Thumbs up ELDORA - DIRT LATE MODEL DREAM - What was your overall impression of the racing?

ELDORA SPEEDWAY

DIRT LATE MODEL DREAM - What was your overall impression of the racing during the 4 days at Eldora?

Was it good or did you think it could have been a bit better?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I thought the racing was good. During the heats guys were 3 and 4 wide, couldn't get much better. The B mains had the same, guys going all out to get up front. The Thursday and Saturday big features, all I'm saying is no one ran away with it and it definitely was not boring. A yellow at the end Saturday and I think you may have had a different winner. The 44 was coming on the bottom. Can't take anything away from Overton, he didn't use ALL the car up and was taking advantage of mistakes made by the guys he was following. He picked them off 1 at a time, got to the front and got into a good pace.

Racing was awesome til it took rubber. It was a breath of fresh air to see the cushion hackers go nowhere and to see a really well prepared and well balanced race car win it. I knew it was over when he could turn the car across the center and go anywhere he wanted. When you see one turning to the left on entry and it rotates then it’s game over.

It was good to see lanigan lead as much as he did and it was cool to see madden lead too , considering how he has never ran good come money time.

I thought racing was good and track was prepped well 👍

I thought it was good. I only went saturday. It was dusty and track dried off pretty quick, but regardless was good quality racing.

I thought the whole thing was really good start to finish….just had a great vibe about it every night.
    I was watching it from the recliner, I have to believe being there live was bad ace.

My yeti didn’t get stolen though.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Aside from when the track rubbered in the feature, and the racing after the rain, it was pretty good. Considering the aero woes the cars have, it was very good.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It was average to slightly above average. That’s no knock on them, it was 92 degrees Saturday.

I could’ve predicted Pennsboro’s answer haha.

I guess I’ll be the lone wolf here. I like passing when I watch a race. Wasn’t much of that this weekend. Heats were all one lane except Friday night.

I thought the racing was slightly above average. Loved the Overton domination. Track appears to have a lot of grip early. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eldora has a dust problem. Whether it is the body packages of the day or whatever dirt they have it is not what it used to be.
    I think the tire rules have ruined some of the drama of the 100 lappers. Used to be with numerous compounds of tires, cars would come in and others would fade but there was an ebb and a flow to the race. Now days drivers save their tires and equipment and some make it to the end and are strong. Then other nights they reach a point and they all fade and everyone's tires are gone and no one can go anywhere. There is a lot of room for improvement in the current era of dirt late model racing.

Roughride,

I agree the surface needs attention, if for no other reason than rocks. I'm considering PPE for September. It was hit by 3 rocks this weekend. One to the throat that was no fun. I don't want to lose an eye.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

TerryM, what is that exactly supposed to mean?

I didn’t bad mouth eldora at all, I’m a realest. It was average and I’m fine with it. I had a good time, did you even go?
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 06-14-2021 at 09:34 AM.

I thought the entire weekend was great. For a speedway to have two gigantic shows in four days is almost impossible. I thought the track was prepared great given the number of laps raced.This is not on the track but I wish someone (WoO, Lucas, etc) would get the bodies back in shape. Steve Francis, Ray Cook, Sam Driggers - you could do it!!!!!!

the track was as good as you could ask for 70 cars racing for 4 days. the aero domination in these cars sucks and makes for mostly boring racing except for a couple laps after restarts

I too thought racing was good. But more than anything it was just great to be back at Eldora with that many fans! Awesome time as always. Already counting down the days until World 100 week!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Roughride,

I agree the surface needs attention, if for no other reason than rocks. I'm considering PPE for September. It was hit by 3 rocks this weekend. One to the throat that was no fun. I don't want to lose an eye.
    Thanks for the heads up. Eldora never had a rock problem that I remember.

And I’ll say it again, good clay just doesn’t have many rocks, so wth. I just don’t know how Tony and the gang got clay with rocks in it that bad. Yes I absolutely believe you.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB,

I don't remember it being an issue before either. I was sitting where I always sit. Never had it happen before.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Been to Eldora since the late 80’s, I’ve seen a rock two fly in the stands just about every year

Great entertaining week of racing.