Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    If you roll in with a double stacker do you really need to be taking handouts?
    so youd rather see a guy with a 24' with no room for tires and parts go up there and probably not be a threat to make some noise?

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    so youd rather see a guy with a 24' with no room for tires and parts go up there and probably not be a threat to make some noise?
    I'd rather see it go to guys who wish they could go but are low on funding. That's how it started out but morphed into a popularity contest to give guys who already have funding money to come to a race they probably were already coming to.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I'd rather see it go to guys who wish they could go but are low on funding. That's how it started out but morphed into a popularity contest to give guys who already have funding money to come to a race they probably were already coming to.
    You're more than welcome to start your own fund and give it to those you feel are more deserving. No matter how you want to look at it this is not only good for the Speedway, but great for the sport as a whole.

EX ACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do any of these boys need extra cash to to go to a race they were most likely going to anyhow. Im not sure how Gundaker's dad and mom could pay for gas at these prices!! And I am sure Billy's dad does not have much left over from the millions of assets he listed on Facebook!!! Them poor souls!

The rest of us 4m'ers that understand this need to come up with a "FansFund" so you others can donate to our causes too!

1 Jason Feger
    2 Bobby Pierce
    3 Ashton Winger
    4 Gordy Gundaker
    5 Chris Simpson

1 Garrett Alberson
    2 Mark Whitener
    3 Drake Troutman
    4 Tegan Evans
    5 Jeremiah Hurst
    6 Trevor Gundaker
    7 Tony Jackson Jr
    8 Chad Simpson
    9 Billy Moyer Jr
    10 Spencer Hughes

Speaking of that do Gordy and Trevor Gundaker have regular jobs or do they race for a living? If just race there must be a lot of sponsor and/or family money supporting that. Seem like good guys, just don't run a ton of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    EX ACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do any of these boys need extra cash to to go to a race they were most likely going to anyhow. Im not sure how Gundaker's dad and mom could pay for gas at these prices!! And I am sure Billy's dad does not have much left over from the millions of assets he listed on Facebook!!! Them poor souls!

The rest of us 4m'ers that understand this need to come up with a "FansFund" so you others can donate to our causes too!

1 Jason Feger
    2 Bobby Pierce
    3 Ashton Winger
    4 Gordy Gundaker
    5 Chris Simpson

1 Garrett Alberson
    2 Mark Whitener
    3 Drake Troutman
    4 Tegan Evans
    5 Jeremiah Hurst
    6 Trevor Gundaker
    7 Tony Jackson Jr
    8 Chad Simpson
    9 Billy Moyer Jr
    10 Spencer Hughes
    Your comment on Moyer only proves what a fool you are.
    8/13/16

I'd their low on funding they should probably find a new hobby.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Seems as though HTF has their own personal FansFund going... Or am I wrong?
    2021 race count
    6 events

I sort of agree, I believe it should be for new drivers that haven't been there at all or for drivers that haven't been there for at least 2 to 3 years. You are not getting anymore cars there by paying for Pierce and Feger and others that would of showed up otherwise if there even wasn't a FansFund. Pretty much why I shopped donating.

Is it much different than a promoter charging a few bucks more for fans to get in the stands so he can pay someone 'show up money'? With this deal, you at least don't have to foot the bill if you choose not to donate.

It seems it does get Cedar Lake lots of free advertising, eh ? ---chuckle

great job by the Fansfund crew.

i will never understand some so called race fans.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

excellent quote---spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Packin' Meat View Post
    You're more than welcome to start your own fund and give it to those you feel are more deserving. No matter how you want to look at it this is not only good for the Speedway, but great for the sport as a whole.
    Amen!! I agree with this assessment.

I am not familiar with the fans fund. I know it is too late to contribute this year , but how does one contribute ? Is it a online contribution ?

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    great job by the Fansfund crew. i will never understand some so called race fans.
    Agree, but then again nothing new.
    I hate time trials.

The Fansfund was started for probably for a different reason but now it’s to bring the field of cars to 40-45. Back when there was 50-60 this wasn’t needed but with the lack of car count almost everywhere today it’s very much needed. To say the 15 cars all would have come anyway is completely wrong. 5 -7 of these cars probably would have made trip but 8-10 would not have. You can’t afford the chance at only 32 cars racing for $250,000 over 3 days. Fansfund personal and donation people and businesses your awesome and keep up the great work.

I think the FansFund is great each year. I also take the time to vote for a couple of drivers on the list who I know wouldn't go without the FansFund. Chances are a few of them on the list would go, regardless. Pierce and Winger comes to mind as two that would. But I believe Tuty is correct, at least 8-10 wouldn't go. I really don't get why people bash drivers who take out a loan to get a hauler to try to better their team, try to make it to more races without breaking down or investing $40k - $50k in a pick up truck. Most of these guys started with open wheel trailers and worked their way into stackers. Face it, unless you are winning the races these guys are not getting rich by any means. Money is tight all around. The fans at CLS always seem appreciative of any driver who comes to this race. Thank you FANS FUND for getting more drivers to this race.