Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Circle city roll call

After the WoO debacle I wonder how many will show up

It really wasn’t a debacle. I was there at that race. Just a new track that needs to get thing’s right. Their last race Sunday July 5th wasn’t to bad and was decent racing.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 07-13-2021 at 06:43 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

As far as local guys going, Myself - 13 Laster, 14B - Britan Godsey, 1CJ - Casey White, 43 - Kody Marsee, not too many Brownstown guys came up for the WoO race, I doubt many come up this time aswell, although I think the racing will be much better, they’ve been working on the track for the past week straight and the pictures I’ve seen look fantastic. We did get a litte shower today, not sure how that will affect it but I think it will be pretty good.

Early stages of a moto cross track
    2021 race count
    6 events

25 late models in attendance.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

25 cars. Track looks much better than it did for the previous events. Smooth with the cushion pushed all the way up to the wall in the middle of 1 and 2 during late model qualifying. The track is a similar size and configuration as Fairbury, but the tires in the infield may need to be moved in for the bottom groove to be like it is at Fairbury.

Pierce wins Heat 1. They watered the middle and bottom after qualifying and packed the top. Middle became the preferred line in the modified heats and for Pierce in heat 1.

Gilpin wins heat 2 with an all Indiana top 3. A couple puffs of smoke came from Chamberlain in 3rd and something appeared to be dragging just underneath the driver’s side door.

A calamity into turn 1 on the start of heat 3. 7 of the 8 starters spin and come to a stop, but all refire and we try again.

Schlenk wins heat 3. Everybody on the bottom in the last 2 heats. All heats are finished so hopefully they will water again.

Steve Peeden picks up the win in the annually mis-named consolation race.

Hoffman wins the modified feature. The first 5 laps were good with Nicely, Woodling, and Hoffman racing 3 wide. Woodling was smooth and rolling the top with Nicely on the bottom and Hoffman peeking under him trying to get by. Woodling edged ahead for a lap, then Nicely moved up to try to take away Woodling’s line and let Hoffman go right on by. Woodling broke on the next lap and Hoffman wasn’t challenged until the last 5 laps in traffic. Nicely closed to within a couple car lengths when Hoffman was hung up in the middle of a group of lappers. It’s the most (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)-eyed ugly car, but Hoffman keeps on taking home the wins. Good run for Tommy Sheppard Jr coming from 20th to 4th.

Caution on lap 15. Pierce leads Spencer Hughes with English 3rd. Pierce was running the bottom early and Hughes was running him down using the high side. Pierce moved up as he closed in on lapped traffic and has stayed there, taking away any advantage Hughes was getting.

Pierce wins, Godsey climbs up to grab 2nd, Hughes 3rd.

Heck of a race for second.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    Pierce wins, Godsey climbs up to grab 2nd, Hughes 3rd.

WOW! What time did they start? Seems awfully early to be finished already. Great that they got the show in and done early on a week night. Thanks for all the updates as well.

Only 2 classes, didn't mess around! Other tracks should take note on their weeknight races!

I’m staying on this bandwagon. Spencer Hughes is going to be a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    WOW! What time did they start? Seems awfully early to be finished already. Great that they got the show in and done early on a week night. Thanks for all the updates as well.
    They did a nice job keeping the show rolling. Started hot laps on time at 6. Anthem at 6:55 and the first heat was green at 7. 3 modified heats and 3 late model heats were done before 8. Minimal track prep time and a b-main for the late models done by 8:15. Brief intermission for a little water and wheel packing, then both features ran with very few cautions (good track prep helps make that possible). Checkers flew to finish the show at 9. Well done.

I second that BK. The kid has what it takes.