Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Whenever I read race write-ups no matter the publication they refer to #39 as the Paylor Motorsports Longhorn house car.
    Your exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Longhorn and other chassis manufactures still have a long way to go before they knock rocket off their pedestal.
    Wonder what the two look like in the same time frame of operations…..

Longhorn started around 11 years ago ish…..was rocket as established and solid after their first 11 ish in operation?

Anyone that was around and can speak to that would be cool to hear?

They both make a great car, no doubt about it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!

Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!

Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!
    And he'd sell 45 cars a year without that race team.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Hard to compare different eras of Rocket and Longhorn 30 years apart. Back when Rocket started there were more racers but most of them ran on shoestring budgets with one car. Nowadays there is more corporate and Nascar money in the sport and many of the well funded teams might go thru multiple chassis' during the year. As far as who had the biggest bankroll and funding to start their endeavor I'd say Longhorn by a mile.

What teams have Nascar money funding them?
    2021 race count
    6 events

What teams have Nascar money funding them?
    I think hes refering to clint boyer racing

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    I think hes refering to clint boyer racing
    Well he says more corporate and Nascar funding. Meaning there's multiple teams with such funding. Bowyer has multiple business ventures so I would think it's hard to say how much Nascar money is involved plus the fact he's not even a active Nascar driver anymore. Even if there was any Nascar funding it sure doesn't show on a consistent basis. With two teams or even one. Even with one team it seems like a step down from other rides out there currently such as Rocket1, Double L, Paylor/Longhorn. Maybe even Best or the Wells ride. I would say there is way more Nascar/Corporate funding in sprint cars than anything.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Well he says more corporate and Nascar funding. Meaning there's multiple teams with such funding. Bowyer has multiple business ventures so I would think it's hard to say how much Nascar money is involved plus the fact he's not even a active Nascar driver anymore. Even if there was any Nascar funding it sure doesn't show on a consistent basis. With two teams or even one. Even with one team it seems like a step down from other rides out there currently such as Rocket1, Double L, Paylor/Longhorn. Maybe even Best or the Wells ride. I would say there is way more Nascar/Corporate funding in sprint cars than anything.
    Yea there is in sprint cars. U have multipule teams there.
    Wasnt there another team besides boyers in late models.

I don’t know how anybody affords to do any of this anymore. The costs are beyond insane. Even for the well ofF folks, they’ve gotta be asking themselves...what are we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!
    Why are we are we discounting sponsorship money? Between Valvoline and the other 100 sponsors on that car........ it wouldn't surprise me if the whole team team could break even with $0.00 in winnings. So WITH that much winnings, Mark is bringing home a nice pay day..... not including the money he makes selling 300 overpriced race cars a year to suckers who think they are getting the same stuff he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Why are we are we discounting sponsorship money? Between Valvoline and the other 100 sponsors on that car........ it wouldn't surprise me if the whole team team could break even with $0.00 in winnings. So WITH that much winnings, Mark is bringing home a nice pay day..... not including the money he makes selling 300 overpriced race cars a year to suckers who think they are getting the same stuff he has.
    Sounds like you just have a Mark problem.

Sounds like you just have a Mark problem.
    Dirt late model racing has a mark problem. Ive been on the inside of that camp before. I know too much. But hey, keep sending him money. Maybe you can get the secret smash numbers they used to run 20th the other weekend at Eldora.

Dirt late model racing has a mark problem. Ive been on the inside of that camp before. I know too much. But hey, keep sending him money. Maybe you can get the secret smash numbers they used to run 20th the other weekend at Eldora.
    Mocking their results isn't something you're going to win at.

Why would any chassis manufacture give away every entire speed secret? Seems contradicting to me. As long as they're getting you in the ball park.. If you watch closely, you can tell who has recently visited rocket head quarters. When another team leaves Shinnston, WV they're instantly fast then their speed seems to slowly vanish. Why is that? Rocket1 beats other teams mostly with their preparation more than anything, they're one of the firsts to the track. They're not at the track to party, they fine tune every detail, it's all business.

People like to make excuses, not just in racing, but in life. The hardest working people will always succeed the most.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 07-01-2021 at 08:02 AM.

I don’t know how anybody affords to do any of this anymore. The costs are beyond insane. Even for the well ofF folks, they’ve gotta be asking themselves...what are we doing?
    More people need to get in their lane and go have some fun on Saturday night. You don't need what the Lucas guys have to run 8th at your local show. If you are 1 second off the pace, going from your 18 degree engine to a new Durham will probably only SLOW you about 2 tenths in the feature.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Your new Penske rf shock with 900# zero point, 1050# at 1"/sec, max rebound of 1300# isn't going to make an appreciable difference over the ohlins you bought 5 years ago with an almost identical curve.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

"I know too much", every one on 4M

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    "I know too much", every one on 4M
    There are people here who actually do.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Mocking their results isn't something you're going to win at.

Why would any chassis manufacture give away every entire speed secret? Seems contradicting to me. As long as they're getting you in the ball park.. If you watch closely, you can tell who has recently visited rocket head quarters. When another team leaves Shinnston, WV they're instantly fast then their speed seems to slowly vanish. Why is that? Rocket1 beats other teams mostly with their preparation more than anything, they're one of the firsts to the track. They're not at the track to party, they fine tune every detail, it's all business.

People like to make excuses, not just in racing, but in life. The hardest working people will always succeed the most.
    The last paragraph in your post is one of the best descriptions of America 2021 that has been put in print anywhere….nice penn.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????