Jeremiah Hurst
    Garrett Alberson
    Dennis Erb Jr.
    Spencer Diercks
    Cade Dillard
    Brian Shirley
    Jason Feger
    Ryan Unzicker

Who else will be there??? What MLRA guys will be there as they’re in Farley and Burlington the next 2 nights. Also any other WoO guys be coming to get a look at the track before mega 3 day event in August?!? Excited for this one. Hopefully Mother Nature is nicer this week.

Tanner English and Ashton Winger will be there. BMJ hasn't updated his schedule, he may drop off the tour... Does anybody know if Sheppard will be able to get away from the Rocket shop to race this week in the B5?

Is the Davenport event to be run on the 1/2 mile or the bull ring?

1/4 mile. Brandon Sheppard will be there. Just got a message from the man himself. They will also be at Beaver Dam on 7/30.

I doubt there will be any future racing on the 1/2 mile- making it acceptable to insurance standards would be way too expensive. Meanwhile, Ricky Kay and his gang have made the 1/4 mile very racy for evnts they promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riedesel View Post
    I doubt there will be any future racing on the 1/2 mile- making it acceptable to insurance standards would be way too expensive. Meanwhile, Ricky Kay and his gang have made the 1/4 mile very racy for evnts they promote.
    The slow and inevitable death of yet another 1/2 mile.

Love the 1/2, but it needs soooo much work. When I win powerball I’ll get with Shawn Loter and get that big track back to its glory days.

I think Moyer jr said on Twitter he planned on running the entire week coming up.

Add Jason Papich

Keep it the 1/4 mile track only, great racing there!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Keep it the 1/4 mile track only, great racing there!
    You're going to get your wish.

It won't be long 'till 1/4 and 1/5 miles are all there will be left. Lot more of what everybody wants to see. Beatin', bangin' and fightin'. That's what sells tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riedesel View Post
    Did something happen pertaining to the 1/2 miler since they last raced there? Didn't know their were issues.
    8/13/16

Nothing has changed on the 1/2 mile and that's the problem- insurance standards have changed, and making the 1/2 mile insurable would cost a huge amount according to the promoter. I have been impressed with the shows on the 1/4; reminds me of why weekly shows played to packed houses in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You're going to get your wish.It won't be long 'till 1/4 and 1/5 miles are all there will be left. Lot more of what everybody wants to see. Beatin', bangin' and fightin'. That's what sells tickets!
    Eldora and Knoxville are doomed

Rich, are you saying we.ve seen the last race on the 1/2 mile configuration?
    8/13/16

Kay’s will only promote 1/4 mile. 1/2 mile needs tons of work done to it.

The "racing" on the 1/2 mile is boring. I guess if you like watching train racing, you might like it.

The racing on the 1/4 mile track is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Eldora and Knoxville are doomed
    Eldora isn't a true half mile. Knoxville is legendary and prestigious, as is Eldora, that they will not fade away anytime soon. Davenport doesn't have the mystique', history and yearly events steeped in notoriety as Knoxville and Eldora. Strip away the lore and hype of either of those tracks and try to make a go of it running a weekly program and see how long it lasts.

You, on the other hand, are doomed to spend a lifetime being an intellectual deficient who is triggered by almost everything I post. I'd be flattered if anything you post required any more wit than that of a grapefruit but it doesn't and I'm not. I'm merely mildly amused.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-28-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    The "racing" on the 1/2 mile is boring. I guess if you like watching train racing, you might like it.

The racing on the 1/4 mile track is superb.
    Nope, them there boring 1/2 miles are for sissies! I'm part of the crowd that enjoys superb beatin' and bangin' and the occasional displays of amateur pugilism/rasslin' that precipitates from the beatin' and bangin'. Don't get no better 'n that!!

Add Billy Moyer Jr.