Default Carolina Sprint Tour Carolina Speedway

This Friday night. Should be a great show. Great sprint car racing in the heart of the Carolinas.

They are also running Cherokee on Saturday night.

Take the wings off and let 'em run 410's. THEN it would be a good show! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Take the wings off and let 'em run 410's. THEN it would be a good show! LOL!
    Tell your buddies to bring the tumble buggies down to the Carolinas. We will certainly go watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Tell your buddies to bring the tumble buggies down to the Carolinas. We will certainly go watch.
    Hell I've told them many times to merely cross the state line west into Illinois but they haven't in a long so I doubt they'll heed any suggestions to travel to the southeast, aka pizza delivery car country. Illinois is also hardcore pizza delivery car country. Famous DLM tracks like Fairbury can't make any money racing USAC sprint cars or midgets mainly because they don't run a tight, organized show and it seems the track prep is lacking for the open wheel cars.

My advise. Don't hold your breath waiting for real sprint cars to come anywhere near the Carolina's.

"Tumble bunnies" with wings are still "tumble bunnies"! LOLOL!

Hmm. You forgot about the World Finals who bring the best sprint cars in the nation in to North Carolina

Hmm. You forgot about the World Finals who bring the best sprint cars in the nation in to North Carolina
    Again, those are not real sprint cars ergo they're not the best. To be the best they have to be 410's without wings. Capish rajflyopenLarsonfanboy?

Ok. CIRF is officially a numb nut 😜

State facts and make your case, rajflyopenLarsonfanboy. Just you saying something doesn't make it so.

This oughta' be good! LOLOL!

The 410s are what I was watching when bacon went out of the park at terre haute? Forgive my sprint car ignorance Cirf.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The 410s are what I was watching when bacon went out of the park at terre haute? Forgive my sprint car ignorance Cirf.
    Yes they were BBQ. Those were the USAC National Sprint Car division which is all 410. Those USAC guys are a brave and skillful bunch and they're the cream of the crop in reference to wingless sprint car racing. A friend who has won a whole bunch in both 410 wingless and 410 winged sprint cars says that the wingless 410's are the baddest, nastiest racecars in the world. A wingless 410 nearly killed him back in the early 1990's and they ended his career in 2002 and he once held the record for the most wins in the All Star Circuit of Champions winged 410 division and is 3rd on the all time USAC wingless sprint car win list. I reckon I'll take his word for it.

There are winged and wingless 360 sprint cars and winged and wingless 305 sprint cars. They're all good but I dearly love the wingless 410's. Those who have driven them all say the wingless 410's require the most talent, skill and testicular dimensions!

it is going be just an amazing show for sure!

I’m looking forward to tomorrow night. Weather looks good. A bit hot. Carolina is a good track for 305’s. The people who run this series do a good job 👍

Hope it's a great show, for sure. I hack on the wings a lot but those cars do put on a good show. It's good to see some grass roots dirt open wheel racing gain some traction in areas that are predominantly populated with fendered cars with roofs.

I hack on the wings mainly just to stir the flyopenLarsonfanboy pot!! LOLOL!

Wings = easier for fans to follow, more space for sponsor logos, more cushion for wrecks, better downforce = higher speeds. I will take wings. Thank you very much.

Wings = easier for fans to follow, more space for sponsor logos, more cushion for wrecks, better downforce = higher speeds. I will take wings. Thank you very much.
    Well I reckon if one lane racing, raw speed and racing billboards are what entertain you then wings are definitely your thing. If driver skill, talent, testicular fortitude, backin' 'em into #1 & #3 and sheer bravery is what entertains you, as it does me, then it's a no brainer.

Oh, and I have NO problem following who's driving what wingless car. It's not that difficult and a meaningless talking point.

Drivers who have gone on to make it into the upper echelon's of racing, such as Jeff Gordon, Stewart, Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Kenny Schrader, Chase Briscoe and many more that I'm forgetting displayed their talents and originally made their bones in dirt open wheel cars that do not have wings. Midgets, wingless sprint cars and USAC Silver Crown cars to be more specific. It's all in what you want to see. Personally, I want to see the most skillful, most talented and the most brave, not necessarily the fastest cars pinned to the track with aero crutches.

Fast = brave = winged sprint car drivers are some of the bravest racers in any form of motor sports.

Fast = brave = winged sprint car drivers are some of the bravest racers in any form of motor sports.
    Not as brave as the guys who are really good in a wingless 410. A guy who's in multiple racing hall's of fame who won dozens of races in both will confirm what I say. I suggest you take it up with him, but I dearly wanna' watch! LOLOLOLOL!!!