Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mag Roll Call...17-18-19...

Three nights of racing, $5,000, $5,000 and $15,000, who will show up?

As a fan I will be there all 3 nights...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

In the past, I recall hearing something about the following: Must run Thursday and Friday to gain points to be eligible to lock in a position spot for the Main Feature on Saturday, according to the highest point runners on the two previous nights. Please refresh my memory if it is the Lo race or the Clash or State.

It's the Lucas Oil, I don't know about the points deal. I would guess it is 3 complete races.

Who knows?????
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

About 3 years ago, the Mag started these 3 night deals. There was the Governor's Cup, Cotton Pickin', and other names. In one of these 3 night deals, I remember a driver who did not make it in the first two features (Thur and Fri) races, only could enter the Saturday Night last chance race, which it was a bad deal and the chance of getting in was slim to none, and it was not 3 fully different races. It forced the big names to race all three nights, instead of sneaking in on Saturday Night, timing good, and get up front dodging the 2 low paying features the 2 nights before, which the big name hate to race for that small amount of winning. The top dogs are not showing up like they once did, and the Mag did this to spread out the payouts to lesser cars. No top dog will show with this type of platform if other one time large payout races are running also on Saturday Night.

North Alabama, this weekend is 3 complete shows sanctioned by both Lucas and CCSDS. I think you are referring to the Cotton Pickin’ but I could be wrong.

last year they locked in top 18 cars off thurs and fridays average feature finish to saturdays show. it could be diff this year idk

I remember going last year. I wish they would go back to the standard way of doing the race, 100 laps.
    Last edited by NorthAlabama; 06-15-2021 at 05:14 PM.

3 support classes Friday and Saturday night and the A main is now only 60 laps. The more information I get the less looking forward to this I am .

I'm glad Saturday is only 60 laps. Remember last year the track rubbered up after 30 laps and they rode around single file on the bottom for the last 70 laps.

20 lap features, don't blink.

Tropical system coming. Saturday looks very wet.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Doesn't it rubber up top to bottom every year.
    2021 race count
    6 events

But when it does, I usually catch cat naps; sometimes it becomes the most boring follow the leader race if no cautions and interesting restarts. The big flat black ice track is different, but I would like to see them change it to like the Bullring, red clay and banked, more banked the better, they would be flying. During intermission, Stokes will scrape off the top and change up things, making Drivers re-guess, interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Doesn't it rubber up top to bottom every year.
    Usually slick top to bottom. I've never seen a track rubber more than 1 groove. If it did, it would still be a race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

How many laps will lucas oil run thurs and Friday

Quote Originally Posted by 4wide View Post
    How many laps will lucas oil run thurs and Friday
    25 laps. $5k to win. 60 laps $15k on Saturday
    2021 race count
    6 events

With the tropical depression almost certain to roll in on Saturday morning and last through end of day Sunday will the Lucas series make any changes to get the $15k race in on Friday? Long way for most of their teams to go for two $5k to win shows.

Any other updates ?

Copied from Lucas Oil Late Model site.

A complete program of Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, and a $5,000-to-win main event is on tap for Thursday and Friday nights. Each night, the pit gates will open at 2:00pm, followed by general admission at 4:00pm. A driver’s meeting will take place at 7:00 pm, followed by hot laps at 7:30pm.

Drivers will earn valuable points in each of the two preliminary nights that will determine the lineups for Saturday night’s finale. The top 18 in points will be locked into the A-Main, while the rest of the field will contend for one of the final transfer spots through one of the B-Mains.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    With the tropical depression almost certain to roll in on Saturday morning and last through end of day Sunday will the Lucas series make any changes to get the $15k race in on Friday? Long way for most of their teams to go for two $5k to win shows.
    AGREED. Since rain is certain, cancel the show or run it on Friday. Way too far to tow for sure.