Lipstick on a pig…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That holds no interest for me. Have always felt the sound of performance racing engines is one of the things that interests fans, they assault the senses and we like it. Realize the world is changing but call me old school.
    I hate time trials.

I am with you, getting old sucks but it beats the alternative...electric race cars, no trophy girls, the national anthem optional, kids who don't know who Sammy Hagar is. Might as well make a generic race car with single lugs to eliminate the pit crew, spec engine with drivers who buy their way in.... If this is progress send me to the rear!!!

Electric NASCAR? Not going to work but the owners these days are just silly enough to try it.

Surely this is a joke!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I’m not sure how this would work either with current technology. Even Formula E has just recently developed batteries that can last an entire race, but from what I can tell those races usually cover around 50 miles total over 45 minutes with a ton of energy management by the drivers. The solution before this year was to just have drivers jump out of their car and into another, but how many cars would a team need to even run an 80-lap race that would require drivers to constantly go at full power?

Solar panels in all the empty seats !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Solar panels in all the empty seats !!!!!
    They could power most of the cities the tracks sit in if they decided to install solar panels where all the empty seats are……

Batteries would determine who wins. Some would drain more than others and then you are out to dry.

I'm sure there has to be companies trying to develop new style batteries last can last a lot longer then the current batteries. They will be mega rich when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Batteries would determine who wins. Some would drain more than others and then you are out to dry.
    Just like fuel mileage races today.

I'm sure there has to be companies trying to develop new style batteries last can last a lot longer then the current batteries. They will be mega rich when they do.
    The problem is there is no battery chemistry that exists which can store energy as efficiently as mother nature does. Basically, fossil fuels are mother natures way of storing solar energy. Millions of years ago plants used photosynthesis to convert solar energy to carbon chains in the form of carbohydrates. When those forests died and wound up buried in the ground over time they turned into the fossil fuel deposits we utilize today. So, if you want to feel "green" the next time you're filling up at the gas station, realize that you are essentially filling your car with "solar energy", because the energy in those gasoline molecules came from the sun and was put there millions of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    They can refuel , they can’t recharge…..so no, it’s nothing like fuel mileage races of today.

Agenda overloading common sense

Not at all.. Do you pit for an hour to refuel/recharge/// hahahahahahhaa

A fuel mileage race is when teams take a chance and try to stretch their fuel to make it to the finish. If everyone is able to put at the end and easily make it on fuel, that's no longer a fuel mileage race.

Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

A fuel mileage race is when teams take a chance and try to stretch their fuel to make it to the finish. If everyone is able to put at the end and easily make it on fuel, that's no longer a fuel mileage race.
    It’s much more complicated than “ taking a chance”…..most times it’s a well thought out series of events that make it a fuel mileage race.

I would explain, but you would find a way to dumb it down to fit a dumbed down narrative…..dam yer dumb.

Pretty interesting, when I first opened it up and saw the boat I was kind of excited thinking he had mastered electric boat motors…..either way, cool article.

Hope you are enjoying the grandkids this summer…..we just had ours for about a week, man what a bunch of fun.

Yep BBQ Agenda always over his common sense...

It's a fact that battery performance can be affected by several factors, armatures, brushes, connections, etc.

Batteries can be cheated up also. Examples would be armature winds, what the brushes are made of. It would be easily enough to judge and test bursh content, Gold, and silver are more conductive.

Cheating in batteries should be very hard to do, but you never know, there are some pretty smart people out there.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 07-01-2021 at 03:49 PM.