Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Can they race Eldora weekly?
    2021 race count
    6 events

I watched tonight for the first time after watching Hailie Deegan's youtube from last week's race. I find it funny how the series owner is also a participant and has a pretty decent point lead. Beside Tony Kanaan and Paul Tracy hitting dang near everything in sight it was fairly boring. Also Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save it

Quote Originally Posted by gertheblur12 View Post
    Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save it
    The type of race car Kanaan has competed in his entire career are not conducive to making contact of any kind. People can get killed when a driver doesn't have the skill and talent to make a clean pass. TK can be cut a little slack for not knowing how to dump someone while driving an awkward, full bodied racecar.

I watched tonight for the first time after watching Hailie Deegan's youtube from last week's race. I find it funny how the series owner is also a participant and has a pretty decent point lead. Beside Tony Kanaan and Paul Tracy hitting dang near everything in sight it was fairly boring. Also Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save it
    Series owner??
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Series owner??
    Think he's probably referring to Stewart. Yeah, he's one of the owners of the series.

Helio is always great to listen to when he is interviewed. I enjoyed watching the Knoxville race , but would have liked to have seen 18 to 20 cars starting the race. The cars are suppose to have 700 horsepower , but the handling is intentionally limited.

Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind a late model body looking similar to the SRX cars? I would rather see a spoiler than a wing, but the general shape of the body is what I'm meaning...

Is this a joke?

“The show was over before they put me to the tail”

I watched the race this morning and I found it to be entertaining as well, good action and some drama. I like this concept. It also exposed Eldora and dirt racing. I enjoyed the racing, good show.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I think it was better since they raced on a track with banking. At the end of the heat race they were almost 4 wide for the lead. And 5th wasn't far behind.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Agreed. Late model fans are sometimes too prejudiced to appreciate a race. Seen many entertaining street stock and modified races, proportionately more than late models probably. Thought it was entertaining.
    I hate time trials.

I don’t think post 47’s a joke. There was more passing and side by side racing then I’ve seen in dirt late models in quite awhile. 8-9 cars within a couple seconds of each other and it never got strung out.

yes I was referring to Tony Stewart. I was wondering about the horsepower the announcer keep saying that they can't even get to 50% throttle. What's the point of having 700hp when you don't even get close to using it all? Maybe after this year Ray and Tony will do a little R&D and change up the suspension for better handling

Agreed, the racing was better then most late model races have been there recently. I’m sure there will be changes in between this season and next to make it even better. Lot of people on here are just closed minded to anything that’s anti late model. Especially on the hollowed grounds of Eldora. Shouldn’t be a big surprise. The Eldora stocks usually produce the best racing action at every Eldora event.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Is this a joke?
    You're so cool.. smh 😁

yes I was referring to Tony Stewart. I was wondering about the horsepower the announcer keep saying that they can't even get to 50% throttle. What's the point of having 700hp when you don't even get close to using it all? Maybe after this year Ray and Tony will do a little R&D and change up the suspension for better handling
    It's a problem that drivers have to have good throttle control to win?

You Eldora haters are hilarious.

Conflict of interest. Part owner of series should not be in the event.