Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Here comes the tin foil crowd.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    Think he's probably referring to Stewart. Yeah, he's one of the owners of the series.
    Yeah no kidding! I was be sarcastic since Ray Evernham is the one who started this 2 years ago with this grand idea and just mid last year asked Stewart to be apart of it. Ray & Tony Eury (Earnhardt cousin) built the cars. To me Stewart is just a name to help promote the series some.

- - - - -

I think the racing is ok but could be better with better drivers. Not saying none of them have a good amount of talent but I think the product on the track could be better then what it is. Series needs real talent in the prime of their careers. This feels like just a show that Humphrey Wheeler promoted at Charlotte. I think this needs a few more then just 12 cars. 18-20 cars would be better. Give me talent over drivers who have a name and have been around racing a while. I can think of about 20 or so who I'd like to see with this series: Kyle Larson, Bubba Pollard, Tyler Courtney, Max McLaughlin, Kody Swanson, Brandon Overton, Jonathan Davenport, Ty Majeski, Tony Stewart, Brad Sweet to name a few. I think that would help draw more fans and make the racing better and more exciting for those who spent the money to come and see it. The race at Eldora was decent. I think the best races will be at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway & Slinger Speedway though.

Just my thoughts on this
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-27-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Conflict of interest. Part owner of series should not be in the event.
    Doesn't this happen at a lot of dirt tracks every week around the country though? Not saying you are wrong, just pointing that out...

first time watching.......Sad, not buying what the SRX is selling.

Unless I missed something but I don't particularly see anyone hating on Eldora 👀
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Doesn't this happen at a lot of dirt tracks every week around the country though? Not saying you are wrong, just pointing that out...
    It does and can also be a problem. SRX has drivers that are past their prime.

You always miss something.

Mikieeeeeeeee, in the back, shucks Tony. Well I all thought these cars hand a cruuuuuise control heck that's how I won daytone 2 times ya'all node. Heck I can't drivo and pass folks, yuk yuk yuk. I sure had them Toyota people fooled I did.

Well last nights race was a little better than the first 2 mainly because they were on a better race track but the bottom line is the cars are too wide an too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    You Eldora haters are hilarious.
    TerryM,

I went, and had a good time with friends. As critical as I am about the racing surface at Eldora, it was conducive for good racing in both the SRX race and the USAC Silver Crown race. The SRX heats and feature could be suspect for being scripted, but for a celebrity pro race all in all it was a good time. Crowd was about 70% capacity in my opinion, and felt to have a NASAR crowd feel to it. Very few left after the SRX race, thus staying for the USAC Silver Crown race. If anyone has any questions, I’ll try to answer.

Thumbs up

Lurker

The last three races are at:
    Lucas Oil Raceway on the west side of Indianapolis
    Slinger Speedway in Wisconsin
    Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tennessee

Do you think with what you saw at Eldora these last 3 races would be better the the first three?
    Those last 3 race tracks are all conducive to good side by side racing. What's your assessment of what you saw?

Personally I think the series needs to be 18-20 cars with some other younger talents in them as well. This feels like a show promoted by former Charlotte Motor Speedway promoter Humpy Wheeler.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-30-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

A lot of random yellows in the feature.

Nathan,

I thought over all the racing was good for what it is, but I am skeptical it might have been a little scripted at times from Tony’s seat. Maybe he was just playing with the guys, I don’t know. I thought the yellow flags were suspicious too. Walking in the pits afterwards, overheard SC driver Robert Ballou parked in turn 3 and 4 saying the cars seemed a little pushy --- and I’d agree. The cars drive like what they are I guess, from what I understand, the cars are perimeter frame-rail cars and not offset cars, so you have what you have.

Not sure if I think the asphalt races will be better, just possibly more even for some of the non-dirt drivers. We talked to Evernham also, and he thought the Eldora race produced what he was looking for series and product wise. Personally I think the product has some legs given time, knowing IMHO, it’s a celebrity pro race series, and not the World 100 or the Daytona 500. Marketing wise, Evernham is very happy with everything so far --- his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    It does and can also be a problem. SRX has drivers that are past their prime.
    My understanding is that was the point of the series. It wasn't meant to take current NASCAR and Indy stars. It was to take the past superstars of the NASCAR and Indy and throw in stars from other forms of racing.

Correct. People need not to make it what it isn’t. Its simply entertainment, involving racecars and based primarily around some older retired drivers, with other drivers mixed in. Its not filling the hole, or intended to fill a hole, of a existing races like the PDC or the Snowball Derby.

Yes. It’s contrived. That makes more sense.

Amazing how even the cars are. They all turned their fastest laps between lap 1 and lap 4. The leader ran 20.00 and the 12th place car(last) ran 20.6.
    1/2 second between the fastest and the slowest. Of course by the end of the race, some cars were considerably slower due to damage.
    I've seen plenty of races at Eldora and yes Terry M. their was more passing Sat. night than many a late model race that I've seen over the years.

And Hellio finishing 3rd to 2 dirt ringers was impressive for his first time on dirt.
    8/13/16

oh, and Stewie was definitely sandbaggin more than once to make for a good race. He probably could have won by a straightaway.
    8/13/16

I have not seen the Eldora race yet, but I thought the Knoxville race was good. Bloomquist put on quite a show at Knoxville. At one time he started on the outside pole while Tony Stewart had the pole on a restart. Bloomquist stuck his car extra deep into the first turn and slid toward the wall. Anyone who has raced on a dry track can relate to how Bloomquist had to hold onto his car so he would not hit the wall. Bloomquist gave it good shot to get the lead but ended up drifting back while he was trying to maintain control of his car. Good to see someone take such a chance to win.

Who the Eff is "Humphrey" Wheeler? You mean the promoter dude from Charlotte MS who made (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed sure every 8 year old from three states over saw the commercials about the monster trucks, cartoon characters, the Godzilla thingy deal Dale Sr. crunched cars with, the stupid bus jumps and stunts in the infield, and made (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed sure mommy and daddy heard about it? Oh, THAT idiot?