.
    Earl actually showed some aggression and decent moves up high last night. I was actually impressed last night. His car just isn't fast.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

EPJ goes backwards in heat races, and forward in features.

A guy that just goes backwards is Chase Junghans.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Earl actually showed some aggression and decent moves up high last night. I was actually impressed last night. His car just isn't fast.
    He's definitely got to get more aggressive. Hes never been a dirty driver but hes gotta start throwin some elbows every now and then. He coulda made the race Fri night if he woulda done so.

Honestly, i think he lacks confidence in the car/setup. He tippy toes into the corners on restarts and they freight train him!

Better just go back to copying Rocket if they want to win again. That's what put them on the map.

They just spent several days at Accu-Force still no better......

In 1 of his pit stops they were making chassis adjustments on the RF, if your that far out in left field it has to be frustrating for EPJ.

Sure would like to see him in a horn again……he had them at the beginning at their worst would be fitting to get him in one at their best.

I understand why they won’t or don’t, I just wish they would.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’d llke to see EPJ in a Capital, Longhorn or Rocket. Black Diamond is a few steps behind these days.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

IMO EPJ hasn't adapted to how the cars need to be driven today. I remember McDowell saying he had to change his driving style to adapt to today's cars. Dale and Earl are pretty much cut from the same cloth. Both like to drive straight and are furthest thing from a cushion crusher. I won't doubt the cars are behind some of the others, but there are a few guys out there getting good results in them.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    IMO EPJ hasn't adapted to how the cars need to be driven today. I remember McDowell saying he had to change his driving style to adapt to today's cars. Dale and Earl are pretty much cut from the same cloth. Both like to drive straight and are furthest thing from a cushion crusher. I won't doubt the cars are behind some of the others, but there are a few guys out there getting good results in them.
    Not too sure about that one. Overton surely drives his car pretty dadgum straight!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Not too sure about that one. Overton surely drives his car pretty dadgum straight!
    Overton drives however it takes to get to the front, depending on what surface he’s on that night. He’s definitely not stuck on one style of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    i agree, especially on the bigger tracks. it cant be all the car either because simpson had a few strong runs this weekend. Was lanigans car a stuckey club 29?

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    i agree, especially on the bigger tracks. it cant be all the car either because simpson had a few strong runs this weekend. Was lanigans car a stuckey club 29?
    Lanigan car- not a Stuckey club
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1