Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    As someone who trained, supervised, and spent a career as a practitioner of law enforcement the thing that bothers me is that the immediate escalation to lethal force was not obviously justified here. Just because someone is "breaking laws" does not mean they are subject to an instant execution. I have some familiarity with the continuum of a use of force response.

There were other fully equipped uniformed officers in the immediate vicinity of Ashli. Any one of those of whom could have effected an arrest, intervention, or redirection of her movements. Hey, some of them tried to render aid to her after she was shot. There is a considerable size differential between the shooter (as seen in the video) and Ashli. If she is trying to crawl through a broken window, with empty hands, you grab her and pull her through and down to the ground for apprehension. Options for low level or intermediate level use of force were neglected to go right for lethal force where it was not at all necessary. This is the crux of it, not the issue of - she was breaking the law.

There are lots of laws and lots of ways of dealing with people who are breaking laws. We don't catch shoplifters and then say, "Now turn your head to the right so I can put this one behind your left ear, cause you broke the law." We apply the use of force necessary to effect the necessary outcome. Ashli was not representing life threatening harm, or the possibility of such, to anyone in that immediate moment. Shooting her was the screw up of all screw ups and now it is covered up and protected at the highest levels of government.

The police officer in Minnesota who grabbed her gun when she thought she was grabbing her Taser committed one of those big screw ups. But she didn't mean to shoot the guy, she meant to use intermediate methods and she screwed up. This agent who shot Ashli Babbitt did not appropriately apply the correct use of force for the supposed threat at the moment. The officer in Minnesota has been identified and is being dealt with for her screw up. The officer who killed Ashli Babbitt is getting away with it.

Look, there was no case made that a high level Secret Service protectee was in the immediate area of where Ashli was killed. Nobody has yet shown me any signage that read something to the effect of - violators attempting to go beyond this point are subject to deadly force - like if you tried to get into a nuke weapons area of a military installation. Nobody has tried to make any rationalization for why immediate deadly force was necessary. They are just trying to make it - go away.
    Another accurate, concise and common sense post, Morgs. You spelled it out pretty clearly. Even ol' kaz should be able to comprehend it. That is if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Any loss of life is a tragedy but they knew the risks they were taking in assaulting the capital.
    I have to go back to this quoted comment, as its --- well, simply not correct. NO, they didn’t know the risks they were taking, as precedence was already set. Here’s why.

If we go back to the July 2020 breach and assaulting of the Seattle East precinct, well, that was just a total $hitshow with bombs --- and a breaching hole in the side of the building. Now enter the December 2020 breach and assaulting of the Oregon Capital building --- furthering the assault, the perpetrators used chemical agents, they were armed and so forth. Hopefully you get the point with both short examples to jog your memory.

Now then, out of those two examples --- how many Ashli Babbitt’s were shot and killed, and how many perpetrators are still in solitary confinement? I’ll give you a hint. In both examples, stand-down orders were given.

Now then, out of those two examples --- what were the Political leanings of the perpetrators in both examples? Anti-Trump or Pro-Trump?

Hey kazzy, you got your ass handed to you......................TWICE! LOLOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Im still trying to figure out why it was Trumps fault! smh

Did he twist their arms or hold a gun to their head......they were adults, correct?

The risk taken on January 6th 2021 was to be a outwardly and open Trump supporter. Nothing more.

And kazual, its OK for you to be an Anti-Trump’er. Doing it blindly is where I think you are much-much smarter than that.

More importantly........dont use their hate to justify a lie!

Trump asked for their peaceful support........nothing more!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    In your mind buddy. The capital mob knew full well they were in potentially dangerous circumstances and were willing to break the law to undue an election. Why dress in riot gear and carry weapons / sticks, etc? Going to a costume party?
    I hate time trials.

The capital mob knew full well they were in potentially dangerous circumstances ----
    I disagree, and pointed that out in my two equivalents as previous stand-down orders set the precedence.

---- Why dress in riot gear and carry weapons / sticks, etc? Going to a costume party?
    So did the mob perpetrators in my examples, yet none of them were shot and killed like Ashli Babbitt. Why?

------
    Don’t let your Trump hate blind you from the obvious, and the hypocrisy.

Don’t let your support for Trump blind you to facts, just say’n.
    I hate time trials.

Don’t let your support for Trump blind you to facts, just say’n.
    I support the President, at the time. Don’t you?

Here is the January 6th 2020 transcript of Trumps speech. Please quote, cut and paste the facts that you keep referencing.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...s-capitol-riot

I’ll wait.

Kazz, don't let your lack of Trump support, blind you to the facts!!! hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Oooooh, I get it now. On January 6th 2020, the Trump haters normalized the shooting death of Ashli Babbitt. Like a tit-for-tat.

In your mind buddy. The capital mob knew full well they were in potentially dangerous circumstances and were willing to break the law to undue an election. Why dress in riot gear and carry weapons / sticks, etc? Going to a costume party?
    Nope. Buddy. LOLOL! You got your ass handed to you.......twice.

Your marxist hero's in congress, 90% of the media and 100% of academia tried to undo an election by breaking laws for more than 4 years. Hypocrite much?

Bear spray and flag poles are the horrible weapons you tout. Gasp!!! Hahahahahaaaa!!

An unarmed 110# woman was murdered and her murderer is being protected from prosecution by your hero's, senile joe and the ho..........and you're happy about the whole thing. What does that say about you? Whatever it is, it ain't good.

Been to any marxist parties lately?

CIRF, I’ve voted Republican in presidential elections until 2020. I’m conservative on economic policy, border control, voter ID and pro life. I believe in free enterprise and capitalism. Biden’s policies disturb me, especially the amount of money being spent. But the one caveat is I view Trump as a huge risk. Ole Orange is an autocrat, he wants to run the country without any oversight. But go ahead and use your labels, that easier than thinking things through, just like Orange taught you.
    I hate time trials.

………..and what we have now is wwwaayyyyy better !

Kazual, Now that you answered CIRF, please make sure to answer my question from post #32, based on where you said this ---

DJT has his share of blood on his hands for this while episode.
    --- I’m looking for exact quoted, cut and pasted from the transcript specifics, from Trumps statements. The bloody hands parts.

As well, you missed answering my direct questions in post # 29, and my first question in post #32.

Ole Orange is an autocrat, he wants to run the country without any oversight.
    The Obama/Biden Administration did the same. No problems with that?