Thread: I-80 question

Default I-80 question

Making my way to Nebraska for the Silver Dollar Nationals, another bucket list race, few questions. Cooler friendly? Alcohol friendly? Best place to sit with general admission ticket? Any thing else a first timer needs to know? Thanks
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

They do sell alcohol there, not sure on the coolers. The grandstand are high and steep (if your near the top you may need to conserve on the alcohol, it a long drop!, lol) not a bad seat in the house as the the infield is well below the track. I have a camping spot on the backstretch which includes a pit pass to infield access at any time. Infield has 4 unique elevated stands in the corners and there is a platform across the track from the flagstand. It's usually HOT! not much for shade around there.

I'm about 95% sure you can't bring coolers into the stands.

Drink water! It’s usually unbelievably hot. However, Kosiskis always have a stellar track. Not sure I remember about coolers. Always have had a blast there.

This is a must see track. I will be honest, the first time I went to this facility, I looked around and thought...... I drove from eastern Iowa, 4 1/2 hours to this. It was 107 degrees that day. I'm going to tell you..... it didn't take long to figure out that I would return every year for this race. There is something about this track that makes racing second to none. Not sure if it is the configuration. I do know that the Kosiski's have been around and know how to prep a racetrack. Not only that, they take pride in it big time. It is for sure like Birky time said....it's always hot there. HYDRATE.......but do not miss this race.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    They do sell alcohol there, not sure on the coolers. The grandstand are high and steep (if your near the top you may need to conserve on the alcohol, it a long drop!, lol) not a bad seat in the house as the the infield is well below the track. I have a camping spot on the backstretch which includes a pit pass to infield access at any time. Infield has 4 unique elevated stands in the corners and there is a platform across the track from the flagstand. It's usually HOT! not much for shade around there.
    The grandstands that you are referring to are reserved seats. The shorter grandstands are general admission.

no coolers

1.no coolers allowed
    2. tall boy cans ($5-6)
    3. mixed drinks
    4. coca cola products
    5. sit towards turn 1 to see the action coming out of turn 2.
    6. the event t shirts will be pricey ,but if you need one get it EARLY.
    7. ITS ALWAYS HOT and there is no shade except the grandstand itself so SIT LOW.
    8. HYDRATE AHEAD OF TIME.
    9. The track was built to be like Eldora but its slower and less banked.
    10. Parking is plentiful but be careful to not park next to any huge trucks.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Red Flag beer specials are the best. We still joke about it when a red comes out at our tracks back home from our trip to the SDN 3 years ago. It’s a mad dash with the buckets! :-)

Red flag beer specials!!!! I forgot all about that. It’s been probably 4 years since I’ve been. Wish I could go next week.

Kmart right by Kosiski Auto Parts had the Blue Light Special, so i-80 has the red light special. It's much more of a Sprint car night event, but you never know I have seen at least one DLM go for a few

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

It sounds like Bobby Pierce is out and sticking to the Hell tour to try and win the points title.