Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lucas 2022 Schedule

Is really looking like $15k to win will be the norm, with many large paydays added (WVMS and Muskingum come to mind)

Remember it was not long ago when the Hillbilly became the largest paying one day race with $25k to win.

Nice to the tracks and Rick and crew stepping the game up! This should keep some top talent on the tour.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Is really looking like $15k to win will be the norm, with many large paydays added (WVMS and Muskingum come to mind)

Remember it was not long ago when the Hillbilly became the largest paying one day race with $25k to win.

Nice to the tracks and Rick and crew stepping the game up! This should keep some top talent on the tour.

Thoughts?
    I feel they already had such an upper hand, I'm unsure what it changes.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

All this really does is increase the nut the track has to crack, so look for much higher ticket prices. While it’s definitely very cool for the racers, there might be a point of diminishing returns on Lucas races for the promoters.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Where can we see the 2022 schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Where can we see the 2022 schedule?
    It’s not out.

Talking about 2022 in July of 2021...

https://images.app.goo.gl/rtdnstqWTi1omhH59
    2021 race count
    6 events

I think this is long overdue and the cost of doing business. How long have we had national touring races paying $10k to win on average? I've been a fan for 30 years and seems like its been $10k the entire time. The cost of racing has gone up exponentially, I think national touring series at a minimum should pay $12k to win and $1k to start to get more drivers following the series. I know they get show up money for being regulars but a lot of time that will cover travel costs but not much else. Its a fine line because DLM racing is becoming very technologically advanced but some of your fan base can't afford a $40-$50 grandstand ticket. Most nights guys are going through at least $500+ in tires/fuel alone not to mention wear and tear on the engine so the compensation needs to match the expense so to speak. There just aren't enough rich business folks that want to field a team anymore because its a no win proposition unless you enjoy racing or use it for advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    I think this is long overdue and the cost of doing business. How long have we had national touring races paying $10k to win on average? I've been a fan for 30 years and seems like its been $10k the entire time. The cost of racing has gone up exponentially, I think national touring series at a minimum should pay $12k to win and $1k to start to get more drivers following the series. I know they get show up money for being regulars but a lot of time that will cover travel costs but not much else. Its a fine line because DLM racing is becoming very technologically advanced but some of your fan base can't afford a $40-$50 grandstand ticket. Most nights guys are going through at least $500+ in tires/fuel alone not to mention wear and tear on the engine so the compensation needs to match the expense so to speak. There just aren't enough rich business folks that want to field a team anymore because its a no win proposition unless you enjoy racing or use it for advertising.
    I'd argue the expenses should match the possible return. As you said, only so many folks are coming and they will only pay so much. Nascar found that out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Looking at it from the stands....I don’t see how anybody can afford a big boy late model team even if it was 5000.00 to start. 2 cars...2-3 motors...a NASCAR level stacker. Lord knows how much in spare parts, and throw in a tire bill. It has to be beyond stupid money. God bless the ones who do it, but Lord it has to be expensive. 15 grand to win sounds like a lot but it ain’t squat, nobody wins....the fans have to pay $$$. Not all but a lot of racers still have to dumpster dive by mid season. We’re. Lucky we even have DLM racing at this point.

It's amazing how anyone can afford to race whether it's a 4 cylinder up to a national tour division. Let alone be in contention to win every night.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd argue the expenses should match the possible return. As you said, only so many folks are coming and they will only pay so much. Nascar found that out.
    Not saying it's right, but seems like the theory is to make some of your money back in race purses and have sponsors throwing lots of money at you to make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Not saying it's right, but seems like the theory is to make some of your money back in race purses and have sponsors throwing lots of money at you to make a living.
    No argument there. I consider that part of the possible return.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The sport needs to find a way to become more affordable. Dial the rules in some.

If WRG didn’t have WoO Sprint Car dates to use to leverage tracks to host WoOLM dates instead of Lucas I feel Lucas would be looking at creating 2 series to fill tracks wanting dates. WoO is falling behind not only on their schedule but their driver lineup.

You are so right 4Barrel, The sport is in trouble, every year we see a 15-20% drop in supers, its unfortunate, but there are teams out there that will spend a million to make a dime. Love him or hate him, Scott Bloomquist showed and proved to us that at tracks like Eldora its all about the car. When a team like Davenport is able to after the Dream go out and buys 2 brand new longhorns without a thought, the sport is in trouble, the average team cant do that, and eventually they either leave the sport or drop down to crates, mods, or street stocks. I think it should really start with changing the aero packages they are allowing in the sport. But as long as you got corporate sponsors of Lucas, WOO and big races the problems are only going to grow.

If WRG didn’t have WoO Sprint Car dates to use to leverage tracks to host WoOLM dates instead of Lucas I feel Lucas would be looking at creating 2 series to fill tracks wanting dates. WoO is falling behind not only on their schedule but their driver lineup.

So Port Royal, I-80 and Knoxville all have WOO sprint dates but their biggest Late model shows are all Lucas Oil, try harder there Tireguy17

Well I agree the purses need to be raised and a lot of them have been but they also need to increase the laps yes it's true it's been 10 grand for a while but a lot of them races were 100 laps now they are 50 laps most of the races are 50 laps now not many 100 laps races.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Well I agree the purses need to be raised and a lot of them have been but they also need to increase the laps yes it's true it's been 10 grand for a while but a lot of them races were 100 laps now they are 50 laps most of the races are 50 laps now not many 100 laps races.
    50 laps is fine with me. I don't think every national sanctioned event should be 100 laps.

No need to increase purses. These race teams don’t make their money off the purse payout. Tracks need to lower their prices and get more folks in the place so they buy more food, drinks and souvenirs

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Back in the HAT days, the 10,000 to win races were the 100 lap, 2 day shows. You'd have qualifying and Heats on Friday, and B mains and Feature on Saturday. If you think about it, this was actually very good for the promoters/tracks. You had 2 days of admission (albeit Friday was cheaper) and 2 days of concession sales and souvenir sales.
    They only paid 5,000 for the 50 lappers.