Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Political Compass

In the spirit of not arguing about specific topics on here for a change, I thought it would be interesting to see where people here would land on this popular Political Compass test/survey. Just thought it would be a slight change of pace compared to the typical arguments. Www.politicalcompass.org my chart should be attached below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Osiris1241; 06-17-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Not sure my image worked so here's this too https://www.politicalcompass.org/cha...5.75&soc=-1.49

I’ve taken a test like this before. A few times. This one reads, Middle Purple Libertarian.

Was yours the same level of Libertarian as mine or more Libertarian? Just curious. Appreciate you responding on this thread

No. Mine was two squares into the Right, almost in the direct middle of the chart. I always land Libertarian. Which is correct with my beliefs. You lean more Green Left of middle Libertarian.
    Last edited by lurker; 06-17-2021 at 10:09 PM.

It will be interesting who does and doesn’t participate in the test, and who posts the their results.

Agreed, not sure what to expect in terms of responses but I'm hoping to be surprised.

I got: economic/right 1.0

social libertarian/authoritarian .26

economic left -1.1

social l/a 2.36

I answered all of the questions and found the results to be totally incorrrect.

But I don't really take any stock in the validity of this test.

Several questions were actually absurd or without factually proven basis.

My results therefore, are wrong in my belief.

Orisis, I hope you don't take much stock in this test.

It is a waste of time.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I wouldn’t know. It seems to be working for others and you didn’t post your results

Governments should penalise businesses that mislead the public.

How are you supposed to answer that properly? If you have a corrupt government that causes bisinesses to mislead the public, like we have now the answer would be NO. If the government is not corrupt then the answer would be YES.

Do you agree?

I'm fairly certain that the entire questionnaire is based on the assumption that your hypothetical government is not corrupt. The question's aren't based on what you think the current admin should do, but what you think a correct government would do. If you think a correctly functioning government should penalize companies for misleading the public, you would put YES.

Also, what questions are there that are even insinuating something as a fact? Every question given is hypothetical. If you disagree with something, you can choose "Disagree" or "Strongly Disagree".

Notice the lack of a response. Dude would rather shut out any explanations and argue than actually approach a situation with s new perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    Notice the lack of a response. Dude would rather shut out any explanations and argue than actually approach a situation with s new perspective.
    So it’s your way or no way? Sounds familiar !

dirtman, just like Buford 🙂
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the entire questionnaire is based on the assumption that your hypothetical government is not corrupt. The question's aren't based on what you think the current admin should do, but what you think a correct government would do. If you think a correctly functioning government should penalize companies for misleading the public, you would put YES.
    But we don’t have a hypothetical government ! We have an actual government that is corrupt at its core so therefore this questionnaire is null and void !

Then its a good thing the questionnaire isn't about our government in the real world. If you actually took the questionnaire, you'd be able to tell, though maybe not since you already failed to understand it.

Who is this guy to make the questions, analyze the answers, and place people in catagories?

This looks like an info search more than anything else.

Some of the questions could be answered any way.

Why does he assume that factories will pollute if not controlled? How much pollution control is enough of say a coal power plant? When is control ever enough period?

How does he actually know that a coal power plant actually does squat to the atmosphere?