Default Faster track conditions

Have any of you had your driver tell you they feel like they need more sidebite when the track is faster? He said when corner entry speed is up the car feels loose going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudy73 View Post
    Have any of you had your driver tell you they feel like they need more sidebite when the track is faster? He said when corner entry speed is up the car feels loose going in.
    When you are going faster, you get more weight transfer left to right. Neither rf nor rr is a linear wheel rate, even if you just use a simple spring on those corners. You can reach a travel where one wheel picks up load too quickly. Which one depends on if we are on or off throttle entry.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I've had that sensation before if it's wide open and turning down the hill towards the inside of the track. If it's wide open around the top, I don't notice it as much. But yes. It's a different feeling. But I've never adjusted for it for fear of killing speed. And I also won or ran in the front those nights.

I feel we are giving up speed. The car doesn't look " tractioned up" like other times an we are slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudy73 View Post
    I feel we are giving up speed. The car doesn't look " tractioned up" like other times an we are slower.
    To realistically answer your dilemma ask the driver this: If you drive in 5 MPH faster into corner what would happen? He has 3 choices

A. It would spin out
    B. It would push
    C. It would 4 wheel drift

Generally the drivers first reaction to that question will give you the answer if you need more side bite. Now people can refer to side bite as different things but to me side bite is lateral traction of the RR tire, so lack of side bite is a loose entry.