Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like it was early in the schedule so around Sunday, Monday, Tuesdays.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I can remember it being a mid-week show when it was part of the SN, but not sure which day they ran it.
    When it was ran in Owatonna in the mid 80's to early 90's it was run on a Tuesday.

The first two Gophers were scheduled on Wednesdays after July 4th (one was rained out and run on Thursday)...after that it was either Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday until they moved to Saturdays. The race was run in early June from 2005-2007.
    Last edited by FastEd95; 06-29-2021 at 02:38 PM.

nobody deserves rain.

the good old days:

http://homepages.gac.edu/~bmcclain/race.html
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Normally the first Tuesday or Wednesday after the 4th. Switched to Saturdays when moved to Deer Creek. The Gopher has never run in June. lost our Saturday when WOO switched it to Jackson.

LOL to the OP. If ANY track in the USA can deal with a metric coitus-ton of rain and get a show in without a disaster of a track surface, its Deer Creek. Now, the parking lot and the pits, well, maybe nobody gets out before 4 AM. When Deer Creek rains out, its a rainout.
    Last edited by GrocMax; 06-30-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer1 View Post
    Normally the first Tuesday or Wednesday after the 4th. Switched to Saturdays when moved to Deer Creek. The Gopher has never run in June. lost our Saturday when WOO switched it to Jackson.
    The first several Gopher's at Deer Creek were run on weeknights...and the first three held at Deer Creek (2005-2007) were in early to mid June. Those are called facts.

We went there 3 years in a row on a Wednesday and it was a WOO event. It’s probably 8-10 years ago they switched to Saturday. Went to Owatona once but can’t remember if it was a Tuesday or Wednesday.

It was run during the week until 2011. Looks like it was moved to a Saturday after that.

I won’t second guess Deer Creek, seen them pull off a couple of miracles through the years when weather would have upended most other tracks.
    I hate time trials.