Default CV Products Fuel Pump Leak?

Anyone ever have some fuel seep out the "weep" hole on a CV fuel pump? What's strange is I already washed the car (so the pump would have been clean), and the engine has not been ran since...I was just looking it over and noticed a small amount of fuel around the edge of the top half. Not enough to leak down onto the ground, but I've never had one leak before.

It's a good practice to tape up that hole when washing. It causes the diaphram to deteriorate because of the water that gets in. They sell rebuild kits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Anyone ever have some fuel seep out the "weep" hole on a CV fuel pump? What's strange is I already washed the car (so the pump would have been clean), and the engine has not been ran since...I was just looking it over and noticed a small amount of fuel around the edge of the top half. Not enough to leak down onto the ground, but I've never had one leak before.
    when you wash it , it will rust the shaft because the fuel washes all the oil off the shaft, then small rust pits start (corrosion starts too) then small fuel leak, we replace the shaft (and seal kit) when we lap out an engine, just maintenance to us anymore
    not much you can do here

Thanks for the responses.