Default Knoxville Summernationals

Thinking about making the drive from Davenport for this tomorrow. Anyone been there? Worth the 45 minute ride?!

I've been there once. I have low expectations but it's less than an hour away and it's Super Late Models on a Tuesday. I think it's bigger than a half mile. I remember the facility being nicer than I expected, but that was 5 years ago.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    Thinking about making the drive from Davenport for this tomorrow. Anyone been there? Worth the 45 minute ride?!
    Last I knew it was still used for horse races during the fair, which is this week. It's a fairly flat track. Probably won't make race of the year, but it should be a decent show. I was fortunate enough to get a win there in the mid 90's. It's fast, but as the the saying goes, you can read the newspaper down the straightaways! As Shiny said, it's a late model race on a Tuesday night, enjoy!

I’m making the trip down from Michigan. Decided to give it a try. Gates open at 5:30 for anyone that was wondering.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Tanner English has a video of it on snapchat, they had horse racing today on it.

Looks very narrow, I think passing is going to be tough.

Thumbs up

I think you should go for sure...and then give us a report on it. Gary Webb ran 3rd at the fair races there two years ago so it can't be all bad. Probably similar to Owatonna.

Any track within 45 minutes is worth a shot.

Track is big. !/2 mile plus!
    8/13/16

I will be going. Independence show is gonna be too close to the storms and a 2 hour plus drive from Davenport. I will let you guys know. 1/2 mile racing tonight!!!