Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Need cars, motors and money to be able to do that. Not sure what he has left of all three
    Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Minimal travel is kind of misleading. It's minimal in number of miles (criss-crossing Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan) compared to towing to New York or Alabama for one weekend, but prep and maintenance are horrible. By the end of the tour, your primary car is usually junk and possibly the backup car too. I don't see Strickler being able to handle that with the way he goes through equipment. Look at Ashton Wenger right now. Most of his has been bad luck, but he has gone through a ton in only the first 4 races.
    He doesn't have to hit every race. Pic and chose. We're talkin bout seat time. Not to run for points. Plus he's familiar with most of the tracks on the schedule.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    i wouldnt mind seeing him run the usmts tour.
    He tried that for a while a couple years back. It didn’t go so well.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

To be fair, there have been a few instances where someone succesful was in other gear and did nothing. Bobby Pierce, Hudson O'Neal even Davenport a few years ago. I hope Strickler goes back to whatever he was in last year and does a pick and choose, it seems to be working for other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    To be fair, there have been a few instances where someone succesful was in other gear and did nothing. Bobby Pierce, Hudson O'Neal even Davenport a few years ago. I hope Strickler goes back to whatever he was in last year and does a pick and choose, it seems to be working for other guys.
    When Bobby did "nothing" he still won races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

i think the biggest deal was he is really rough on equipment, people with money don't want to just through it out the window, he destroyed some cars because of lack of patience, but he does put on a show

Everyone saw him pound that cushion last year and a lot of time he had a top 3 finish. His head got to the point that he thought going into this season he was going to knock down doors. First he didn't like the xr-1, the slide started, he gets longhorns. Then he either wrecked, some of his doing, some wrong place wrong time. Blaming his crew was in my opinion one of the dumbest things you can do as a driver. Then he gets a Bloomquist chassis, why ? Go ahead I'll wait. That chassis and his driving style are total opposites. Motor issues get tossed in and in the end he has a lot of equipment that is far from what it takes today to win races. He, to me anyhow, seems like he has taken on this attitude of I don't give a total who you are. He has derailed, and he believes it's somebody else causing his spiral downward

The sad part is the dude actually has a ton of potential IMO. I think he’s one heck of a driver.

It takes more than just the ability to drive a race car to make it on a touring level. Not everyone is cut out for that kind of racing schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When he was on the Lucas Oil Tour in that Rocket? I don't recall him wining anything in that car.

When he was on the Lucas Oil Tour in that Rocket? I don't recall him wining anything in that car.
    I recall him winning the Jackson 100.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I had to look it up. I found three wins from his 2018 season in the Dunn Benson car. Strickler has two wins already and already dropped off the tour. That new kid in the Mastersbilt House car looks better than Hudson ever did driving it as well.

I had to look it up. I found three wins from his 2018 season in the Dunn Benson car. Strickler has two wins already and already dropped off the tour. That new kid in the Mastersbilt House car looks better than Hudson ever did driving it as well.
    Level of competition matters.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Brownstown, Pittsburgher, Tri City and Macon. It's hard finding these stats.