Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They turned their head. They changed the rules cause the cars weren't in line anymore. Then the whole cycle repeated again. The fact that parts, once hand built, starting being mass-produced, didn't help either. They want to make a faster one to sell next year. Rules be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.This is not a tolerance issue at all.For example, 2 years ago the decided to "draw a line in the sand" on the right side body lines. Fender tops already gained height back to front, which wasn't legal. So they said they would run a string from top of rr quarter to top of rf fender. The biggest gap of daylight under the string allowed was 1.5", if I remember correctly. Then since no one followed that rule, they now stop the string at the firewall and let the rf fender be whatever you want.
    When they were hot and heavy on it at Charlotte it was 1"max. You were also not allowed to have a hole in your fender or a partial fender under the rf flopper

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I see we have a comedian in our midst.
    Not being a comedian.
    1. I like the way the cars look
    2. the drop deck makes it a little easier to get out if you are in an emergency
    3. I think it's fun when I build the body for my car to be a little creative to make it look cool.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Not being a comedian.
    1. I like the way the cars look
    2. the drop deck makes it a little easier to get out if you are in an emergency
    3. I think it's fun when I build the body for my car to be a little creative to make it look cool.
    I've liked almost all the cars except maybe mid to late 80s. I hate how they race. That's the body's fault.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -2. .....................Tyler Co. -1

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    I like how the cars look on the track now days, but in the pits they look like some goofy dune buggy. RF all up in the air with enough travel for a whoop section. On the track thou they look racey, but the racing is suffering and on the bigger tracks its worse.

    Clean air will destroy the sport !

    Just say no...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Union, Ohio
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They turned their head. They changed the rules cause the cars weren't in line anymore. Then the whole cycle repeated again. The fact that parts, once hand built, starting being mass-produced, didn't help either. They want to make a faster one to sell next year. Rules be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.

    This is not a tolerance issue at all.

    For example, 2 years ago the decided to "draw a line in the sand" on the right side body lines. Fender tops already gained height back to front, which wasn't legal. So they said they would run a string from top of rr quarter to top of rf fender. The biggest gap of daylight under the string allowed was 1.5", if I remember correctly. Then since no one followed that rule, they now stop the string at the firewall and let the rf fender be whatever you want.
    Isn’t it amazing the number of people who defend these new bodies like it’s always been written in the rules for them to look that way?
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

    Facebook

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    7,967

    Default

    You could bring the bodies back in check without changing the current look all that much. Just make it all straight, flat, and symmetrical and get the deck back down to 36”.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

    Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,173

    Default

    You could also cut the elephant ears off the tops of the fenders and straighten the bodies front to rear. Some of the body offsets at the dream were out of control to say the least.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Tech at dream and world used to be something. They had spoiler side and marker. You didn't fit their template they'd mark where to cut. Had a gauge they'd slide under car and measure body width. They'd measure spoiler and deck heights, window openings, wheel width, etc etc. Tech used to take 5 mins or so per car. You didn't fit you went, fixed, and came back thru. Then as lining up for heats or qualify or whatever they'd walk along the concrete measuring spoiler heights checking tires etc in an effort to ensure legal when hit track. Shoot even side windows we're strongly checked

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Tech at dream and world used to be something. They had spoiler side and marker. You didn't fit their template they'd mark where to cut. Had a gauge they'd slide under car and measure body width. They'd measure spoiler and deck heights, window openings, wheel width, etc etc. Tech used to take 5 mins or so per car. You didn't fit you went, fixed, and came back thru. Then as lining up for heats or qualify or whatever they'd walk along the concrete measuring spoiler heights checking tires etc in an effort to ensure legal when hit track. Shoot even side windows we're strongly checked
    You aren't kidding. It was impossible to pass the first time if you were not trying to cheat.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway - 2 ........ Brushcreek -1
    Alltech -1 .................... Eldora - 8
    East Bay - 6 .................. Richmond -1
    Florence -1 ................. Lawrenceburg -1
    Atomic -6 .................. Circle City -1
    Tazewell -1 .................. Mudlick-1
    Moler -4
    Portsmouth -2. .....................Tyler Co. -1

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I have no idea why people think these cars still wouldn’t look “cool” if reeled in the bodies and rules. I’m also not sure why anyone thinks the roller skate right front tire looks “cool”.
    Fix that, the deck rake, the difference in nose height and the tiny right side body panel, please!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.