Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For what its worth Buford, expounding on my post #3, I’ve taken tests like this over the years since the internet, and a few pre-internet --- and they’ve always placed me as a Libertarian, on the Conservative side. Which is correct in my beliefs. Don’t know how it all works, but it plays out correct with me. Again, JMO FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Who is this guy to make the questions, analyze the answers, and place people in catagories? This looks like an info search more than anything else.Some of the questions could be answered any way.Why does he assume that factories will pollute if not controlled? How much pollution control is enough of say a coal power plant? When is control ever enough period?How does he actually know that a coal power plant actually does squat to the atmosphere?
    1. Literally no political ideology test is perfect. There's no point arguing this when the results don't really matter anyways. 2. I'm not even sure what you mean here. You're suppose to give your immediate opinions to each statement. 3. The point of the propositions is to determine if you agree or disagree with them. Of course you can choose any answer, but if you lie on the test, you're either wasting your own time by filling out an optional questionnaire insincerely or extremely inept at reading. 4. The creator of the test is not assuming anything. NONE of these answers are statements of fact. NONE of them. If you don't even agree that coal power plants are causing climate issues, you would choose Strongly Disagree and move on. There is no expectation for you to pick specific answers.

But I'm done humoring you with explanations. Either take the test that literally means nothing and was simply brought up for a change of pace, or don't. There's no point talking about it anymore. Either you're taking the piss, or no amount of explaining will ever satisfy you.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    dirtman, just like Buford 
    If you would want to take the test yourself you can as well! I've been interested in how those generally on the other side of these arguments fall (Me, Kaz, Kidrock)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris1241 View Post
    1. Literally no political ideology test is perfect. There's no point arguing this when the results don't really matter anyways. 2. I'm not even sure what you mean here. You're suppose to give your immediate opinions to each statement. 3. The point of the propositions is to determine if you agree or disagree with them. Of course you can choose any answer, but if you lie on the test, you're either wasting your own time by filling out an optional questionnaire insincerely or extremely inept at reading. 4. The creator of the test is not assuming anything. NONE of these answers are statements of fact. NONE of them. If you don't even agree that coal power plants are causing climate issues, you would choose Strongly Disagree and move on. There is no expectation for you to pick specific answers.
    You should take your own advice at point #1 cuz it don’t matter !

Then its a good thing the questionnaire isn't about our government in the real world. If you actually took the questionnaire, you'd be able to tell, though maybe not since you already failed to understand it.
    Why do I care about ANYTHING that is not about the REAL WORLD ? Did not read it so I am not able to tell !

I wasn't going to respond but I will say that... This is literally a forum about motorsports, something that's inconsequential and not really related to the real world.

But I'm done humoring you with explanations. Either take the test that literally means nothing and was simply brought up for a change of pace, or don't. There's no point talking about it anymore. Either you're taking the piss, or no amount of explaining will ever satisfy you.
    I took the test and disegreed very much with the results which put me almost dead center in the chart. You were curiuous so I'm givng my results.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I wasn't going to respond but I will say that... This is literally a forum about motorsports, something that's inconsequential and not really related to the real world.
    To some the real world is all there is. So when there is no longer have anything left including racing, maybe a few lights will go on. hehe

Hope to doesn't happen, but some time down the road, I'm afraid the world will get so wicked that it will have to be destroyed and rebuilt.

1.63 Econ

2.00 Lib

Whatever that means. I answered all the questions, but felt about 5 of them trapped you. But as I good sport, I took the test

Okay, I did go with the authors intentions as you said, and not as I felt them could be interpreted and I got a very inaccurate score, in my opinion.

SO maybe his personal interpetations of the ansers to the questions are questionable? I think so. Agenda here? Could be.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 06-23-2021 at 04:11 PM.

I would have to see your answers to fully conclude if they are actually entirely inaccurate. I can see some of the questions being worse than others considering people may not have a strong opinion on every question, but still have to choose to agree or disagree. It seems to fall in line for most other people though and I would expect most Americans to fall somewhere close to the center

Not saying you have to show screenshots of your answers, just that I can't give a good response without seeing what your answers are and comparing them to my own

Well tell me what mine mean. Econ was to the right I think

Not saying you have to show screenshots of your answers, just that I can't give a good response without seeing what your answers are and comparing them to my own
    That would be a bit of a chore that copy and paste it all, but if I happen to get the time I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    That would be a bit of a chore that copy and paste it all, but if I happen to get the time I might.
    if you do I will definitely look at it, but no biggie one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Well tell me what mine mean. Econ was to the right I think
    Yours would imply that you somewhat believe more in the idea that businesses and private funding should have more emphasis than government regulation (not a huge amount) and funding. It also implies that you believe that in certain circumstances, you believe the government should still have a role in dictating what you believe is right or wrong. Since you're still close to the center, it would likely mean that you believe in these ideas slightly more often when answering the questions, but not in every circumstance.

Interesting I do say.

The website gives some examples of extreme governments. North Korea would be as Authoritarian Left as you can get while Switzerland is extremely Right in terms of economic policy (the phrase "Swiss Bank Accounts" is a call to how focused they are on putting business first), but is somewhat lax on dictating what it's citizens can or can't do.