Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Add Bob Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Eldora isn't a true half mile. Knoxville is legendary and prestigious, as is Eldora, that they will not fade away anytime soon. Davenport doesn't have the mystique', history and yearly events steeped in notoriety as Knoxville and Eldora. Strip away the lore and hype of either of those tracks and try to make a go of it running a weekly program and see how long it lasts.You, on the other hand, are doomed to spend a lifetime being an intellectual deficient who is triggered by almost everything I post. I'd be flattered if anything you post required any more wit than that of a grapefruit but it doesn't and I'm not. I'm merely mildly amused.
    Your whole first paragraph makes zero sense. You ramble on trying to impress yourself with every big word you can come up. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to be in your presence in real life. You're a walking example of someone that is a legend in their own mind. Hoping father time will strike you down so I don't have to. Suck deez grapefuits gramps.

Add Mitch McGrath

Add Frank Heackanest Jr
    Add Tim Lance

Also, for those that don’t know, this is a double late mode show with IMCA Late Models also running. Was just at track, we’ve had minimal rain here in Davenport proper, track looks great and weather looks perfect.

Hope yall don't mind if I vent about the tire situation. 1st of all I can't stand having both the 20/30/40 rule and 1350/1600 rule. Have 1 or the other. Sure make traveling easier because guys down south have to buy tires to go north and the same for the guys up north to come south. We literally have over 30 tires in the shop and none are legal to run with UMP.

To make the situation worse, because of a shortage, you can't get any UMP tires shipped. All you could do is buy them at the track. They still have a limit to how many you could get at the track. Kinda hard to travel 8hrs from home not knowing if you can buy enough tires at the track to race on.

Rant over.... Time to cook dinner.

The "insurance" companies do not specify what safety standards a track must abide by. That would lead them to have more liability than the track operators since they have more $$$. They base their insurance premiums on the type opf cars that race and their "suggested" improvements. Less safe= higher rates.

The last track I ran had a 8' high front stretch fence when I got there. I ran a street stock and four banger program so no modifications were needed. But if I ran modifieds or late models they "suggested" a 12' fence.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Add Dennis Erb, Jesse Stovall

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The "insurance" companies do not specify what safety standards a track must abide by. That would lead them to have more liability than the track operators since they have more $$$. They base their insurance premiums on the type opf cars that race and their "suggested" improvements. Less safe= higher rates.

The last track I ran had a 8' high front stretch fence when I got there. I ran a street stock and four banger program so no modifications were needed. But if I ran modifieds or late models they "suggested" a 12' fence.
    I mean in essence they are dictating the safety standards with their rates.

Have all the safety features = paying a lower rate
    Don't have all the safety features = paying a higher rate

Remove Unzicker, taking weekend off

Spencer Hughes is there in the PCC car.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post

I'm not doubting your experience at all, but K&K insurance made my home track put up a catch fence where there had not been one the previous 20+ years, that and they made them always keep the banking cut down to have 4' of the concrete wall showing. They would not continue coverage at all if those 2 things were not done. Maybe it was because they ran mods and late models weekly.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Your whole first paragraph makes zero sense. You ramble on trying to impress yourself with every big word you can come up. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to be in your presence in real life. You're a walking example of someone that is a legend in their own mind. Hoping father time will strike you down so I don't have to. Suck deez grapefuits gramps.
    OMG ! Did you maybe offend poor old CIRF with this reply ? ? Haven't seen him here, Sprints, or Tailgate since the 15th. There seems to be a void on here without his input.