Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil LM at Deer Creek gets what they deserve, RAIN.

The Gopher 50 was always the Wednesday before the 4th of July. The last few years have been the Saturday before the 4th. Seems to me they should have been running next Saturday and not scheduling the same weekend as Jackson Motorplex Nationals WOO Sprints 3 day event. The 2 tracks are 1 hour 45 minutes apart all trying to fill their stands. This is a classic who cares but many of these fans would do both if they were on separate Weekends. Looks like they both may get rained out tonight and we need rain up here in this area.

Said an announcement would be made at 10 a.m. regarding tonight but I havent seen anything.

Imagine driving that far and not getting to race.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I guarantee McCreadie and Richards are especially pissed. They’d have much rather been at Lernerville.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yes long drive for nothing. Looks like they’ve gotten a pretty good amount of rain.

It is canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    The Gopher 50 was always the Wednesday before the 4th of July. The last few years have been the Saturday before the 4th. Seems to me they should have been running next Saturday and not scheduling the same weekend as Jackson Motorplex Nationals WOO Sprints 3 day event. The 2 tracks are 1 hour 45 minutes apart all trying to fill their stands. This is a classic who cares but many of these fans would do both if they were on separate Weekends. Looks like they both may get rained out tonight and we need rain up here in this area.
    If it was going to be a Lucas Oil race it had to be this weekend or wedged in between the races at Smoky Mountain in Tennessee on the 9th and 10th and the race at 34 on the 15th... Lucas Oil is very busy in July, which is why makeup races for them have seemed hard to come by.

Oh I get it that they switched to Lucas oil and next weekend wasn’t available. Just saying that the 2 biggest shows in this area were on the same weekend which hurts both. Jackson will still be running tonight’s $50,000 to win Woo Sprint Nationals at this time. No rain there until this morning and it’s about out of the area.

Josh, T-mac I agree, Richards who knows. Not sure how that format worked out but wouldn't they have to be there either Thursday or Friday to get locked in for tonight ?

I can't believe they kept those guys our there last night, and there basically being a 100% chance of rain for today. They shouldve called it then. Let the guys that want to try and race somewhere do it. They just got hung out to dry.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 06-26-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Very disappointing but part of the game. Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes.
    8/13/16

I am of the impression they could have raced last night after the rain. They should have prepped the track at 8:30 PM and run the Friday show, The race could have been run after the rain. At least they would have gotten one night of racing in for the fans and drivers.

Bronson was there and left for Pevely but got rained out there as well. I believe they knew it was canceled before some may think.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Bronson was there and left for Pevely but got rained out there as well. I believe they knew it was canceled before some may think.
    With the high percentage today. I was also wondering how many had left before the announcement. It shows DirtCar tweeted the cancellation at 8:54 am and Lucas at around Noon
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 06-26-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Jackson postponed to Sunday
    2021 race count
    6 events

I know some of them left last night. They seen the writing on the wall.

Tuty,

The Gopher 50 has NEVER been run on the Wednesday before July 4th. Please do some research before posting nonsense.

I would like to know who made the decision to not race Friday after the rain. Did the Deer Creek management or Lucas Oil leadership make the decision. I was at the track after the rain and did not think the area was all that wet. The air did not feel like it was going to rain anymore in the evening. I wonder if the divers were poled before the decision to not race was announced. I have seen many races run on a lot wetter tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    They have not run the Gopher 50 on a Wednesday for a long, long time, if ever.
    Last edited by fryefan; 06-28-2021 at 09:57 PM.

I can remember it being a mid-week show when it was part of the SN, but not sure which day they ran it.