Default Jackson Motorplex WOO Friday and Saturday car count?

Any ideas? $10,000 to win Friday and $20,000 to win Saturday. I’m thinking with Lucas Oil running and Summer Nationals running it could be hard to get 24 cars in SW MN.

20 cars Friday, maybe 22 Saturday. Not a lot of open motor cars in the area and doesn't help there's a Dirt Kings race at MTS Friday and $10K WISSOTA LM show Sat/Sun in SD. I think possibly Timm and Sorenson will race MTS Friday and Jackson Saturday, but they could just as easily end up at Cedar Lake Saturday for their $5k mod race.

I'm seeing 18 listed for Friday. I'll bet MTS does a bit better than that for Dirt Kings.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Frankie Jr pulls off summer nats and gets the win on night one at Jackson. On his birthday nonetheless. Good for him.

Jake Timm flipped hard at MTS. Probably won't be at Jackson tomorrow. Ugh.

Cade Dillard has had crap luck this year. Leading and breaks a wheel on lap 26 handing it over to Heckenast. Happy birthday.

Just got home from Jackson, congrats Frankie. That’s the only good thing I have to say what a joke. 18 cars and 17 Tri State LMs. Yup that’s 35 cars for a $35 ticket. Track should have never been raced on as there was way to much moisture in the track. A lot of torn up equipment in the Tri State LMs, 4 restarts to start the race with cars piled up. Follow the leader and to bad for Cade as that was a track issue also as there was way to much moisture. The track was like a spung and the right rear was taking way to much abuse. I guess the good thing is tomorrow will get rained out as there is a 70% chance of rain all day.

What happened to jimmy mars?

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    What happened to jimmy mars?
    He was there last night, but pulled off during the feature. Looks like he’s racing somewhere else tonight.

Feature just went green. Erb Jr leads. Gustin goes up in smoke on Lap 2.

Erb wins, followed by Frankie and BShepp. Was a dud for 45 laps, but pretty good final 5, thanks to some yellows and restarts.

Don't think it would have mattered tonight. Erb was fast and looked to have the field covered. At one point he had about a 1/2 lap lead
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

On 16 cars? The crowd looked small too they might need to stick with sprints up there great sprint track and a great facility they have spent a lot of money up there.

Had to the weakest Outlaw field I've ever seen. I can't believe they charge $35 for that.

For such a showcase facility to run a two day good paying show and get 18/17 and 16/12 for car counts in the headliner and companion classes, that makes for some heartburn.

Now that part of the LM world does not have whole lot of true open motor cars. WISSOTA and NLRA for sure have loads of late models but they are not on the same par as a WoO LM to compete heads up with rules packages. Also, WISSOTA and NLRA country is still pretty far north of Jackson. The Tri-State series was the undercard, they run in that area, and they didn't have too many cars.

MTS ran their Dirt Kings show on Friday and had 27, but that track is 200 miles from Jackson. That shouldn't have mattered. If MTS hadn't been running, they may have only gained a couple more. Malvern Bank was scheduled in Nebraska (rained) and if there was no conflict you might have got a couple of those drivers. No conflict with MARS or MLRA but some them seemed to go toward the Summernationals races.

Could tire availability be working into the picture? I have been hearing grumblings about tire availability from some people. If you have to change up a bunch of rubber to make a show against some cars you have no hope of beating, why then? If a touring series is going to go into an area where they are not looking at a whole lot of good and equal cars to draw in, you have to incentivize some rules (weight break, tires, etc) and try and find some parity to make it worth their while to try - even if they'll be a field filler.

Jackson is a cool place, reminds me of a little Knoxville, wish them luck in the future. It was nice when they had the Lucas race right before I 80's Silver Dollar race.

Not sure if it would work or not but WRG should consider combining the Summer Nationals with the WoO late models when they make this northern swing at this time of the summer. There are only a handful of drivers that follow the whole Summer Nationals anyways and then they could race for bigger money than the normal $5000 to win mid week shows. Summer Nationals used to come up to Cedar Lake Speedway before.

Tires certainly have played a role in it. As has availability of parts. 3 of my regulars have missed my last 2 shows with need for engine parts.