Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hoodpin View Post
    Only 2 classes, didn't mess around! Other tracks should take note on their weeknight races!
    UMP needs to insist that every track runs their show like that! The majority of Summernats shows turn into a circus anymore, with Spoon River, FALS, and Circle City being the outliers by running great shows. Even Farmer City did a decent job of keeping the show moving this year, but they only do that when weather is threatening.

I'll second that GEAR_HEAD

Two classes, 20 Mods (no consi). 45 total cars. Eastern time zone starting at 7. Did anyone NOT expect an early night? They even took their time watering a couple times as well as lining up the Feature.

[QUOTE =IL LM Fan;2402066]Two classes, 20 Mods (no consi). 45 total cars. Eastern time zone starting at 7. Did anyone NOT expect an early night? They even took their time watering a couple times as well as lining up the Feature.[/QUOTE]
    They did have the right recipe for a quick and efficient show, and to their credit, Circle City gave us just that. I made a 1 hr 45 minute drive there knowing that most summer nationals shows go one of two ways - good surface with a full field (or less than full field) of cars that is finished in 3 or so hours, or a junk surface that tears up equipment and they drag the show along to take 4+ hours. I experienced the sh!t show that occurred at the Dirt Oval Route 66 a few years ago which had a handful of cars in 3 classes, they started almost 2 hours late, and weren’t finished over 3 hours after the first green flag for heat races. That’s where was my bar was set - anything better than that would have been sufficient for me. Circle City far exceeded that with the quality of the program and efficiency. True that they didn’t have a stacked field of 30 or more in both classes, but I was pleased with the racing. I hoped to be on the road by 10 eastern. I walked through the pits for 15 minutes after the show ended and was on the road by 9:20.

On a related note, the track is a pain to get to on a week night. Traffic in Indy sucks when you’re trying to get to a race around 5:30-6:00. Maybe they could consider bumping the show back an hour for an 8:00 start. The crowd was very thin when I got there at 6:00 and really didn’t fill in until almost 8:00.

10-4 on Spencer Hughes. He is gonna be a good one!!!