Default Tire rules......

Hopefully these shortage prompted tire rule changes are *the new normal*. Im usually not for adding rules, but these rules requiring drivers to run the same tires for a lot of the night is actually a rule saving teams money for once! Saw Ray Cook series doing it, Eldora did it to great success, etc. Hopefullt it stays this way, but with Hoosier being involved, I have a feeling it will be short lived

I disagree... Everyone on the same tire compound only increases the problem of no passing. I get saving money, but most racers are going to spend that money on something else (suspension and aero) anyway. I would actually like to see tire rules relaxed a little bit as far as compounds the racers are allowed to use. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I disagree... Everyone on the same tire compound only increases the problem of no passing. I get saving money, but most racers are going to spend that money on something else (suspension and aero) anyway. I would actually like to see tire rules relaxed a little bit as far as compounds the racers are allowed to use. Just my opinion.
    What he's talking about is qualifying and heats. I also think more flexibility is needed for feature. Harder to have comers and goers with all on same tire.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What he's talking about is qualifying and heats. I also think more flexibility is needed for feature. Harder to have comers and goers with all on same tire.
    That makes more sense with prelims, totally agree with that.

That makes more sense with prelims, totally agree with that.
    I think they totally ruined the racing at Eldora by not allowing the LM30. Your car has to be perfect to make the bottom line work, or your LM20 rf will die on you.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Not all are this way, but many are:

Same tires all night, but are allowed to change 2 tires for the feature. So you can change compound on 2 tires for the feature. You can change a tire that is blistered or worn out, but has to be approved by taking said tire to officials and show them the tire (they are usually marked from qualifying or heat race) and you can replace with another used tired of the same compound. You bring both tires (marked one that needs replaced and the used one your replacing it with) for them to verify and remark used replacement tire.

Again not how every one does it, but that's the most common way

I think they totally ruined the racing at Eldora by not allowing the LM30. Your car has to be perfect to make the bottom line work, or your LM20 rf will die on you.
    I never have understood why they only allow a 20 on RF for those 100 lappers. It's hard to make one last through a 25 lapper there.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I never have understood why they only allow a 20 on RF for those 100 lappers. It's hard to make one last through a 25 lapper there.
    I call it the Dennis Erb rule. They changed it after he dominated the Dream in 2016. Then in the World, it slowed him enough to allow Pierce to win on the cushion, with his illegal LR suspension.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I call it the Dennis Erb rule. They changed it after he dominated the Dream in 2016. Then in the World, it slowed him enough to allow Pierce to win on the cushion, with his illegal LR suspension.
    Hasn’t been won up top for a few years it seems.. think it’s just the track? And I’ve heard of Davenport running illegal susp in 17, but never of pierce. Spring rods?